It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic Nose Cone!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He earned his Commercial Pilots License, but had it revoked when he failed to show up for a physical 6 months later. As you said, the hardest part of flying a plane is take off and landing. Once you're in the air is pretty easy to fly a plane.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
He earned his Commercial Pilots License, but had it revoked when he failed to show up for a physical 6 months later. As you said, the hardest part of flying a plane is take off and landing. Once you're in the air is pretty easy to fly a plane.

Hanjour did do a landing (according to the official story). You guys make it seem like he was over the Pentagon and pushed the throttle forward to take it into a nose dive on top of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Crashing a plane into a building is *NOT* a landing.
It's slamming into an immovable object at high speed. A landing is when you put the wheels down, and you touch down on an actual runway.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
From my aviation experience, the final high g 270 into the pentagon borders on impossible. The occupants of the plane would be experiencing about 8g if the aircraft took the path claimed. IF the wings didn't fail AND the aircraft didn't go into an accellerated stall AND the pilot didn't black out, pulling an 8g 270degree descending turn in a 757 would be a challenge to even some of the most highly skilled pilots.

Another E ring story i heard was that the hole was punched by the first response rescue team to gain entry.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

but is this pic the actual picture of the damage done to the Pentagon?

Maybe, It appears that the collapsed section has already been removed and the interior has been cleaned up. I don't know how far along they were in the clean up. I don't imaging they would have started tearing out columns that were still load bearing, yet.

I'm guesstimating 10 or more columns in that photo. Which is similar to the number of columns that would probably be seen from the exit hole if you imagined the graphic killtown used at the beginning in 3d. The columns that aren't seen in the photo are probabbly the ones that were impacted/ missing/broken etc as marked in red on that graphic. Those red columns were probably removed if there was anything left of them, since they would have had to shore those areas up.

In my judgement, that is probably an accurate photo of what would have been left of any major obstructions that were in the path of the plane.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Crashing a plane into a building is *NOT* a landing.
It's slamming into an immovable object at high speed. A landing is when you put the wheels down, and you touch down on an actual runway.

He manuvered the 757 the same way you'd have to to do a normal landing. You do know it crash through the 1st floor, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So? *I* can manuver a plane to land, and I'm not even a licensed pilot. that doesn't mean that I could make a good landing if that's what I was trying to do. It's still flying. Flying is still a lot easier than landing, or taking off.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

He manuvered the 757 the same way you'd have to to do a normal landing. You do know it crash through the 1st floor, right?

Anyways, since everything else that is being dragged into this thread (remember this threads TOPIC is- Magic Nose Cone) ,has been discussed to death in other threads, I'm gonna step out until we get back on the nose cone theory. If we want to rehash everything else there are threads existing for that.

[edit on 31/3/06 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
First off this thread implies that there was a plane.

There was no plane. A plane did not hit this building.

Everyone in America who really cares is starting to see this.

Second, what is everyone going to do with this information?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Take-off and landing is not the hardest, it's the most dangerous.

Landing with ILS is usually a breeze as far as I heard, and most jetliners have it don't they?

I do agree, the manauvering that the that plane pulled off is not something some poorly trained terrorist would be able pull off, I know how hard it is to fly and land a smaller plane, but a big plane like that would be very hard to manauver...these planes are not build for that kind of stuff.

I saw it was a A-3 with some globalhawk technology build in...probably had some Mavericks that fired right before impact.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I know how hard it is to fly and land a smaller plane

Sorry YOU found it to be hard, personally I found it rather easy, flew for almost an hour without lessons (granted there was someone there to take over if we got in trouble, the only real instructions I had were, turn here we are about to enter restricted airspace) even lined it up for landing, no problems.
Did chicken out for the landing though, wasn't ready to go that far.
I guess those hours playing flight simulator almost 20 years ago paid off.

I suppose like with many things, difficulty is determined by the person performing the action.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Killtown, whatever it was (nose/gear) that penetrated the final wall would have to, as you point out, weave in and out of columns to reach that wall.
Some people are saying the columns deflected the nosegear, to them i say that is not possible.

If a column has deflected something, whatever was deflected did not have enough force to destroy that column. But further on in it's path it somehow gains force and destroys column K1, it is then deflected by another series of columns before gathering force and punching through the final wall.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Killtown, whatever it was (nose/gear) that penetrated the final wall would have to, as you point out, weave in and out of columns to reach that wall.
Some people are saying the columns deflected the nosegear, to them i say that is not possible.

If it were as you say impossible for the nose gear to reach the wall...Would thatnot also make it impossible for an object, such as a missile or bomb, from causing the damage. If the columns are in the way for one theory then they would be in the way for others. I'm not aware af missiles or bombs that would be able to weave the fantastic course Killtown shows.
Did said missile or bomb bounce of a column or something?

Is there a shaped charge that can direct its energy around objects like that?

BTW I love how you "truth movement" apologists like to toss around the term impossible. Seems to be another one of their defining characteristics, along with the ability to believe and propagate outright lies without batting an eyelash, the ability to take quotes out of context, and the ability to filter out evidence that disagrees with their preformed opinion.

[edit on 1/4/06 by Skibum]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Skibum No, missiles are propelled, bombs are planted/placed or dropped.

So no to missile or nosegear, big YES to a placed BOMB!

[edit on 1-4-2006 by The Links]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Anybody in the least suspicious about why all the debris has been conveniently left in view?

I was, so i looked closer and what did i see.

1 Fractured Concrete Slab is not consistant with something punching a hole through a wall, not imho.
www.defenselink.mil...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Anybody in the least suspicious about why all the debris has been conveniently left in view?

Not really, it make sense to make pile of debris while you are looking for body parts or plane parts.
The photo you show was taken 9 days after the attack, the debris is clearly different from the earlier photos. My guess is as they were sorting ,those piles are where they put things like filing cabinets and metal studs(found in abundance in the piles).

I don't really see much significance with the crack you show. Could be many things. Explosives, sure I guess so,though it would way down on my list of possible causes.

[edit on 1/4/06 by Skibum]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Take-off and landing is not the hardest, it's the most dangerous.

Landing with ILS is usually a breeze as far as I heard, and most jetliners have it don't they?

I do agree, the manauvering that the that plane pulled off is not something some poorly trained terrorist would be able pull off, I know how hard it is to fly and land a smaller plane, but a big plane like that would be very hard to manauver...these planes are not build for that kind of stuff.

I saw it was a A-3 with some globalhawk technology build in...probably had some Mavericks that fired right before impact.

An A-3? I worked on those in the Navy. They were built in the 50's and were being phased out in the 90's. Just my 2 cents..Interesting thread. Nosecone. They are made out of fiberglass. Impossible. Hole is unnaturally round. Shaped charge?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Hole is unnaturally round.

Not if you consider how the wall was built. Masonry wall plus metal lathe and plaster on the inside equals energy dissipation similar to a bullet proof vest- Circular.

Also take into account the pipes on the left and right side of the hole(probably electrical conduit,as best as I can tell),would have also created a "control joint" type effect which would minimize damage beyond the points where the pipes were embedded in the wall. Note how the sides of the hole are somewhat straight where the pipes used to be before the impact.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hmm. Maybe. Kinda sloppy cleanup for a military installation. Note shiny floor. No indication of scratches or burns. Smoke only goes up, suggesting whatever made hole only sent smoke upwards. Could be compression hole from blast wave, but doesn't appear to be weak point.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Shiny floor? I see it, looks like water.
No scratches etc? Kinda hard to tell considering its somewhat dark in the photo.
Smoke goes up? Yes it generally does go up, heat rises you know. Try looking at some fire scene photos you will probably see some similarities.

<< 1    3 >>

join