It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara Bush Directed Katrina Donation to Son’s Company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here is the thing, is she also an investor in this same company? I applaud her for giving money and someone could excuse her for wanting to help her son's company and also promote a product she says she believes in. She is making a donation of her own money but this things just sounds a little distasteful but add to that, reports that she also is an investor in her son's company, the same one she is designating the donation money to and it gets even more distasteful.

Currently I am trying to find a list of the SEC investors in this company, I have found several websites with the list but I can't find one that has a link to the original document so that makes me a bit suspicous. This one has the newspapers listed they found the info in but no links. Here is a website that has the list, I would post the list but its too long.

Anyway I have searched and searched for a more confirmed list but can't find it so I am asking you guys help in proving or disproving this story. If anyone here can find a confirmed list, or more info, please post.

Also mods I hope this has not been posted here already I did do a search using the name of the former first lady and also two more searches using different titles that included the donation but I could not find anything. But even if it has been posted this thread is more about the possible deceit of giving the money to a company she herself is an investor in and not revealing that.

www.tpmmuckraker.com...

www.talkingpointsmemo.com...
Talking Points Memo

(March 24, 2006 -- 03:37 PM EDT)
Back on the question of how Barbara Bush donated money for Katrina aid and 'earmarked' part of it for the purchase of educational software produced by Ignite!, the company her son, Neil Bush, to bag money from international potentates, tycoons and crooks. Taxprof's got a post on a subject I've been curious about. George and Barbara Bush -- like a lot of other folks investment for non-economic reasons -- are actually investors in Ignite!

So how is it exactly you get away with making a tax subsidized contribution that you stipulate must be used to purchase products from a company in which you are a partial owner?

Isn't that a scam of some sort?
-- Josh Marshall

www.democracynow.org.../03/27/1449248
Barbara Bush Directed Katrina Donation to Son’s Company
Meanwhile it has been revealed that when First Lady Barbara Bush donated money for Hurricane Katrina evacuees in Houston, her donation came with specific instructions: part of it had to be spent on buying educational software from her son Neil Bush's company, Ignite Learning. Former President Bush's chief of staff Jean Becker defended the donation saying "Mrs. Bush wanted to do something specifically for education and specifically for the thousands of students flooding into the Houston schools.”

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
All that and its tax deductible…

Talk about a win, win situation, eh….

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Actually it would be interesting to know if she took a tax deduction for it and how legal that would be.

new topics

join