It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants:What can we do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Deport every freaking one of them - and do it NOW! They are here ILLEGALLY, meaning against the law. Round them up, throw them in those concentration camps I keep hearing about that FEMA supposedly has and then deport each and every one of them AFTER finger printing and photographing each of them. If they return illegally, there should be no second chance, they will be thrown in jail! If I am expected to obey the law then you can damned well believe that I expect these illegals to obey the freaking law. Oh, and by the way, if you insist on living here - LEARN THE FREAKING LANGUAGE AND CUSTOMS AND FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, you are my new hero. I couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Deport every freaking one of them - and do it NOW! They are here ILLEGALLY, meaning against the law. Round them up, throw them in those concentration camps I keep hearing about that FEMA supposedly has and then deport each and every one of them AFTER finger printing and photographing each of them. If they return illegally, there should be no second chance, they will be thrown in jail! If I am expected to obey the law then you can damned well believe that I expect these illegals to obey the freaking law. Oh, and by the way, if you insist on living here - LEARN THE FREAKING LANGUAGE AND CUSTOMS AND FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that is why they built them??
I agree that if a country gives you a life then you owe your allegiance to them and you even to a degree owe your life to that country. Since these people cannot be trusted due to their divided loyalties then out they go.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Actually Marge the way to take care of illegal immigration is by first placing the National Guard on the border, second by fining and imprisoning any corporation/person that hires an illegal immigrant, third we have to round up and deport all the illegal immigrants we can find, and fourth we pass new ID’s and documents.

Ever wonder why in all the 100 years that illegal immigrants has been crossing the borders this has never been taking into consideration and even into law?

Why laws has never been enforced?

Why now is a big fuss about it because is enough American citizens concerned?

Wonder why the politicians are acting like clowns in a circus?

Look at the compromised yesterday, work permits but anything about the borders?

Guess what they all need to be fired.

They will make a bigger mess of what is already a big mess but many will be happy because they supposedly are doing something.

Amnesty is what is been given that is going to bring more illegals across the border and the wages that they will receive will still be under the minimum and that is what the businesses that hired them wants.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Marge you are right about the politics of this, many, not all, of the politicians have their hands in so many corporate pies its hard of them to sneeze without upsetting one of their clients. You know how I feel about the president’s and congress’ stance on illegal immigration.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Marge you are right about the politics of this, many, not all, of the politicians have their hands in so many corporate pies its hard of them to sneeze without upsetting one of their clients.

You do know how glad I am to be in agreement with you on something and I am more happy that is politics after all.

Yes I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You do know how glad I am to be in agreement with you on something and I am more happy that is politics after all.

Yeah I know, it doesn't happen very often, however in this case it’s the US who is suffering so I could care less about political parties I just want answers and solutions.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yeah I know, it doesn't happen very often, however in this case it’s the US who is suffering so I could care less about political parties I just want answers and solutions.

Tell me about it, I agree that solutions are needed, but none will come if the borders are not close or a wall is erected.

Then control will be more easier to achieve and thin out the hard working immigrants from the ones that are just going for a ride on the tax payer in this country.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Want to fix the illegal immigration problem?

I tell you how . . . .

Force corporate American to pay minimum wages for the jobs they give to these illegals so Americans will be able to get the jobs like that illegals will not come to American for jobs because an American will have it all ready.

Force our government to get off the Corporate butt and start raising the minimum wage in our nation that has been where is at for the last 9 years.

Force our government to stop allowing and supporting cheap labor and slavery of the poor that comes across the borders.

Sorry - I had to edit out some very good stuff. If anyone wants to see it, it's one page back.

Really, who's worse?

1. Immigrants who work for starvation pay to try and feed their families?

2. Corporations who pay slave wages, and won't give honest pay for an honest day's work?

3. Politicians who help the greedy corporations get away with murder - and give them tax benefits too?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sofi if you want to hear more about what is really happening in our country with illegal immigration tune to lou dobbs, he is the one that has been exposing corporate American in the issue of assault of middle class American, out sourcing the middle class jobs and now the immigration issue.

He is outstanding, he was going today to Mexico to learn about their side of the whole issue.

He strongly dissagree with the amnesty.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

The illegal aliens find work here in the United States because cheap labor is desired by America. In today's global economy, the average wage earned in some foreign countries is a mere fraction of what the U.S. minimum wage is. To remain competitive--these U.S. companies, public and private--need to have employees willing to work for less money.

There is also an incredible fear (whether real or imagined) that the illegal aliens are sending all of the money back to Mexico. If you want to have illegal Mexican aliens work in this country--find some way to prevent the money from leaving the country. Guest workers should be given some form of payment--maybe call it "A-Bills"--that while they are guest workers they cannot send the money to Mexico, and must spend the money here.

Drawing up a wall between Mexico and the United States will only last so long as the Mexican Army will tolerate it. Remember...China is training the Mexican Army. Mexico is carrying a pretty big stick when it comes to international diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well it seems that the Mexican president wants US to give amnesty to all the illegal immigrants that will go across the border and also they are asking Canada to take them too!!!!!!!

So now this is becoming a nation that wants to wash their hands off its people and give them away to other countries.

Funny but that is exactly what is going on.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
About rounding up illegals: Take the example of this one Oregon county, who sent President Fox a bill for keeping his people in their jails!

Ship illegals to the border and bill the Mexican government!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
people need to stop running away from there own country because another country offers something better.. they need to stay in their own country and help their poeple fix the problems in their country.. now fare enough if the leader is running around killing thousands of people, yeah, get the hell out of there.. but the mexican government is not killing thousands of people, why are these people not staging mass protests in Mexico City demanding better conditions? i know why, cause it's easier to jump the border..

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The mexicans need to stay put in their own country and overthrow that worthless pos fox and his cadre of banditos that rob from their poor and then convince them to head north and become someone elses problem. I heard an interesting comment on the radio today that said that mexicans are sending so many billions of dollars to their country that it is literally revitalizing towns and provinces and that they are slowly buying back their own country with tax free money made here in the USA.

Marge is 100% right on with regards to the root of the problem being our own government. Lets face it, 99.9% of all our elected officials are upper middle class or upper class citizens who are at least well to do or very wealthy. They dont have to see the daily problems from illegal immigration that the rest of us "serfs" do. Their kids go to the best schools which im sure are mostly white and asian. Their hands are so deep in special interest pockets that they dont know where the hand starts and the pocket ends. Big business loves these illegals. They are dirt cheap labor and best of all NO BENEFITS. Benefits are the kicker for most corporations and they are really what costs them the biggest chunk of change. They will just toss some lame bill out there that wont begin to solve the problem and the apathetic US citizenry will return to its american idol and dancing with the stars.

I honestly believe that we have some fine people in the house of reps. Honest average type people that really want to help americans and deal with these issues. The senate on the other hand is filled with NOTHING but worthless sacks of horse manure who are sadly in need of term limits at best and an immediate firing and/or jailing at worst. I honestly cant think of one honest senator that doesnt have his/her hand in somones pie. Even Mccain who i used to respect more than anyone has lost his marbles these days.

Gotta hand it to the latinos. They are out there en masse demonstrating for what they want and believe. I dont see any of us out there doing anything to make ourselves heard. The squeeky wheel gets the oil...

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Honestly, it is trully getting ridiculous.

How can people even say this is an immigrant issue and how can ppl even ARGUE that this is anti-immigration? Hell, what givse those illegals the right to stay in this country while hundreds of thousands of people around the world are waiting for years, even DECADES, for a chance to come to the U.S

Honestly, WHAT GIVES THEM the right to come here and DEMAND amnesty while hundreds of thousands around the world wait for years for a chance of coming here! Not to mention it IS DEFINATELY a security hazard for this nation to have our borders so easily crossed.

Do ppl know why President Fox DEMANDS the borders to be open? It is because Mexicans in America are sending back 16 BILLION dollars a year back to Mexico, which is MEXICO's LARGEST FOREIGN INCOME.

For God's sake illegal immigrants outnumber legal immigrants now. It is ridiculous when newspapers try to pull the "racism" card and somehow fail to put the words illegal when they use the argument "anti-immigrants."

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
The illegal aliens find work here in the United States because cheap labor is desired by America. In today's global economy, the average wage earned in some foreign countries is a mere fraction of what the U.S. minimum wage is. To remain competitive--these U.S. companies, public and private--need to have employees willing to work for less money.

Then stop paying the Vice Presidents, CEO's COO's CFO's and other Board Members millions of dollars a year for doing nothing. Replace them with low wage monkeys and watch the stock prices climb!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
give them 1 month to go home, then start shooting them.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
just shoot them? mwah thats extreme !

Historically, with respect to western expansion...were the generations before us...our forefathers illegal immigrants at some stage? I guess in the name of western expansion, dispossessing Indigenous people of their lands is different? I wonder if the Indigenous people asked themselves the same question? What are we gonna do about all of these illegal immigrants that want to live and claim ownership of our land? Same thing but different era....oh and we have developed into a humane society now and feudalism is all but forgotten.

Well, my attitude is that we have no absolute guarantee of the future...its perhaps a long shot and God forbid but maybe, one day I will need to seek sanctuary in another country because my own is now controlled by a despot and the peaceful way of life I had was replaced with war and famine. No guarantee that I will be granted assylum but I would hate to spend my life in a detention centre for an indeterminate period of time and treated like a criminal. So I treat others how I would like to be treated...no guarantee with that one either.

And I guess that if an emancipated family knocked at my door and were cold and hungry I couldnt turn them away or shoot them. I would help them. The western countries have poverty sure, but nothing like some of the countries these people are trying to flee. In all honesty, could you turn out into the cold a family with small children from Iraq? The quality of life before western intervention was harsh but can you imagine how horrific the new civil war is for those innocent families?

There is of course the immigrants who have criminal intent...but our immigration policy takes that into consideration and deals with it harshly, and not always in accordance with the standards of International law. I realise that there is a difference, we have illegal immigrants or legitimate refugees. Who decides really what category they are to fit? And what is the threshold?

on another note..the whole ownership things bugs me...I went fishing the other night with Son and everywhere we went by the river was either zoned off as council owned land with a Keep Out sign or private property... farout!! I was cursing Lockes theory of land ownership and the contemporary reality...there is no freedom to wander anymore...who owns the fish???

Its all gone a bit too far imo...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigspud
give them 1 month to go home, then start shooting them.

I don't hope you really mean this!!!

Also, I am pretty sure that American law does not allow law enforcement to shoot people who are not an eminent danger to them or to others.

This being said, the notion is not possible, even if you really were suggesting that the U.S. shoot illegal immigrants.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
start shooting them? i think thats racist and you ought to be careful about saying things like that

have you noticed that this is america not europe? every day i see white europeans theyre everywhere and yet this is not europe this is america, the white europeans are illegal you dont belong here and you were never wanted and will never be wanted in america, white europeans are the dumbest race on the planet, everything you touch you destroy you are a curse and the reason why is because you are not gods children you are the devils children youre evil

now to my point enforcing the laws is the best thing to do both against illegal immigrants and illegal employers and thats just a start

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join