It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic Nose Cone!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
external image
img345.imageshack.us...
[Mod edit - please click the link for the full size image.]

- DoD News Briefing on Pentagon Renovation

Saturday, September 15, 2001
Presenter: Mr. Lee Evey, Pentagon Renovation Manager

Q: "That seems to indicate that it came to rest in ring C, the nose cone."

Evey: "The plane actually penetrated through the ... E ring, D ring, C ring.

The nose of the plane just barely broke through the inside of the C ring, so it was extending into A-E Drive a little bit. So that's the extent of penetration of the aircraft."

Original graph source: Pentagon Building Performance Report (PDF)

[edit on 31/3/2006 by Umbrax]

[edit on 1/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My guess would be that he misspoke, a part of the plane made it through, not necessarily the nose. 4 days after the incident, they probably hadn't figured out exactly what pieces had hit where yet. The investication was just starting. The man answering the questions was the renovation manager anyway, so he was probably the wrong person to be answering questions about plane parts since he was basically a glorified construction superintendant, he probably answered them to the best of his ability though.

Also remember objects could have bounced off of columns, altering what would have been a straight path

I do find this to be interesting.

On its way in, the wing clipped. Our guess is an engine clipped a generator. We had an emergency temporary generator to provide life-safety emergency electrical power, should the power go off in the building. The wing actually clipped that generator, and portions of it broke off. There are other parts of the plane that are scattered about outside the building. None of those parts are very large, however. You don't see big pieces of the airplane sitting there extending up into the air. But there are many small pieces. And the few larger pieces there look like they are veins out of the aircraft engine. They're circular.

[edit on 31/3/06 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Another interesting quote...

These white panels that you see here, okay, that's a Kevlar cloth, the same stuff we make bullet-proof vests out of. We interspersed the Kevlar in between the steel beams in the windows to catch any fragmentation that would result from a blast event.

About as definitive an answer your going to find to one of the recent "what is this" threads.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
My guess would be that he misspoke, a part of the plane made it through, not necessarily the nose. 4 days after the incident, they probably hadn't figured out exactly what pieces had hit where yet. The investication was just starting. The man answering the questions was the renovation manager anyway, so he was probably the wrong person to be answering questions about plane parts since he was basically a glorified construction superintendant, he probably answered them to the best of his ability though.

I do find this to be interesting.

On its way in, the wing clipped. Our guess is an engine clipped a generator. We had an emergency temporary generator to provide life-safety emergency electrical power, should the power go off in the building. The wing actually clipped that generator, and portions of it broke off. There are other parts of the plane that are scattered about outside the building. None of those parts are very large, however. You don't see big pieces of the airplane sitting there extending up into the air. But there are many small pieces. And the few larger pieces there look like they are veins out of the aircraft engine. They're circular.

4 days and they couldn't tell if it was the nose cone or not??? Hardly. More like the official story had to change when 9/11 researchers were proving it to be bogus.

About the engine hitting the generator, see here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I believe that they were still fighting roof fires for a couple of days afterward.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I believe that they were still fighting roof fires for a couple of days afterward.

So? They were also examining the exit hole immediately after the crash...

EXIT HOLE CHRONOLOGY

www.pentagonresearch.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

4 days and they couldn't tell if it was the nose cone or not

Imagine a nose cone hitting a wall at 400 miles per hour, do you think it will be recognizable as a nose cone? It was probably difficult to tell what was what, especially to a glorified construction superintendant.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Heres a pic to look at...

Notice to the left of the columns that remain in the center of the photo.

Clear shot to daylight. I imagine something could have managed to squeeze by there.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

4 days and they couldn't tell if it was the nose cone or not

Imagine a nose cone hitting a wall at 400 miles per hour, do you think it will be recognizable as a nose cone? It was probably difficult to tell what was what, especially to a glorified construction superintendant.

Seems like their story was it was the nose cone right away...

"That afternoon, Captain Defina and airport Battalion Chief Walter Hood, as well as other jurisdictions' battalion chiefs, led crews inside with attack lines to fight fires on every floor of the "D" and "E" rings. The aircraft had penetrated all the way to the "C" ring.
"The only way you could tell that an aircraft was inside was that www.nfpa.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">we saw pieces of the nose gear. The devastation was horrific." -NFPA Journal (11/01/01)

And if the nose didn't cause that big nice round hole the shape of a B757's nose cone, then what did?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Clear shot to daylight. I imagine something could have managed to squeeze by there.

Did the big plane "squeeze" itself through that little entryway of light to create the big round exit hole?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Note it says nose GEAR, (you know, a piece of the nose landing gear? pretty heavy piece of metal. ) Not nose cone.

And if the nose didn't cause that big nice round hole the shape of a B757's nose cone, then what did?

Possibly the nose GEAR. Its a masonry wall with plaster and metal plaster lathe on the interior. When a heavy object moving pretty fast hits the interior or the wall the energy is dissapated like in a bullet proof vest. The impact energy spreads out, breaking the motar bonds between the bricks. Once those bricks are not supported anymore they have a tendency to fall to the ground . Causing the hole to be larger than the object that struck it.

Did the big plane "squeeze" itself through that little entryway of light to create the big round exit hole?

No, because obviously it was broken into thousands of PIECES during impact. So a relatively small heavy piece like the nose GEAR could have caused that hole.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So a relatively small heavy piece like the nose GEAR could have caused that hole.

So that nose GEAR zig-zigged around those columns to make that nice big round hole?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So that nose GEAR zig-zigged around those columns to make that nice big round hole?

2 possibilities.

1. it went through that fairly large opening to daylight to the left of the columns in the photo I posted.

or

2. it probably didn't follow the insanely overdramatic course that the creator of the graphic you showed. Common tactic of the "truth movement", overexagerate something to make people overlook obvious solutions. It could have (the nose gear or other object created the hole) traveled an ever so slightly different course and been redirected off one column (it could even have been several columns) then through the wall.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Real quick before we continue, I take it you think a 757 crash there, was it Flight 77 and if so, who flew it?

[Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary full quote of preceding post. There is no need to quote the message above yours when responding. Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. - Jak]

[edit on 1/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

THAT is what most likely went through the wall, and what they said they saw in the inner ring. That will quite easily punch through the non-reinforced wall of the inner ring. The brakes on a 707 weigh 350-400 pounds, that's not taking into account the weight of the strut, wheel, or truck that they're attached to.

As was said, it could have skipped off pillars inside, or it could have taken a different path to get where it went through the wall.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Real quick before we continue, I take it you think a 757 crash there, was it Flight 77 and if so, who flew it?

Yes.
Most likely.
Don't know exactly since anyone who saw who actually flew the plane is dead( probably Hani Hanjour , though I am of the opinion that it doesn't take an enormous amout of skill to pilot the plane once it was in the air so it could have possibly been any of the people who hijacked the plane).

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yes.
Most likely.
Don't know exactly since anyone who saw who actually flew the plane is dead( probably Hani Hanjour , though I am of the opinion that it doesn't take an enormous amout of skill to pilot the plane once it was in the air so it could have possibly been any of the people who hijacked the plane).

The same Hanjour the supposedly flew this 115 ton plane and made experienced ground controllers think it was an agile jetfighter and who was declined to rent a Cessna the month before because the flight school said he had trouble "controlling" the plane?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Call me slow, but is this pic the actual picture of the damage done to the Pentagon? Really, I've kinda stayed away from the Pentagon thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That is a picture of the Inner Ring of the Pentagon, where the nose gear came out through the back wall. Non-reinforced cement wall, with a road beside it.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The same Hanjour the supposedly flew this 115 ton plane and made experienced ground controllers think it was an agile jetfighter and who was declined to rent a Cessna the month before because the flight school said he had trouble "controlling" the plane?

As I said, probably.

Followed by "I am of the opinion that it doesn't take an enormous amout of skill to pilot the plane once it was in the air."

I can see the controllers confusion. It flew in a way they weren't use to seeing 757 flown, it was not doing barrel rolls and loop de loops, it made a tight turn and descended in a way that the controllers are use to seeing in planes such as fighterjets etc, much faster than they were used to seeing.

Doesn't make the move impossible.

IIRC he obtained a pilots licence did he not?
Gotta have a little skill to get one, I imagine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join