It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayton/Cincinnati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok from a friend who has lived in Cinci his whole life and somewhat of a local historian:

In the 40's there was a canal that connected Dayton to the Ohio River. The Canal was "filled in" but parts of it left open and Rt 75 was built over top of it. WPAFB is located in dayton and what is now the GE Aircraft plant near Cincinnati was owned and operated by Wright Pat.

There was also a subway project in Cinci that was never completed because of a funding shortage, which is a complete load, but we arent going to get into Surplus funds at the moment.

If you look on Google maps you will see how I75 runs from WPAFB all the way to neumann way then somewhat disapates after than into Cinci.

Im sorry but i believe its entirely possible that there does lie a tunnel under rt 75. what its used for? Who knows probably some sort of transport between the plant and the base.

As far as I am concerned the Cinci/Dayton area has some stuff going on. Im going by hunces on most of this, but it seems the more i look into stuff the more I find.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetfxb
Ok from a friend who has lived in Cinci his whole life and somewhat of a local historian:

In the 40's there was a canal that connected Dayton to the Ohio River. The Canal was "filled in" but parts of it left open and Rt 75 was built over top of it. WPAFB is located in dayton and what is now the GE Aircraft plant near Cincinnati was owned and operated by Wright Pat.

There was also a subway project in Cinci that was never completed because of a funding shortage, which is a complete load, but we arent going to get into Surplus funds at the moment.

If you look on Google maps you will see how I75 runs from WPAFB all the way to neumann way then somewhat disapates after than into Cinci.

Im sorry but i believe its entirely possible that there does lie a tunnel under rt 75. what its used for? Who knows probably some sort of transport between the plant and the base.

As far as I am concerned the Cinci/Dayton area has some stuff going on. Im going by hunces on most of this, but it seems the more i look into stuff the more I find.

Actually I-75 does not run by WPAFB. 675 does. That includes areas a, b, and C.

Wright-Pat itself has numerous tunnels on it. I have seen some, been in others, and they have quite a network there. The ones I were in were for moving from building to building mostly in cold weather. I won't speculate on other uses though.

Recall that WPAFB is also a former SAC base and home to AFRL. Alot goes on there.

Ox

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Actually I-75 doesnt "disapate" at GE aircraft engines.. As far as I know it runs to the southern states.. And I live right by the GE plant.. I think it's kinda cool that they have train tracks running in and out of the plant and yes they do have a military building.. THats about as much as I know

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I-75 runs from Sault Ste. Marie, MI, to just northwest of Miama, FL. It's one of the major interstates in the nation. You can read more about it here: Wikipedia - I-75.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I lived in dayton most of my life until i move to florida. I use to live in centerville the better part of it and the people thought the were hot stuff. becasue they thought the had money. now Cincinnati has some wealthy people. you were wondering were all the millionares work..simple the dont. make money else were besides job. i dont rember any traffic lights cameras there but i do know i have one at ever light were i live. wpafb does have some stuff going on at it but you dont hear much about it. me and my family know so many people that work there
and there have told us some interesting storys about it.

you were also wondering whats up with everthing around there ....probably only the crime rate because dayton is real bad now. delphi was going out of business so i bought a buch of stock in it and it went up like 5x made me some money

If your in mason check out the houston inn it has the best frog legs ever

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I find it interesting to see so many from SW Ohio, Cincy/Dayton area on the boards. That said Hamilton/Montgomery Counties do have a rich history but you kind of missed the surrounding areas.

Buttler Co is home to Oxford, Middletown, Hamilton. Preble Co has Eaton, Camden and Lewisburg. These places have far more interesting histories. Oxford area had a small tool and die shop that in the mid to late 80’s milled DU. Oxford also had the old Nike Base which was a Minuteman Missile silo that was decommissioned by Nixon in 1972 IIRC. Still the base is a No Fly Zone. One other curious thing about Oxford, stop by the university and go on a 4 leaf cover hunt sometime outside of Hughes Lab. If want a challenge, limit yourself to 6 leaf clovers. Of course that was in 2000 while I was dating a girl working on her master’s in Microbiology. Her project was creating antibiotic resistant mutations to E. Coli.

Many people would love to go searching WPAFB for papers…waste of time because all records are kept in a section of the old salt mine in Lewisburg. That salt mine would be a far more interesting data mine than Lexis-Nexus IMHO. For example it is known that Nikola Tesla’s journals were copied at WPAFB before being turned over to the museum in Bosnia. The UAV’s now used by the military pale to the radio controlled boats that Tesla demonstrated to the US Navy post WWI and again Pre-WWII.

Hamilton has a little plaque in a park explaining/commemorating the Hollow Earth Theory. The little airport in Middletown has more uncontrolled air traffic than any other runway in the surrounding states and can handle Lear jets with no problem. Given the proximity to Monsanto in Miamisburg, well chemtrails originate from somewhere, right?

A little more info on Preble Co find Dayton Flexible used to be in Eaton. They made latex gloves mostly. Years ago, they made the little latex Pillsbury Doughboy dolls in the 70’s. Big deal right? They also vented untold amounts of powdered latex into the air as well. Preble Co has the highest incidence of cancer rates per capita than any other county in Ohio. Preble Co is also roughly 70% farmland with corn, soy beans , pork and dairy being main products. As for Camden, it is a sleepy little town that was part of the Underground Railroad that has five underground tunnels that I know about running under the streets from various buildings and former buildings. It also has a massive underground river with a current strong enough to power a water turbine for generating electricity but has not been utilized because the council rejects all attempts at development in the area. I could speculate here on why they do not but that would be speculation. Camden was also an endpoint for a glacier as evidenced by the hilly terrain and high concentration of fossils in the surrounding area.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have noticed quite a few IT job openings in Mason....including for the city itself. I have sent my resume.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Many people would love to go searching WPAFB for papers…waste of time because all records are kept in a section of the old salt mine in Lewisburg. That salt mine would be a far more interesting data mine than Lexis-Nexus IMHO.

I live in Dayton and used to live in Lewisburg. I can tell you two things. One, I had heard the stories of the salt mine being used for storage of WPAFB papers, and two; they are not true.

The entrance to this mine was 1 mile from my house and if you looked at it, you'd know that no one stores anything valuable in there - especially the government. It is true that the climate in the mine is good because of a stable temp and humidity, but lets get it right, the government has their own private facilities for this and does not need to put things in an obscure unsecure mine. Any idiot could go in there and with enough time, steal anything placed there with little recourse from Lewsiburg' one police officer on duty at any given time. Wright Pat did, however, discard a lot of batteries in some adjacent farmland, whether directly or through some devious means, and it cause a lot of controversy back in 1996. I know, because I could not sell my house due to environmental concerns over groundwater contamination. The EPA came in and tested my water (which was fine), but still no buyers. Thanks to the military, I could not find a buyer for my house which eventually went into default!

Perhaps I can sue them for damages. I don't think they would ever return my calls if I tried.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hope by now you got the job:-) Yeah, I believe the 'Nati" is up to soemthing and only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have two relevant admissions to add to this topic, first I was born and raised in Cincinnati and my step dad worked the night shift at G.E. as a security officer in Evendale from the early eighties on up to the early nineties before being relocated to other facilities in Southbend,IN and later Erie,PA he refuses to admit or deny the allegations of underground highways between the plant and any other destination the couple of times now that I have asked him, he just smiles and nicely changes the subject.

And secondly around the time of the infamous "Kehoe" brothers shootout in 97' I got into my first and last trouble of my entire life in Dayton , and found myself spending a guaranteed 30 day unneeded vacation in the Montgomery County jail. Around this time to say Law Enforcement officials and corrections people where on high alert and ready to "Rock n Roll" as one old boy jailer put it would be quite an under statement. During this time while going to and from the Jail and several other destinations such as probation and treatment facilities to the court house "we" the inmates where transported on foot with several armed guards underground along these long two tone grey and very well lighted tunnels that from my estimation spanned the city. being young and curious and awed at the fact that guards where being given directions to turn at intersections of corridors and the like via walkie talkie I decided to ask the guards about these tunnels and none would answer other than the standard shud up booooy and keep it movin' lol kinda makes me wonder!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by catchphraseneeded
I have two relevant admissions to add to this topic, first I was born and raised in Cincinnati and my step dad worked the night shift at G.E. as a security officer in Evendale from the early eighties on up to the early nineties before being relocated to other facilities in Southbend,IN and later Erie,PA he refuses to admit or deny the allegations of underground highways between the plant and any other destination the couple of times now that I have asked him, he just smiles and nicely changes the subject.

And secondly around the time of the infamous "Kehoe" brothers shootout in 97' I got into my first and last trouble of my entire life in Dayton , and found myself spending a guaranteed 30 day unneeded vacation in the Montgomery County jail. Around this time to say Law Enforcement officials and corrections people where on high alert and ready to "Rock n Roll" as one old boy jailer put it would be quite an under statement. During this time while going to and from the Jail and several other destinations such as probation and treatment facilities to the court house "we" the inmates where transported on foot with several armed guards underground along these long two tone grey and very well lighted tunnels that from my estimation spanned the city. being young and curious and awed at the fact that guards where being given directions to turn at intersections of corridors and the like via walkie talkie I decided to ask the guards about these tunnels and none would answer other than the standard shud up booooy and keep it movin' lol kinda makes me wonder!!!!!!

That sounds very suspicious, do you think you could explore this now? Is it guarded? I am very familiar with Cincy I live here but still unsure of exactly where this area of tunnels are.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
LadyPropag8r I have no idea of similar locations if any in Cincy, other than the closed down subway underground[forgottenoh.com has a little info] and the rumor regarding G.E. to WPAFB undergound superhighway.
My "adventure" so to speak was in Dayton, under the various courts buildings.
I would like to know if any one else has been inside or have heard of the Dayton underground tunnels previous to my posting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join