It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new way of filming UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So I'm thinking of this new way of filming daylight UFOs with ordinary video cameras. I remember watching a short 'internet clip' type video about the subject, but I can't recollect from where it was.

The consensus of the story was that if you block out glare/sunlight you can film daylight UFOs. This is actually logical as it's proven you can see stars when you stand at the bottom of a well. This is because our eyes/video cameras light perceptors doesn't handle glare very well.. at all, and standing at the bottom of a well would effectively removes all the glare there is, making your eyes 'sensitive' enough to see even star light.

So how do you achieve the same effect with any ordinary house hold cam? Well, being as it may I have a pretty good idea of how to do that. Basically you have to get the glass part of the camera completely engulfed in shadow.

So how do you do That? It's easy if you've read up on home built cinema projectors actually. Just build a funnel out of cardboard paper, paint it a dull (DULL!) black on the inside and make sure no light can penetrate anywhere along the way. It's cheap, easy, and doesn't take a lot of time to build. It's really too easy to ignore, as it has so much potential to be the next wave of UFO evidence. Think about it, everyone with a handcam at home can build one of these devices fastly and simply. I really feel like there could be a whole host of UFOs out there just waiting to be caught by this new technique.

These are just initial thoughts really, sortof a sketch on what I think people with handcams should do. I have plans on what the actual glare blocker looks like... in my head, but just say the word and I'll make a blueprint for anyone interested in this.

Any questions or thoughts you might wanna share?

[edit on 19-3-2006 by Drexon]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
How about ya buy a UV filter for the camera.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'd recommend an infared camera with thermal imaging. Would cost you a few bucks but that's what you really need.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Even if you could get a camera such as this you'd still have to block out glare, as we're still talking about light. And did I miss something or have we had successful UV/infrared UFO spottings?

Does anyone remember the video I'm talking about, the one that blocked out glare and actually recorded UFOs (in the traditional sense, not the alien sense)?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I thought that infrared was for catching pics of ghosts and spirits and that you needed higher frequencies for ufos etc? So you need UV and you would want to block out natural light? Is that correct?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
No, this contraption really only blocks out glare. It's all natural light, but with enough blockage you could film UFOs, supposedly. Doesn't anyone still have that clip where he did that?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a UV filter would kill glare, and haze to a certain degree. UV filter is nothing but a screw on lens filter that goes over the conventional 35mm lens and some digitals.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I dunno, it doens't feel right that a filter could replace a 3ft funnle designed to give the lens absolute shadow.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well I mean youre gonna cut down on visible area using a cone. If you want to cut down glare and haze, the uv filter works, they been around for years. I get the feeling youre going for something else.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All I know is that film emulsion and CCD's are able to pick up these light wavelengths that human eyes cannot see. The aliens know what they are doing and likely having abducted us many times know our complete physiology and thus how to cloak themselves from our view.

Mind you I wonder sometimes if animals can see, hear or sense their presence due to their heightened senses versus that of humans.

jra

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
This is actually logical as it's proven you can see stars when you stand at the bottom of a well. This is because our eyes/video cameras light perceptors doesn't handle glare very well.. at all, and standing at the bottom of a well would effectively removes all the glare there is, making your eyes 'sensitive' enough to see even star light.

I don't get how that would work exactly. Sure standing at the bottom of a well would block out direct sunlight, but I don't understand how it would allow you to see stars. Blue light would still be skatterd through out the atmosphere above you, thus preventing one from seeing stars, but then again i've never been at the bottom of a well. Using a long cardboard tube would be excessive I think. Just get a lens hood and a UV filter.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Even if you could get a camera such as this you'd still have to block out glare, as we're still talking about light. And did I miss something or have we had successful UV/infrared UFO spottings?

Does anyone remember the video I'm talking about, the one that blocked out glare and actually recorded UFOs (in the traditional sense, not the alien sense)?

I think NASA uses UV imaging in the shuttle orbit pics, the" EVIDENCE: The CASE for NASA UFO's" video shows these craft viewed in the UV spectrum if I am not mistaken.

Is this the video/website you were talking about.......?

Paranormal Investigation

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You can buy a lens shade, or a lens filter.

The problem is that UFO video's are shot without the above.

Good thinking anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
the main problem with filming UFOs is that they are high in the sky. the camera users zoom their cameras out to the max as much as 20x or more. at that range. even the slightest vibration or wiggle translates into a huge jump on the other end. so thats why ufo videos are so shaky. even on a tripod the slightest wind or bump will cause shaking. thats why you must have a heavy broadcast tripod to hold it stable. and also most every home movie camera has like 10x optical zoom and 20x digital. once you get into digital zoom it makes the object all blocky and fuzzy. even the most expensive standard movie cameras now are like this. they now have HD cameras avaiable at a reasonable price right around $1500-2000. which record in 1080i resolution. another problem with that that is that a 1080i video of like 3 mins will be 200MB if they compress it to make it smaller they are right back where they started with the bad quality blurry and choppy movies. to get a good ufo recording you need a expensive HDTV camera with optical zoom NO digital zoom. a heavy tripod and extensive knowlenge of video compression or better dont compress it. all the time i hear people say ufos are not real becouse all we ever get are fuzzy jittery videos. thats the reason why above.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Drexon,

I think this will help.
I remember seeing an interview of a Ufologist.
He talked about the fact that, a high number of UFO sightings
would occur during a solar eclipse.
The idea was that the ships, that were normally hidden by the near-direct light
of the sun, would sometimes appear as the disk of the sun became obscured by the moon. Reducing glare to almost nothing.
It's as if they were using the Sun to hide.

During theinterview, he recommended that anyone who would like to try to film UFO's might do so by aiming just slightly away from the sun, and using something to shade the full disk.

For example, setting up just under the overhang of your roof.
Shading the Sun, but allowing you to shoot the sky next to it.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
spacedoubt> That's what I'm talking about. They somehow 'hide' using the light that is around, and for some reason you can (probably) see them better when glare is eliminated, either using my very simple method or waiting for the next sun eclipse, heh. And this also correspons with my 'bottom of well' fact, with you being able to see star light even.

I'm telling you guys, we should try something like this out!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Youre talking about the guy who was shooting stuff using the eave of his house to block out the sun, and shooting near directly into the sun corona....I think.

Thats opening a whole new can of worms. *Any* tiny little fly or bug is going to show up in such a video. The light of the corona and a cam in shadow is going to illuminate the pollen, bugs, and whatever....just try it without a camera...you'll see alot of debris in the air.

If I recall right, the guy had captured alot of what they were calling "rods", which turned out to be bugs in slow framerate capture.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No, that's not what I'm talking about. And I've known that 'rods' are bugs for years now.

Can someone just find that clip I'm talking about? I believe it was a reported talking to a guy claiming he filmed UFOs on a daily basis by blocking out glare in much the same way as the 'bottom of the well' trick, so the reported did just that and actually got results.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No, that's not what I'm talking about. And I've known that 'rods' are bugs for years now.

Yeah it's very old stuff, thats why I couldnt figure ya wanting to go that way.

But, youre essentially doing the same operation as youre staring from dark into daylight. You wouldnt have any light direction regardless of whats out of your tunnel, therefore the light would illuminate (to you) any small particles.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We'll just have to see about that I guess. I guess what I'm trying to do is have someone with a regular handcam try it out.. I don't have one myself and I don't think I want to buy one just to find out it doesn't work. Besides, it's super easy and cheap to do at home. Just saying I think it's worth it as it has the potential to be a great UFO catcher.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join