It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

420 Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was surfing the internet and i found something of remote interest....the 420 conspiracy, what is so unlucky about this time, date or number.
for example, these are some of the things that have happened on 4/20:
Columbine High School shooting, one day after that janet reno authorized the FBI storm on carmel mountain. Shootings in southern china city yungtan.
What is so unlucky about this sequence of numbers, and why in one aspect is it bad( like all these tragedies ) and in another aspect good. LIke all the stoners in America 4/20 and 4:20 are sacred times....does anyone else have any thought on this?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When I was first looking for an AOL email address six years ago I tried using my name, Ras Obasi. It was taken!!! Who else in this world is named Ras Obasi?? so I tried to make it fit my birthday, Rasobasi421, also taken!!! The next logical step was to try rasobasi420, and it worked. No one else was named rasobasi420, so I kept it to this day. I find it extremely weird that Rasobasi and Rasobasi421 were taken, but I figured rasobasi420 was cool enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Don't forget the Oklahoma City bombings on April 19, 1995.

Adolph Hitler, born 4/20/1889

Police code for a marijuana infraction - 420, like an armed robbery is a 211 in progress

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wonder if its just a coincidence or is this 420 thing a little deeper than realized, just think how many events have happened on 420 and why it is so readily used, does anyone have anymore insight.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
April 20th

Israeli and PLO negotiators draw up an agreement to transfer civilian government powers to Palestinians in Gaza and Jericho.
In Poland, Lech Walessa is re-elected chairman of the worker's union, Solidarity.
Scientists say the Earth has narrowly missed being struck by a passing asteroid weighing 400 million tons.
Palestinian Liberation Organisation leader, Yasser Arafat calls for a sovereign Palestinian state "with Jerusalem as its capital".
Astronauts aboard Apollo 16 make a safe landing on the Moon.
US President Richard Nixon announces that 150,000 American troops are to be withdrawn from the fighting in Vietnam.
World War II: Soviet troops enter the outskirts of Berlin.
In France, the world's first motor race takes place along the banks of the River Seine from the centre of Paris to Neuilly.
Edgar Allan Poe's book, 'Murders In The Rue Morgue, considered to be the world's first modern detective story, is published in America.
France declares war on Austria.
Captain James Cook discovers New South Wales in Australia.
The Spanish Fleet is destroyed in the Battle at Santa Cruz by an English Fleet commanded by Admiral Blake.
Elizabeth Barton, the Maid of Kent, is executed along with five of her associates after being found guilty of treason.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You can go to Wikipedia and type in any date to get a list of significant events in history.
lets look at it this way:
420/ (the number of signs in the zodiac)=(minimum age to be a president) or
2012 - 420 = 1592

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info...I guess its more than just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
May 13:

Wikipedia
# 1497 - Pope Alexander VI excommunicates Girolamo Savonarola.
# 1568 - Battle of Langside: the forces of Mary Queen of Scots are defeated by a confederacy of Scottish Protestants under James Stewart, Earl of Moray, her half-brother.
# 1619 - Dutch statesman Johan van Oldenbarnevelt is executed in The Hague after having been accused of treason.
# 1779 - War of Bavarian Succession: Russian and French mediators at the Congress of Teschen negotiate an end to the war. In the agreement Austria receives the part of its territory that was taken from them (the Inn District).
# 1787 - Captain Arthur Phillip leaves Portsmouth, England with eleven ships full of convicts (First Fleet) to establish a penal colony in Australia.
# 1830 - Ecuador gains its independence.
# 1846 - Mexican-American War: The United States declares war on Mexico.
# 1848 - First performance of Finland's national anthem.
# 1861 - American Civil War: Queen Victoria of Britain issues a "proclamation of neutrality" which recognizes the breakaway states as having belligerent rights.
# 1861 - Great Comet of 1861 discovered in Australia.
# 1864 - American Civil War: Battle of Resaca – the battle begins with Union General Sherman fighting toward Atlanta.

September 11

Wikipedia
# 1990 - President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait, which Iraq had recently invaded.
# 1992 - Hurricane Iniki, one of the most damaging hurricane in United States history during its time, devastates the State of Hawai'i, especially the islands of Kaua'i and Oahu.
# 1996 - Union Pacific Railroad purchases Southern Pacific Railroad
# 1997 - Scotland votes to re-establish its own Parliament on the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Stirling Bridge, after 290 years of union with England.
# 1998 - Independent counsel Kenneth Starr sends a report to the U.S. Congress accusing President Bill Clinton of 11 possible impeachable offenses.
# 1999 - Tennis: Serena Williams, 2 weeks short of her 18th birthday, wins her first Grand Slam tournament when she became US Open champion, becoming the first African American woman to win a Grand Slam tournament since Althea Gibson in 1958.
# 2000 - Activists protest against the World Economic Forum meeting in Melbourne, Australia. See S11.
# 2001 - The September 11 attacks destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, part of The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and crashed a passenger airliner in Pennsylvania. In total, almost 3,000 are killed.
# 2003 - Swedish foreign minister Anna Lindh dies after being assaulted and fatally wounded on September 10.
# 2004 - Petros VII, the (Greek Orthodox) Patriarch of Alexandria and his company are killed in an unexplained helicopter crash outside Mount Athos, Greece.
# 2005 - The State of Israel officially declares an end to military rule in the Gaza Strip after 38 years of occupation.

So much stuff happened in our history you can attribute good things and bad things to any day or number.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Moderator Edit: Please see this link to our Terms and Conditions and check out section 2e.

Thank you.

[edit on 3-27-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
But seriously there are actualy 421 elements in cannibis, not 420 (just in case you didnt know the correlation to marijuana) so were kinda wrong on that one......o well, *choke*

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Benbo42o]

Moderator Edit: Please check out www.abovetopsecret.com...

Section 2e.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
As above:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2e

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Terms And Conditions Of Use

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Police code for a marijuana infraction - 420

That's not true, a myth. 420 came from the time a group of stoners used to meet at San Rafeal high school 1971.

420 Chemicals is not really true either. It contains only 61 active chemicals and over a thousand non-active. BTW coffee contains 1500 chemicals and rat poison only 30.

BTW where I live it's not illegal, especialy to talk about it on a web site and it's not a drug it's a weed.

[edit on 27/3/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ah, Sunny San Rafael, that's where Pearly Sweetcake is from.

In the laid back California town of sunny San Rafael
Lived a girl named Pearly Sweetcake, you prob’ly knew her well.

Shel Silverstein knew her well, I reckon.

The Legend of Pearly Sweetcake

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
You can go to Wikipedia and type in any date to get a list of significant events in history.
lets look at it this way:
420/ (the number of signs in the zodiac)=(minimum age to be a president) or
2012 - 420 = 1592

OK this is OT, but this is another example of wikipedia getting it totally wrong: Trinity College in Dublin was most definitely NOT founded in 1592. It was founded in the 800's and was one of the few places where knowledge before the Dark Ages was held and taught.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
--On April 20, 1996, ....President Clinton signed the Anti-terrorism Act("for the protection of the people and the state") (This is the one that allowed the gub'mint to federalize any local crime scene. Many people feel this is what happened at Columbine, and explains why local PD did not enter the school in a timely fashion.)

--Project BLUEBIRD was approved by the director of the CIA on April 20, 1950. [BLUEBIRD is the cryptonym for a CIA mind control program that ran from 1951 to 1953]

new topics

top topics

join