It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
HI, I was wondering if some people could give me a little clarity on an experience I went through about 2 days ago. I went to see a friend of mine who has abilities of the psychic,clairvoyant nature and had a reading done. It seemed as though many of the things he said were somewhat general. And I found that many of the things he stated such as my past lives really didn't mean a whole lot to me because he could have told me anything. Where my question comes into play is how much should I believe him becuase the weird part came with stuff like the fact that he would be quite wrong about some things like he said I wanted to open my own business when I really have no desire to do that at all I want to be a police officer. Yet he would be bang on with some things like about my grandfather and about my uncle who recently had a heart attack which he had no way of knowing. Then again some things I found I had to give him then again he'd pull something out of thin air like about my grandpa's hands or my great grandmothers sister. Things that were so true and almost secret to me.

Secondly if someone could clarify a discrepancy in readings in that some people came down in tears after the reading because it was so true and bang on and others felt like they gave him everything he said. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for these things or is he saying things I don't even know? or is he wrong? or is it somewhat right? I just need some answers on how to take these things.

Bryan

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Its so hard, And really im not sure you will ever know 100%,

Some time we as humans need to hear something, Like we almost become a target group when we go to these places, WE may have lost a loved one, and all we want to hear is that they are ok up there, and they live on, From what i think,,,

I Do believe that some really have the skill, I have a family member who does, so i have had proof beyond imagination that some have this skill,

But there's a whole lot of fakes out there, TO them its like a trade and like any good trade you have to know what you are doing,

I say if you ever go to a reading say nothing,

But as for your reading, just take it as a kinda guide, don't believe it fully but don't blow it off either,

Just take it with a pinch of salt, Time will tell if what was said is real or not,

This is fully my own opinion though and im sure others have ideas

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You might want to do a search on "Cold Reading". It's what a lot of psychics (or at least the fake ones) use. They start off with something really vague and then build off of that based on your reactions, or just being perceptive to things like if they have a ring on your finger, etc.

I've never had the honour of having a friend who was truely psychic. I would just hope/assume that if you asked them if they were really psychic, or if they were just making it up, they would tell you the truth though.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
How do you know if some one "really" has Talent?

It ain't easy...Even (Especially!) for the one with the Talent.

I've known a number of people who claimed to have "abilities"; most had nothing more than "skills" (see Cold Readings, as above) which they , perhaps in all earnestness, developed through hours of reading and practice.

Such practioners are easy to identify once you learn how to avoid giving them the "tells" which they require to hone their "insights". If you are of a malicious bent, it is often quite easy to mis-lead/mis-direct such "readers" onto truely fantastical narratives.

But ask yourself: What would You gain from doing so?

Besides, it is not as if Everyone is trying to rip you off. Like the violin, some things can be learned, to some degree. Some people have an almost preternatural "gift" for the instrument. Some people, though they aspire to play like Perlman, should just stick to the kazoo!

As for accuracy, Ouch! How to put this without sounding apologetic/defensive?

Obviously, the more accurate information you get, assuming that you have revealed very little, the more likely the person giving you the reading is really able to "tune in", ie. truely "phsychic". That is not to say that you should just sit there like a stone; just be aware of what you say and what you learn as a result. You've already learned that lesson, right?

On the other hand, even the best phsychics can be mis-cued by extraneous inputs. Crawling around inside some one elses' mind can be confusing enough; try it while connected to past, present, future(s) and family/friends! And how do you accurately discern desire from mere passing whim or a snippet of random thought?

(Could the reader's mis-cue about your desire to start your own business have been the result of his/her picking up a stray thought of yours about how he/she is self-employed?)

Accuracy improves greatly with experience, especially if the student has real talent. Practice can help perfect.

Unfortunately, other than side-shows, there is not much opportunity for seers anymore; sorcerers' apprentice positions have gone the way of the buggy whip.

Ah well, I've still got my day job!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey,

Thanks for the replies I was hoping to get someone with psychic abilities to post here on how to take what they've said I've found that it's his interpretation and now it's my job to interpret what he's told me I'm sure working on that wave length no matter how in tune someone is has to be quite confusing. Being a skeptic having him almost make me cry at one point and then not believe him at another was like the highs and lows of emotion. We'll see how things turn out.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When it comes to reading others everyone has the ability.It just depends on how indepth you can go.While we are all different we all have similar aspects of memory storage and feelings.

There are many different types of reading.Some go on sense of a persons aura,as Yarcofin said some go on sheer reaction.

As we go deeper into this.Some people will find themselves able to delve within the memories of others alot of which has to do with channelling.

Look at as if we have a recent energy or memory chart that floats around with us,while most peoples minds will only proccess their thoughts and feelings,just as many can feel what others feel such as walking into a room
where someone is mad and there is tension,in most clairvoyants this ability to sense things in others is stronger.

Now as I keep saying there is no real set way for these things to work.
Also people are really easy to figure out.While some instances are different if you study people alot both physical and energy,everyone can basically
read within minuits of their personal behavior.Now many people need a sort of unexplainable force or power to explain this psychic ability.While it is perhaps just an evolved way of communication It is said that anyone can strengthen their abilities. Some gat little blips of image and thought of another when they are reading these people.

This is a very small area of description for this area with other reasons ranging from,A person being told these things by spirits or angels and demons all the way to we are all part of an eternal entity and we have the ability to know all of everyones experiences.

Hope this helps somehow.
Scarecrow.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In regards as to how we are supposed to take information given from others on our lives this is hard.Most of the time we are to close to the pictures to see what others can.In just the same many say it takes others thoughts of who we are to understand ourselves it is hard to understand
ourselves when all our own little quirks get in the way.

The strangest and most important readings i have had were the ones ive recieved by those I dont know,more so those recieved by those I've met only once or a few times. Such as running down the street and someone saying take it easy you'll make it.I was just running to the store,but perhaps later I will be in a perilous trial and the words ringing through my head is that of the stranger bellowing out from across the street "You'll make it".Ill think what did he mean.While it probably wasnt meant for this instance the energy behind those words will make me stronger.So in this sense how much we think about a certain reading will effect its purpose,for we have our own opinions as to what they mean also as you have said we have an opinion on the ability of others.When it comes to these things the
less a person focuses on the process and the more they focus on the flow and feel of these things the better,then again the exact opposite can slao be said.

Scarecrow
I think im just rambling now...lol

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes it's all true ,but he forgot to tell you, you will be attacked by a grizzly bear while on a summer fishing trip in calgary. The bear will rip off both of your arms,then you wont be able to be a police officer because of your dissability,hence you will open a store that sells gadgets for armless people.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
See thats exactly it.While many are able to get insight to your life line(perhaps that is).There is no determined point at which these things will come about,as my neighbour here has stated,Somethinfg could happen that will change your life thread to this perhaps even in this little reading the seed has been planted.

We look too much at our lives at any given moment,well some of us(like me lol).When he said that thing about the store you took it in as right now.In my own life of 24 years I have been many different versions of myself,sometimes wearing masks to survive for so long that they perhaps are no longer masks.I have had many notions of this and that which can change with time.

Scarecrow.,

new topics

top topics

join