It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War: Pentagon's blind eye to deserters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I disagree, the armies of the world brainwash people so they will follow orders without thought. They break a persons will and spirit in training.

The people who desert are the ones who have recovered their free will. Id desert if I was in the US army at the moment but Id fight to the death if someone invaded my country.

Intelligent people will not allow that to happen to themselves so they have to take anyone they can because they dont have enough people to meet targets.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ok flyer first of all, the US military does not want idiots that will simply follow orders without thought, they want people who can think on their feet. they break you down in bootcamp to build you back up the way they want you, true, but BC is also geared toward teaching you to think for yourself.

second, if you look at the recruitment numbers you will find (and you know this because i've seen you talk about it before) that they are missing their recruitment goals because they've raised those goals since the WOT began. by pre-9/11 numbers, they are doing just fine.....but of course, the media wont tell you that because it doesnt make as sensational a story.

as far as the desertions go, the chart shown on page one says it all IMHO. no more than usual, and certainly no where near the vietnam era. just propaganda on the part of old al jazeera.....big flipping surprise.

P.S.....voting yes simply because i dont believe in voting no if i'm going to add to the discussion.....still think it's simply propaganda though.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
When Dick Cheney's country called on him to fight for freedom and democracy in a foreign land he ran away, five times.

Why get angry at kids who have the same feelings that Cheney did, five times?

If it's wrong to turn away when your country asks for help to keep liberty on the march when one person does it, it should be wrong for everyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Good thing there's no draft today. Still voluntary enlistment.

Lesson of the day: look before you leap, it might be a cliff.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
forestlady your information is simply erroneous. The main stream media would have you believe admission standards have been lowered when, in fact, they have been raised. I will concede that more waivers have been granted recently, but certainly not to the extent you seem to believe. Google up military admission standards and check the situation out for yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
curme this thread isn't about Dick Cheney, it's about military deserters today as reported by that damn propoganda TV network Al Jazeera.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
paranoia runs deep i guess.

it was simply a wrong number. there is nothing strange in anything you've posted. a medic was trying to reach an officer to verify his appointment.

....yeah, that sounds real intimidating. i'd be very scared if i was you.

Removed quote that contain personal information

[edit on 4-3-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
IMO, i would rather have a 40 year old half blind guy defending us, than a weenie...

If they run, let them run... they would do us no good on the battle field anyway... you have to know you can depend on your team...

I am glad to see numbers dropping, and i can understand the various reasons someone would desert, but dont condone it...

but the sad truth is, if they wont fight, then why bother sending them?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join