It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BIG Sweep: Reporters & Bloggers Beware

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I wonder if this is the reason the site is down...

OK.... I did some hunting on this, and here's what I found...(had to pull a Google cashed version)

We're moving...

Please pardon our dust while we move Capitol Hill Blue to new servers. Because of the size of our site the transition is expected to take about five days and, during the move, some features may be offline and some links may not work.

Source.

It's dated March 30, 2006.

Maybe this is the explanation for the site being down...

Time will tell.....

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well its good to hear that they werent taken down, i figured traffic but alass
thats good.
In the mean time I'm just throwing stuff into my site's space (mp3 pict and stuff)
till i get some ideas of what to put up

I'm hopeing I get a letter or something also would be nice I'd scan it and print it
on an iron-on tshirt and were it to work and stuff

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Well its good to hear that they werent taken down...

Well, I didn't say that... We still don't know yet.

If the site would be down, you'd think it more likely for that to have happened over the weekend... Remember, I posted the article today... I think we need to wait and see...

[edit on 5-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
[edit on 4/5/2006 by dubiousone]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
While I am laughing at the noteable TOOL that is making this thread a virtual slam dunk for anyone not willing to die for their party line, This thread is still something that is seriously vexxing to me. If PJ's and Oval office sellouts want to endorse the ends justify the means philosiphical argument they should pray they can sustain the course. Because americans aren't STUPID and further are starting to get wise to these BS immoral and unconstitutional tactics.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am new to this site and have only recently began to understand what is going on with 911 although a family member has been tracking this since day 1 and trying to get me to take a serious look at what really happened.
I have close friends whom I have tried to educate on 911 and it is amazing the effort it takes to get them to even watch credible footage such as Loose Change or Plane Truth.
I have one friend beginning to uinderstand while his wife simply says; "I cannot believe our own government would kill innocent people on 911" followed by' "I have enough problems to worry about and there is nothing I can do about it".
How many of you have heard this exact thing? I am sure we have all tried to bring family and friends on board only to be met with skeptisism and death ears. Is this not the same situtation that occured 2,000 years ago when followers of Christ were persecuted for what they believed to be the truth? It is truely becoming a dangerous stance to openly question our "leaders" and point fingers. I can only suggest that each of you pick one person in your life, be it a family member or friend, educate and empower them to share what they have learned with someone they know. It is not enough to come to sites and share our anger and frustration amongst like minded people. Be willing to share your knowledge and educate yourselves so that your message sparks interest and makes people cuirous. You will lose friends, you will be labled, you will quite possibly invite unwanted intrusions into your life by those with the power to silence you. This is quickly becoming a dangerous world my friends and the moment to fight or flee is upon each of us. I think the 911 videos are excellent tools, make copies on DvD or CDs, give them to friends and family, hand them to strangers on the street. This is truly a grassroots effort.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Ok...the site is back up and says the outage was due to a catastrophic failure on their new servers...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
nixon wire tapped the journalists and well, that's when they started the FISA courts.....

and Bush and Company, just now, thinks to do this. I don't think so...

my guess would be this has gone on for awhile already. would explain why the media seems so spooked when the really good stories pop up and won't touch them with a ten foot pole!!

this is why the FISA courts were established!! Unfortunately, the current administration seems to think they can ignore any law that they seem to think stands in their way....national defense issues and the like. only, will peace ever come back to america is these people are rewarded with such power for making war? will they be that willing to give up that power?

and, I agree, we can state millions to march on behalf of the illegal alien, but where are the people when it comes to our rights being degrade in such an alarming way? maybe they are too spooked also?

I hope november hurries up and gets here, and I hope there is a loud and clear message sent to congress on election day.

but then, we have a voting system that seems to lack integrity also, don't we??

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
I hope november hurries up and gets here, and I hope there is a loud and clear message sent to congress on election day.

but then, we have a voting system that seems to lack integrity also, don't we??

You're forgetting the biggest problem: the 'two party system'. Just look around ATS and you'll see all the Republicans vs Democrats BS.

[rant]

There's a ton of Democrats that are busy pointing fingers and saying that this is all the Republicans fault and that Bush is just doing what Republicans do and how none of this would have happened if we had a Democrat majority and Democrat president.

Get real people! Both parties are part of the problem and (if my suspicions are correct) could actually be 'in it together'. Think about it: they keep the Democrats blaming Republicans, Republicans blaming Democrats, trade off 'ownership' of the government every few years and the whole damn thing just keeps getting worse no matter who's 'in power'!

Do I have a solution? Nope, sorry. I wish I could say that if we vote for this or that person, everything will be OK and we will revert back to the US that many of us love and believe in, but I just don't believe that anymore.

I hope someone who's smarter than me can come up with a way out of this mess...

[/rant]

Ahhh, feels good to get that out of my system.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

o.p. by tweekerof
Once you start using member insinuations

Oh, you mean like 'predictions of prophecy' because I have a Revelations quote in my sig.?

You are acting like a hypocrite, just like your probable puppet masters. The hubris fairly oozes from your recent posts. Dance on a string my friend, you will end up swinging in the wind.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If i read that correctly...
technically speaking, our ATS admins will be getting a letter demanding that they turn over all data on Bush critics (as well as all members) and start the roundups...

I am not being paranoid... only observant...

while they probably wont get to such a minor element of Bush critism anytime soon... the law they signed is pretty much black and white...
and meant to intimidate...

if they dont get there sacrificial lambs/examples soon, then they will go after independant media forms, such as our fine community...
they got to put the fear of government into journalists somehow...

If i was a bushbasher, i would be doing some massive editing right now

really though... the sad thing is, our admins couldn't even tell us, if they did get such a request... without the threat of jail...

even if the bark never bites, it will serve its purpose...
the question remains... will the bark be outed, so the dog can be muzzled, or are the American people going to cower in a corner, just out of reach of the dogs jaws?

IMO the american people are not used to being run over to this extent, and will be too stupid or too confident in the freedoms we have all enjoyed for decades, to know better than to approach rabid dogs...

the owner of capital hill blue is a good example...
he told them to go **ck them selves... with strong letter to follow...
I can only hope that all such demands are met with the same resistance...
the freedom of the internet CAN overcome this latest attempt to squash critics of a very unfair administration...
and to sum it up... the more they squeeze, the more you can hear the yells of protest...

keep it up gubmint, if you want all the rumors to come true...
you are handling this all wrong, and censorship only works when you give up democracy

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I thought this site was European? Why can't Simon Gray tell us if he got a letter? Doesn't he live in England? Or do we (USA) now have jurisdiction in England too like we think we have in Canada? I'm talking about the whole Marc Emory thing going on.....there's a thread here about him somewhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I thought this site was European?

sorry to bust your bubble..
it was UK to begin with, but moved to the USA when the three amigos joined in... (or about that time)

so technically... US jurisdiction...

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Today's Best Cartoons

Cartoon by mister Mike Keefe for The Denver Pos

You know I wont buy a book on the constitution or a movie to do with anything against the govermeent for this reason.

Home(Father)land Security.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
...they will go after independant media forms, such as our fine community...
they got to put the fear of government into journalists somehow...

If i was a bushbasher, i would be doing some massive editing right now

I won't, I can't, it's not in me.

Fortunately, I do not live in the USA these days.

As a side note:

Good thing immigration is such a hot topic these days, huh? Otherwise, a few Americans might actually stand up to fight for their rights. Immigrants of course will be satisfied with amnesty.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaryn
You're forgetting the biggest problem: the 'two party system'. Just look around ATS and you'll see all the Republicans vs Democrats BS.
There's a ton of Democrats that are busy pointing fingers and saying that this is all the Republicans fault and that Bush is just doing what Republicans do and how none of this would have happened if we had a Democrat majority and Democrat president. Get real people! Both parties are part of the problem and (if my suspicions are correct) could actually be 'in it together'. Think about it: they keep the Democrats blaming Republicans, Republicans blaming Democrats, trade off 'ownership' of the government every few years and the whole damn thing just keeps getting worse no matter who's 'in power'! Do I have a solution? Nope, sorry.I hope someone who's smarter than me can come up with a way out of this mess...

Yes, it is very frustrating.

The powerholders/decision-makers in the US, and most of the rest of the world for that matter, are the Banksters.

The Banksters dictate to the multinational/national corporations.

The multinational/national corporations dictate to the CIA/NSA, the REAL government.

The CIA/NSA dictate the political agenda.

As you stated, there IS NO "two-party" system.

In the US, there is the Bankster/Corporatocracy/Shadow Government system.

On the Planet Earth, there is the IMF-World Bank/Multinationals/WTO system.

There is also propaganda, to control the thoughts of the unwary.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No one is going to do anything or be able to say a word as to what is happening.

The government pwns all americans and can do whatever they want.

The only thing that the stupid people can do is bi*tch and moan. They own you all. Cry and bitch all you want. Can't stop them. THEY ARE THE LAW.

You are guilty until proven innocent.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join