It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Yeti Leg Discovered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It looks like a bear paw to me, but supposedly they are ruling that out. The article says that the x-ray shows that the leg is more human like in regards to bone structure. If he was a human he wore a size 36!

Siberian scientists say they have a discovery on their hands which raises the possibility that the local legend of the yeti - the abominable snowman - is more than mere fiction.
According to Russian TV, the well-preserved furry limb of a mystery creature was found some 3,500 metres up in the permafrost of the Altay mountains, in Russia's remote Siberia region.

Of course the possibility of a hoax shouldnt be ruled out yet...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
ATS was all over this one. I thought it was interesting...I"m fairly convinced that it's yeti. Size 36 shoe...?
ATS Article

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And they say there is no proof of this or that or?

There is lots of proof just not enough people that are willing to suffer for the truth to be known that's all.

Oh well they will debunk this to hell and back before a week is out...,

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I bet this thing is a two thousand year old knee high snow boot made from the leg and paw of a bear, with a leather sole stiched on. There is fur on the sole for traction on snow. There is still a human foot in it, as can be seen in the x-rays. This is not the first time climbers have found boots with feet still in them, but this is probably the oldest example. It is clearly a moccasin type boot IMO.

wormspew

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That's a size 36 Euro size, dudes. About an 8 men's American. Check out the debate on this here:
cryptozoology.com

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It is not described as being a foot in a piece of garment so why do you assume that it is?

because that is what you want to believe?

I am just reading what I see and it appears to be some kind of creature, who knows what?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It looks like a foot to me a big ol smelly foot.
Now i think that it also looks hairy.
So thats what I see. It looks an awful lot like a bear.
But I guess they know that its not so it must be a yeti.
Why would someone make a boot out of an actual foot? That seems kinda strange to me.

Cooool A bigfoot. Thats amazing!!

Mark

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It was described as it was to generate attention. Old shoes are not news. Do you think I really want to belive that a yeti foot is a boot? Get real. Is the idea of shoes made of dead animals less probable than yeti? Do you have your mind made up on this allready? I would love to see some evidence; but this is a garment, folks. We don't need to be overly credulous about every hoax that comes down the pike. Actually, I find it ironic that I'm in the role of debunker here; I can't believe it!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I dunno why people would need to debunk a yeti. After all, its not halfway as improbable as extraterrestrial stuff is. A hairy snow ape is perfectly within the realm of reason of the current scientific establishment.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
yes, totally possible, but still not proven. Reguardless of what the article says, it looks very bear-like. Old shoes are a known fact. There is yet to be proof of yeti.
The consensus at cryptozoology.com is that it is definately bear related. Watch. This thing will fade away. They aren't going to cover up yeti, they are gonna cover up that they found an old boot made out of a bear paw. This isn't a hard one to spot, IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
size 36 shoe.. I got 36,5

Hmm.. the foot wasnt as big as I expected it to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Looks like a damn bear paw, or a Coyote or something. I know it's a regular animal tho. Yeti my ass, it's just a bear or something. Trying to get the locals spooked.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you read the articles, the Russian sources seem very coy, like they know what's up- "oh, look, it's a size 36!"
Never is the obvious resemblence to a bear paw evan mentioned! No known large primate has claws. This is a snow boot made by peeling the skin off a bear leg so it turns inside out. The toe bones were cut off at the first joint in order to provide a foundation for the claws; this is why some of the reports mention it has an extra toe joint. The meaty paw pad was removed, and a thick leather sole stiched in with animal sinews. Then it was turned right side out to hide the stiches and to help them wear longer. Only a good hunter could set himself up with a pair of bear boots; probably a status symbol.
This thing is very bear-like on the outside, but the x-rays are very human. It's a boot, folks- the whole attitude of the Russians reminds me of that time the Tass News in Moscow reported 8' one eyed aliens strolling around Moscow.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm easily freaked out, so when they showed a picture on CNN I ... got freaked out. But thanks to ATS, I now know that it's a load of monkey butter. (use that as a testimonial) How bout "why was it only the leg found?" My guess is that the boot was so protective that it's contents were protected until today... ya... I help... so much...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You would think a Yeti or Abombinale Snowman would be white to blend in with its surroundings..however I'm not discounting them as I believe they exist.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I sort of believe in Yeti, myself. I would really like some convincing proof. I am not trying to debunk the existance of yeti. However, it's gonna take more than an old boot to convince me.... This whole think is a big joke.....

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Have they done anything else with it besides X Ray? I would be interested to see a DNA breakdown on it.

What about analysis of the X Ray by a forensics expert?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's the problem with this story, the experts HAVE looked at it and they said "it is very human [giggle]".
I am convinced that the Russians know exactly what it is, now they are having fun. There are too many holes in this story, and it is just a bit too "cute" to be for real.
When they saw it,they were probably all freaked out for about five minutes, untill "oh, look- it's a boot- let's see if the stupid Americans will figure this out" Russian News sources are under no more of an Agies of credibility than are American journalists. There is no rule that they can't be coy and tricky. Remember, they are in the bussiness of selling news- "OLD BOOT FOUND" not much of a headline.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To me this dosn't seem like all that hard of a debate to solve. DNA testing would clearly show if its a bear claw. A study of the inhabitants of that region 2000 years ago would yeild significant information about clothing and other aspects of life. The bones could be removed and foresnicaly studied as well. These proven scientific means of idenditfication would either prove it is a Yeti foot, a hoax, or an old boot with a leg in it. The foot shoudl be sent to some lab and have significant research done on it and not just sit in some underfunded russian museum or locked up in some gov't crate.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Once again; DNA tests are irrelevant- It's bear on the outside and people on the inside, and I am sure that this is obvious to any reasonably intellegent person that handles it. There are several sources on the net about this. NONE of the experts say it is anything other than human. The part about a shoe is just left out because the story is suddenly made more interesting. It is interesting to note that the Russians "proved" it was a Yeti by having all their "experts" say "It's not a Yeti!" Believe them. It's not!

wormspew/mysteries of the worm

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join