It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever thought of fighting back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ive been recently reading posts about the shadow people and demons and such and I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of taking the fight to them. I understand the whole sleep paralysis thing and the problems it could cause but has anyone actually ever been like get the **** out of my house or has anyone gone into that primalistic survival mode and gone crazy on a paranormal entity.

I was also curious if anyone hunted beings such as these.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
while i know nothing of the "shadow people" i do know that
it is possible for anyone to tap into the paranormal and abuse it
with malicious intent. I have witnessed telepathy gone out of
control where people can influence a persons mind through
telepathy. I believe that everyone has a natural defense against psychic
attacks and the level of defense depends on the strenght of
one's spirit and mind.

I am also inclined to believe that there are "psychic police" out
there that keep the masses in check. Thier existence could be a
possibility of why there is so much denial of the paranormal itself
but how long will this containment last?

more and more people are experiencing random acts of
the paranormal that is becomming hard to ignore. Couple
that with the information age (the internet) which includes more
readily available methods to achieve a few of those random
paranormal experiences consistently and then what? the possibility
of a full blown paranormal epidemic within the masses could
be witnessed/

Though there is a possibility of an external demon unknown to
us, I truly believe that much of the demons that exist comes
from the evil intent of the paranormal abuser. A human like you and I.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by AwakenedOne]

[edit on 25-3-2006 by AwakenedOne]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
why ? I mean , you barely have a clue as to what they are,
and you want to start a fight ?

fear is quite a motivating force , eh ?

perhaps you should try to figure out exactly what they are , first ,
and why they're here etc b4 launching an offensive into an area
you know nothing of ! eh ?

methinks you have drifted a bit off of your , "pathoftruth"

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Im not saying that you should fight back im just curious if anyone has. I sure as heck wouldn't fight. Id probably pee myself or something.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Actually, defiance is the best form of "fighting" one can do in the face of the paranormal.

If they bug you, tell them to go away as if you are annoyed and they are not more than just a punk kid in your face.

Like, "Bah, whatever ghostie quit bugging me you less than alive loser, I'm kinda busy here don't you see?"

Thyanks,

-ADHD

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
why ? I mean , you barely have a clue as to what they are,
and you want to start a fight ?

Rather an interesting point to me. I've never thought about it but, How might we as individuals react to some such unknown?
I've never had an encounter like this, but like, knowing how I react to anything that startles me (Someone making a loud noise suddenly, a mate grabbing your shoulder when your back's turned etc), I tend to kinda like, engage combat mode sorta thing.
Hard to resist, I wonder, presuming you had any chance to go on the offensive, how many would, and how many would be able to chill out and see whats what?

(typo edit)

[edit on 25-3-2006 by DreadNaught]

[edit on 25-3-2006 by DreadNaught]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I thought the lesser demons had DR 5/+1 or magic. Mephistopheles has DR 20/+7 so good luck.

Really other than a possession how are you planning on confronting demons? Thinking about puppies and sugar and hoping that makes them leave?
Make sure you shoot at the shadows just in case.

Talk about knowing your enemy.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Who saying you need to shoot. Maybe in a moment of fear your body can tap into innate psychic or maybe even dare say slightly magical abilities. You could also obtain a relic of epic proportion but to me that seems cliche and a little to Hollywood.

What im trying to get at is maybe if you happen to be a skilled psion you could possibly battle these creatures if you wanted to or at least resist the sleep paralysis. Maybe if you were skilled in the occult you defend yourself adequately. I dont know much about the occult and such things so im not sure if such an endeavor is possible.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
well , I suppose familiarizing oneself with some info

would be a good start

eh ?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Plus Shadow People are just Shadows on the wall so you can't attack them if your in this world still.impossible be like attacking wall if ones against a wall plus they move fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think most people's instinct when they see some crazy monster would be to run out of there as fast as they can, but I guess there are probably some people who would instinctively fight it as well. This may be difficult for nonmaterial things like shadows etc, but for physical demons, aliens etc it sounds pretty reasonable. Although I bet you'd get your butt kicked.

If someone is bugged by it enough, I bet they will go from being afraid of it to being angry and deciding to fight it. There are other ways to fight besides physically, as well....

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakenedOne
I am also inclined to believe that there are "psychic police" out
there that keep the masses in check.

Psychic police I assume would use some sort of gizmos to watch for activity. Incresed energy in form of EM of course. Now sorry to stray off topic but who Poices the psychic police? Now who polices that person? See the problem here? I find it bothering to think there is a group of people that watch for this stuff and control fate. Are they doing the right thing? Next up if this went on to a full scale problem what would this group do? Try to kill and stop the infected area before it spreads? Is using evil to protect others a good thing? Thinking that if a group of people were exposed to such a thing it would not really be their fault.

Anyway on to the topic I agree to fight such thing is not gonna give you results. You can confront it slowly but what is it? Demon,angel,God? I always wonder how moses knew the burning Bush or what was on the mountin top was God and not a demon? The bible may have prolonged life but was it not evil in itself?

(Please remember to Trim Those Quotes!)

[edit on 3/26/2006 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I dont think anyone can truly understand the paranormal, research it yes, but understanding is something totally different, anyway trying to fight an entity no one knows anything about is really pointless you know. try to think positivly and if you are confronted with shadow demons consult a dungeon master they should know what to do....

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've once attempted to fight those shadow things, sleep paralysis and all. One of the stupidest things I've ever done.

I woke up, and it was still dark, so I tried to look at the clock. I couldn't move a muscle. Then I noticed them, on the ceiling. They made a noise that was like a cross between a rat scratching on the other siide of a wall, distant coarse whispering, and nails on a chalkboard. They were darker than the surrounding ceiling, which scared me a bit because the ceiling was black as pitch.

I put all of my mind into getting up, which I did, but I was only worse off. everything was flashing back and forth between a bright staticy grey and their color.

As I staggared toward the light-switchand flailed at them in a pathetic attempt to keep them away (which, understandably, was all I could manage at the time), the flashing got faster, and the whispering noise was quickly replaced by a shrill scream like I would never want to hear again in my life, and I got increasingly dizzy.

After what seemed like twenty minutes of flailing staggering I got to and flipped the light switch, at which point my vision returned quickly enough for me to see them rapidly fade away.

After sitting on my bed shaking until morning came, I asked my father if he had any idea what the black things were, he asked me if I had heard about it from G-ma or G-pa. when I told him what had happened to me, he described seeing them on his ceiling as a child, and then asked me how I got up.

Anyway, do any of you have an idea as to why "shadow people", if that's what they were, would follow bloodlines? My brother had a similar experience.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by squirrelassasin]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nsawantsmedead
Psychic police I assume would use some sort of gizmos to watch for activity. Incresed energy in form of EM of course. Now sorry to stray off topic but who Poices the psychic police? Now who polices that person? See the problem here? I find it bothering to think there is a group of people that watch for this stuff and control fate. Are they doing the right thing? Next up if this went on to a full scale problem what would this group do? Try to kill and stop the infected area before it spreads? Is using evil to protect others a good thing? Thinking that if a group of people were exposed to such a thing it would not really be their fault.

Paranormal/Psychic police is the best way I can
describe a society that most likely exist, because it is
the only logical way I can think of on how
the masses seem oblivious to the existence of
the paranormal. Perhaps the Govt suppresses the
paranormal. who knows? whatever it is, it has led to
the denial of all paranormal activity which society see
as fiction and science deems stupid.

As for "the infected" being killed, Well it has already
happened. The best example of this are the witch hunts
of the past. Jesus at the cross etc.

The motive for the supression of the paranormal
in my opinion has to do with the maintaining of the herd
(society) I have witnessed the chaos of the paranormal
and I can understand why it must be controlled to some
extent. on the contrary , I also believe that mass paranormal
realization would be benificial for the human evolution
overall but how many will suffer before this is realized?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am a bouncer in a pretty rough neighborhood of Washington D.C., I've trained in Krav Maga for 5 years....physical respone to an entity such as that, just make you look like an idiot. You first have to realize that for them to actually be SEEN by a human eye takes a MASSIVE amount of energy, this is our plane; not theirs. Vocal responses with true force behind them should be extremely effective against a 'shadow person' given that I believe that if a 'shadow person' adversely affects you it is not one at all. Shadow People tend to be ambivalent in nature.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
squirrel

wow !

you failed to mention the age[s]

this happened and frequency

to all that experienced it !

and the bloodline thing...I dunno

this is new territory to me

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Call the ghost busters people.

Mod edit: one-line or short responses Please review

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Call the ghost busters people.

I think I very much agree with imbalanced...I mean put some more detais in your thread like age, time, frequency, threat level... other than these details i think some of these people would make a very good fiction writer....

(Not to be picky, but you don't need to quote Riwka's colorful link.)

[edit on 3/26/2006 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It happened to my dad from 13 to 20 years old. I'm not sure why it stopped (if it did stop).

My brother saw them at the age of 12. When he saw them he grabbed a holy water filled medallion of St. Michael and held it out toward them, and they turned toward him and evaporated away. He hasn't seen them since, but since then he has been obsessed with drawing the figure of death. It kinda makes me wonder.

I saw it a year and a half ago, when I was 13. Thank God I havn't seen them since, but sometimes I can still hear them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join