It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Sonic UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just found this footage on a site I frequent. They are very good about researching information they get from people.

ufosnw.com...

Watch the first video from Sarasota, Florida. This would explain why we do not see more than we do in the sky. Maybe I will go through some of my old video and slow them down a little to see if there is anything there, could be interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
crazy looking video.....
what made me wonder about it's autheticity is this...
who actually sat down an "found" the object in the background to begin with considering at normal speed it's not even visible really......

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Why wouldn't the tape be authentic? I would think that a hoaxer would at least show some sort of craft, not just a blur. Almost certainly it is an authentic bug flying by close to the camera. Close distance = apparent high speed.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a good screen capture to see if I could pull up any details. Due the inherent blurriness, it's probably impossible anyway.

[edit on 3/18/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You know I wondered the same thing. At first it just looks like a "blip" on the video. I have never thought of slowing videos to look for anything.

Could be a hoax of course, but I have not seen this anywhere before.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Unfortunately, video, rather than good old fashioned film, a funny tendency to create these kinds of odd artifacts. They're probably just bugs too close and too fast for the automatic focus to react, but you never know. Again, it would be nice if the people doing this sort of thing would hook up another camera and tape the same visual field on a split screen. That way there would at least be some small chance of getting an approximation of size and distance.

Oh, but that would take all the mystery out of it, wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but the "UFO" in the Sarasota video is nothing but a frisbee.

The person throwing the frisbee is out of view behind the man in the fore-ground's head and chair. The person who the frisbee is being thrown to is off frame-right. You can even see the arc of the frisbee's flight path in the slow-mo segment.

And for those who will so that it's moving too fast to be a frisbee..... I played Ultimate Frisbee for 4 years while I lived in Wisconsin. During a "kick-off" with a pro weighted disc speeds like that are easily achievable. The speed is achieved by snapping your wrist just as you release the disc.

Here are some videos:
www.solstice-ultimate.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
That's ONE fast frisbee then... If you watch you can see it fly through ths screen at the time of 00:05 of the video. It takes less than a second to get across the screen.

My guess is that it's a bug, though... Based on the same trajectory. I spend a lot of timeon the beach, and I've seen some pretty fast ones before.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am not sure about the frisbee thing. It was WAY too fast for that. The one odd thing is the camera pans to the right as if the person was trying to get something else in the picture (and didn't think it was the guy in the background they were looking at).

Hmmm...maybe its a seagull? Sorry...I couldn't resist. LOL

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How about an experiment!

I believe that I can faithfully recreate the afformentioned video using nothing but an Innova brand PDGA disc (of which I have many), common lawn chair, my Cannon XL2 HD, 3 local participants, (I'm sure I can convince some of my employees to stand in) and the magic of perspective.

The only help I need from the ATS public is a resonable amount of prep-time and a place to host the final video. I am flying out of town from the 22nd-29th for buisness, I will try my hardest to have the video completed before then. If I am unable to finish it before I leave I will finish and post it upon my return. I am very serious about this.

I would also just like to state that I myself believe in the UFO phenomenon, and the existance of extraterrestrial life, and am not simply trying to undermine peoples intelligence by explaining this away as a frisbee.

Also, watch how fast the tee-off throws are in the begining of this video clip. (timecode 00:00 - 00:04)
www.pdga.com...

It's unfortunate how tight the angle is though, as the frisbee leaves the frame so fast. Though it illustrates how fast you can launch a properly weighted disc quite well.

I also reserve the right to be wrong without being ridiculed.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you live near a beach and visit the shoreline often enough you will eventually and undoubtedly see some very fast natural and unnatural low flying elements darting at very fast clips along the shoreline.

top topics

join