It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The influence of the avatar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Dr Love's avatar always sticks in my mind. That and the way he carries himself are a perfect match. I could'nt imagine the good Dr with any other avatar.

Your avatar is cool man. I do avatars my self but yours is just great. Good job !!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Pssssst... the check should arrive in the mail any day now...

Loam the check arrived okay buts its bounced !
whats going on ?

Just noticed NotClever's avatar and I like that one alot the colours are great and its really original

Like It !

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamesmichael
Just noticed NotClever's avatar and I like that one alot the colours are great and its really original
Like It !

*politely bows*

Thank You Jamesmichael. The Image was made from a b&w pic of a ringed planet (Saturn? I don't even know for sure.) Anyway The other artifacts are all digital, it's an effect called a 'lens flare'. Looks like a bright star or sun out there. It turned out well. NotClever liked it when he first saw it, so I let him have it. The captioning is his.

Mechanic 32

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well done Mechanic thats a cool Avatar you made there.

I'll have to take a look through your others some time.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A little explanation about my avatar. Waylon Jennings had an influence on my current avatar. We are both Ramblin' Men in a sense. So why not have the original Ramblin' Man as my avatar.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I certianly think some members avatars can give a good indication of their personality or their "message", but I've learned not to judge the proverbial book by it's proverbial cover, and quite often found that the Avatar is completely at odds with the personality, or is not conveying a message at all, but is just there to cheer the place up.

For instance, Gimmefootball, I believe, has always had a Train avatar, and I think it's fair to say he's interested in trains. But every time I try to think of an image to sum up my own personality or message, I come up blank. I make something, look at it and think "No, thats not me at all". So instead of trying to convey myself, I just let Kool Aid Guy deal with it.

On a side note - being slightly colour blind, I wish either Yossarian or Yarcofin would change their background colour! I always have to spend a moment trying to remember who is who when reading their posts. There's enough confusion round here as it is

Edit: Ah, I see Gimmefootball, by a sad twist of fate, has changed his avatar for the first time in ages. But the example still stands

[edit on 30-3-2006 by chebob]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No doubt, the avatars are very misleading, but it is very difficult, for me at least, to block out the images created by them, when I try and picture the person behind them.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Change my background colour eh? Yeah, I'm planning on doing that anyway. Now, how can I make that brighter..

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Change my background colour eh? Yeah, I'm planning on doing that anyway. Now, how can I make that brighter..

Now that the purple is gone, the problem is no more. But feel free to brighten it some more anyway

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I like the amethyst...but since my actual name was already taken, I decided on an avatar that has my real name in it!

My real name is Alexandra, how d'ye do?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well my avatar is nothing special, just an idea that i got one day. I dont even own a iPod (i have the sony walkman MP3).

But some of the other avatars i have made for ppl i put alot of thought and meaning into. There is one i have done for a member that captures her personality perfectly, i am so proude of that avatar everytime i see it.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I like the idea behind your avatar Amethyst. A unity between one reality and another. Very original.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't understand this.

Why does posting an old pic from my junior year in college give people any sort of insight into my attitude today???

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It could indicate that you chose this picture because it represents an important time in your life, or that it encompasses what you stand for now or what you stood for then. Of Course it could mean nothing it all.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think that a persons sig has influence too. although yes people are judged by their avitar and also their color options.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree, the signature can provide an insight into the personality of a member. It is more of a conscious sign purposely included to convey the desired image, whereas the avatar seems to have a stronger subconcious influence.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Mine actually for how unflashy it is does have a very significant role in my personality. I have loved flight since I was 4 years old and probably befor that.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm always interested to read the quotes in people's signatures. Most admirable are those original quotes made by the members themselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
my first two are my own. How do you like them.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The influence of the avatar....

It depends on whether the member made his/her own avatar, or had someone else make it for them, imho.

Also, you can never judge a book by it's cover...

Lastly, look here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join