It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and its inhabitants the original White Race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Its a Natural Adaptation to the enviroment. In Africa, the Equators heat is heavy, and dark skin developed to help block the rays of the sun, to keep the person cool and to avoid overheating. As primitive humans move out of Africa, they began to migrate into cold enviroments, and found the heat they once were reflecting in Africa, they needed in the colder conditions. So they adapted to the enviroment and gained white skin, which absorbed more heat.

??????????????????????????????????

"dark skin developed"

No, people are born that way. Your theory supposes that the African was originally light-skinned and became Black over time.

Black is a superior absorber of energy.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
White people are an albino population.

Blond hair, blue eyes, a lack of pigment.

Like this yummy feller!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by pRoPhEcY]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
According to Plato, the inhabitants of Atlantis were described as red-skinned or as the Red Race.

seekerof

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
prophecy,
WolfOfWar is right, we were origonally a totally black race, the skin pigment evolved in our simian ancestors (atleast that's what I figure, been so long since I read the whole skin pigment evolution info, that I don't remember exactly), anyways, when people moved north to colder climates white skin developed to absorb more sunlight, caucasians are not albino, though I think albino's re the true white people, since they are closer to white than caucasians in general.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
prophecy,
WolfOfWar when people moved north to colder climates white skin developed to absorb more sunlight, caucasians are not albino, though I think albino's re the true white people, since they are closer to white than caucasians in general.

If they evolved to adapt to colder surroundings...wouldent it be logical to do so as darker pigmentation? it absorbs more sunlight and heat energy... Albino is actually a defect in the pigmentation...well thats what i thought

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9ine_Lives

prophecy,
WolfOfWar when people moved north to colder climates white skin developed to absorb more sunlight, caucasians are not albino, though I think albino's re the true white people, since they are closer to white than caucasians in general.

If they evolved to adapt to colder surroundings...wouldent it be logical to do so as darker pigmentation? it absorbs more sunlight and heat energy... Albino is actually a defect in the pigmentation...well thats what i thought

No, because black does not absorb heat in the amount needed to live in the colder climates, while white is able to absorb more light much quicker.

Oh, and no one color is better than another, humans are equal.
(Just saying this so no one calls me racist or anything.)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

prophecy,
WolfOfWar is right, we were origonally a totally black race, the skin pigment evolved in our simian ancestors (atleast that's what I figure, been so long since I read the whole skin pigment evolution info, that I don't remember exactly), anyways, when people moved north to colder climates white skin developed to absorb more sunlight, caucasians are not albino, though I think albino's re the true white people, since they are closer to white than caucasians in general.

This makes no sense at all.

Melanin is a neurotransmitter.

The color Black is a far superior absorber of energy than the non-color White.

There are "people of color" who are classified as "caucasian".

White means white. Caucasian means caucasian.

I very much like your avatar, by the way.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Umm no, European languages are primarily based on either Latin or in the case of East Europe are Slavic languages.

I've gotta say, wrong, big time wrong. European languages are primarily based on old albanian language (Albania) and albanian language is part of Indo-European group, derived from a very old language pelasgian (old culture who once dominated Balcan Peninsula, ancestors of albanian people). All latin group is descendet of old albanian language, then is the eGermanic group that created the scandinavian language included here polish and ceks language and then is the armenian language that is the root for slavian language.
Check the pic by clicking on it. If it looks small then keep clicking on it to zoom it on.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Telos]

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Telos]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The term "white" when referring to human beings implies the absence of something.

So the argument that an absence of pigment is in some way "heat-absorbing" has gone either over my head or under my chin.

I'll stick with ol' Snowflake, cuz I jus' luv 'em!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Prophecy
I'm actually a bit confused, would you mind recanting what you originaly stated.
Thanks.

Telos
I should have been more specific I meant just spanish, french and those western european languages.

Oh, and yes I realise English stems from the gemanic language tree.

What I was really just trying to get across is that there is no Atlantean language that all languages past and present came from.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This assumes that there was an aryan 'race' to begin with, I've heard that there have been indian scholars who have spoken against such a concept. Plus as Seekerof states I've heard that the atlanteans were todays Native Americans.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Native American Indian's being the descendant's of Atlantean's makes sense.

I have heard that some Ntv. American tribes on the East coast had/ve stories about there ancestors coming from a place to the East.

Not sure if that's true, but I've heard it said before.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9ine_Lives

prophecy,
WolfOfWar when people moved north to colder climates white skin developed to absorb more sunlight...

If they evolved to adapt to colder surroundings...wouldent it be logical to do so as darker pigmentation? it absorbs more sunlight and heat energy...

It has nothing to do with heat. It has to do with light. Ultraviolet light, to be precise.

If our planet didn't have an atmosphere, the amount of UV energy it received from the sun would be enough to fry anything living on the surface. But the atmosphere absorbs most of it, so only a relatively small amount reaches the ground. Even this residue is enough to cause plenty of trouble. It causes the mutations in human skin cells that give rise to cancer, for example.

Near the Equator, incoming UV light strikes the atmosphere at a very steep angle, anything up to 90 degrees. So it has relatively less atmosphere to pass through compared with UV light that strikes the atmosphere near, say, the Arctic Circle. The higher the latitude, the more atmosphere the UV has to pass through before it hits the earth's surface, therefore the less energetic it will be when if finally strikes the ground.

What this means is that our planet receives a stronger dose of UV around the Equator than it does nearer the Poles.

Accordingly, tropical life-forms have evolved defences against ultraviolet radiation that temperate and arctic life-forms don't need.

One of them (evolved in humans) is melanin. Melanin protects us against the damage caused by high-energy UV radiation.

Now, as human beings migrated northward out of Africa, the selective pressure to maintain dark skin (a high melanin count) lessened, because the thicker atmospheric blanket between them and the sun made incoming UV much less of a problem.

On the other hand, since there's less sunlight all round in temperate latitudes, the mechanism by which the body synthesizes vitamin D from sunlight has to become more efficient.

Melanin interferes with this mechanism. So a negative selection pressure evolved with respect to melanin.

And folk started turning white.

Yes, I know, I know, another far-fetched theory from those confounded scientists. So much easier to believe in Atlanteans, or Bible stories, no?

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pRoPhEcY

I think you mean melatonin.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned "The Secret Doctrine." Esotericists might also want to look up the "Stanzas of Dzyan" from Tibet which claims to recount the first races of humans. It's said that redhead people are a remnant of an early subrace which had red skin ("real" red not what we refer to today by "red race.")

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

No, I mean melanin.

Ancient Khemet(Egypt) understood what I am saying.

"The Land Of The Blacks".

The Black skin constitutes a sixth sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Prophecy
I'm actually a bit confused, would you mind recanting what you originaly stated.
Thanks.

Recant what?

That white people are an albino population?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

No, I mean melanin.

The Black skin constitutes a sixth sense.

Would you please explain some more?

If it's likely to be very off topic, start a new thread in an appropriate area and post a link to it here. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Astyanax, your question about "Melanin" and "Melatonin." My understanding is that Melatonin is a hormone which is active at receptor sites in the brain which have to do with the sleep-wake cycle. Melanin is a pigment - the more of it the darker the skin.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In the 16th century, Sir Francis Bacon was at the helm of the secret societies in England. When Bacon penned his classic work, ‘The New Atlantis’ he believed that America and Atlantis were one and the same. He outlined his vision for the perfect society, and some suggest the program he set forth has been the driving force behind the course of modern history. While he did not originate the concept, it was Bacon who articulated an ancient plan to be carried out by all the secret orders. As Chief of the Rosicrucians and the first Grand Master of modern Freemasonry, Bacon sent his followers to the new world. A 1910 Newfoundland stamp with his image upon it reads, ‘Lord Bacon: the Guiding Spirit in [the] Colonization Scheme.’ Because of his influence, Francis Bacon is considered by some to be ‘the real and true founder of America.’ For centuries, controversy has surrounded this figure who is said to be the illegitimate son of Queen Elizabeth I, and secret author of the Shakespeare plays; the man whom Thomas Jefferson considered one of the three most influential men in history. Is it possible that Bacon’s vision guides America today

cuttingedge.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join