It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please post your BEST UFO pics here !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I though it would be a good idea for people to post there best UFO photo's or ones that cannot be debunked.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by helium3]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sorry, i couldnt resist.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
@jritzmann,

Sorry if i sound silly but what makes a UFO photo "more realistic" then say others ?. What are defining factors ?.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Jritz, did you take those pics?

Those are incredible. Did anyone else see that? Did that sighting make the news?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Belgium - UFO

This is one of the Best IMO because its not just a picture. Its back up by

2,600 statements to police
Radar stations on the ground
Radar of two F-16s

www.ufoevidence.org...

This was no pie pan tossed into the sky and if it was a Hoax it was one the most impressive ones ever.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I dont understand the question...more "realistic", meaning what.

You mean what defining factors make an object in a photo...an object that was really there as opposed to some tampered thing?

Witness interview, Light / shadow, blur of motion (dependant on speed of shutter and exposure), reflection, weather of the day; including haze and visibility/humidity.

Then there's site location measurement and approximation of known stationary objects vs. the object. In so many words, where exactly the shooter was standing. (when possible)

Then the obligatory pixel exam, edge exam, to look at possible paste-up/CG overlay or composite, alpha masking lines, supportive/tether search, examination of the camera and test shots from that same cam. Then there's finding out the particular make/model's reaction to certain conditions.

S'alotta stuff, too much to list on and on. Truthfully, unless you find it a hoax, it's always an "open" case. You cant just say "unknown" and close it up. You have to leave the future open for a possible explaination.

People talk.
Programs get better.
Maybe we find one we thought was a hoax...isnt, maybe vice versa.

Theyre all open ended.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
@jritzmann,

Thats exactly what i ment, thanks for taking the time to break that down for me. I just now have to learn some photographic basics.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the belgian ufo looks nice. But this one is very interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
yes interesting but possably a photoshoped 1!

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by llfrequencyll
the belgian ufo looks nice. But this one is very interesting.

Aircraft on approach to or leaving Reagan International, probably (you may have to scroll/resize to both locations in the frame).
Shot from here , I would guess.
Object is just 4x longer than cars on the Washington Parkway below, indicating ~~240 mph, right in the middle of a 737's landing/take-off range.
(EDIT)

Originally posted by helium3
I though it would be a good idea for people to post there best UFO photo's or ones that cannot be debunked.
Oops, sorry, I missed that "cannot" part

[edit on 19-3-2006 by rand]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Heres another one I always found interesting

2004-Waupaca, Wisconsin. Taken by Jeff P. just after a sunset on 09-22-04. Object moving West to East.

link

Theres not much info on it like Eye witnesses though

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX Heres another one I always found interesting

2004-Waupaca, Wisconsin. Taken by Jeff P. just after a sunset on 09-22-04. Object moving West to East.

Maybe it's time to move this thread to one of the aircraft forums
Maybe somebody there can tell us what kind of light aircraft has that many anticollision lights.

U.S. Naval Observatory
The following information is provided for Waupaca, Waupaca County, Wisconsin (longitude W89.1, latitude N44.4):
Sunset 6:53 p.m.
End civil twilight 7:22 p.m.
That means the pic was shot at around 7:10 (+-), west to east, it was probably on approach. So, anybody want to run by the airport and see if they've still got flight plans that far back?

(EDIT

Ok, so I sat down with a second cup of coffee and played with the image and found the fucelage. Notice what looks like strobe reflecting off the splines along the side. I think the photographer bagged an SR-71!

[edit on 20-3-2006 by rand]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Cannot be debunked? Anything you post here can be debunked.

By the way, that object by the airport is a good one. Wow. I'd heard about cigar shaped objects, never saw one.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I found a few.heres what i found, excuse me if they have been debunked.

A Mothership??

Ps...Helium, i got through "behold the pale horse" William Cooper.
How did you find it?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
A Mothership??

The top one is an aircraft. See the D.C. post a few up. It appears to be not only a time-exposure (maybe a second or two -- that's why the sky looks like afternoon: it was shot at night with a longexposure ) but may also be a double exposure.

The bottom one is famous, it appeared in Life magazine. Turns out its a brasierre.
This will explain it.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Ok, so I sat down with a second cup of coffee and played with the image and found the fucelage. Notice what looks like strobe reflecting off the splines along the side. I think the photographer bagged an SR-71!

Perhaps if we forget the fact the fact that the last SR-71 flight was October 9, 1999, at the Edwards AFB air show half a decade before this picture was taken.

The shape and lights are wrong for a SR-71. The fuelage is far too short and the anti-collision lights just dont look like that.

Im not saying it couldnt be a plane just the SR-71 is a rather poor choice, not only for the shape but also for the fact that there were no Sr-71 flying close to that time.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Originally posted by Denied
A Mothership??

The top one is an aircraft. See the D.C. post a few up. It appears to be not only a time-exposure (maybe a second or two -- that's why the sky looks like afternoon: it was shot at night with a longexposure ) but may also be a double exposure.

The bottom one is famous, it appeared in Life magazine. Turns out its a brasierre.
This will explain it.

Wow man you can debunk anything?

so tell us do you believe in ufo's first of all.

See I see it this way, if you don't believe any are real then you will debunk all of them. so tell us what you think first then we know how to approach your genius in debunking.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
See I see it this way, if you don't believe any are real then you will debunk all of them. so tell us what you think first then we know how to approach your genius in debunking.

What kind of thinking is this? You cant debunk, what cannot be explained.

The photo couldnt care less what you believe, and baseless debunkers have no tread.

However, the man presented data to back it up. It's not baseless and has nothing to do with what he believes.

This kind of pigeonholing of people and their beliefs needs to cease. Either refute it with your own data, images and such, or walk away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join