It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calendar - Grand Gallery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am new to these boards so please forgive me if this subject has been discussed (I'll be surprised if it hasn't) but I read in one of my many books (but cannot find the thing as I am confined to bed for most of the day through a back injury and can only sit up for a short time) that the Grand Gallery of the Great Pyramid contained a calendar of sorts that from memory described day's and months marked on the walls including main events in History. What is confusing me is that I remember that there were 364 marks for the days in each year yet surely July and August came long after the Pyramid was built when the Roman Caesars introduced them.
May I also ask if there are any photographs anywhere on the web of the 'capstones' of the Great Pyramid as I cannot seem to find them anywhere except on distant photographs which do not show them clearly.
Nice site this, will enjoy exploring it fully in time.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are supposedly a few casing stones still on the bottom, and there are pictures of them.

As for the calendar thing I cannot help. There is an Egyptian Calendar article on wikipedia that details their years, months, etc...but I've never heard of anything like that in the Great Pyramid.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Thanks for that. When I am able I will dig the info out and post it here.
Regarding the 'casing stones' I am interested in the Capping Stones at the top of the main pyramid as I understood these to be some 8 feet by 3 feet by and inch thick and highly polished but I have never seen phot'os of these close up.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You know, I remember hearing about a pictorial calender or timeline in a pyramid too. It was on the Discovery channel ages ago. Like 1995 or 1996?

I wonder whatever happened to that (probably fictitious) bit of info?

*update*
I found this:

Scroll down to question IX

...Sir Isaac Newton took a special interest in the sacred geometry of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt and speculated that its inner labyrinth of tunnels and chambers was a prophecy calendar in stone, ...(snip)... if you mark off one pyramid inch (a value inherent within the structure) as representing one year, and measure along a baseline that extends from the Pyramid casing stone exterior and runs parallel to the Ascending Passage, the Grand Gallery, the Antechamber, and King's Chamber, you can discover that the Pyramid's stonework design points out significant spiritual events in the history of humanity, past and future.

According to gizapyramid.com, the Great Pyramid does not have a capstone, and never did.

It appears that the Great Pyramid was never finished since the top is flat, and not pointed, as it should be. It has a truncated summit which is coarse and uneven and measures about 30 square feet. Most pyramids were crowned with a top-stone that completed their structure. This pyramid does not currently have one and it appears that it never did. One of the earliest references to the missing top-stone (or capstone) is from Diodorus Siculus (60 BC). He tells us that in his day, when the Pyramid stood with its casing stones intact, the structure was "complete and without the least decay, and yet it lacked its apex stone".
source

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Busymind]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You can see them on the Mosque's...

Any of them in Egypt built during the period, Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan in 1356 after the earth-quake destroyed them all. The main problem is, linking all of them together as their are thousands all over the mosque's of Egypt's.

The ATS challenge.

If you desire pictures of the Top-Stone, you might have an easier time searching for: pyramidion because that is what it is called. However, it was stolen and I do believe has yet to be found...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
While the GP's pyramidion is probably lost forever, there are fragments of other pyramidion's at other pyramid sites. I think there are remains of pyramidions from the red pyramid at Dashur and one of Menkaure's minor pyramids among others.

A quick google search turned up this site with a few pics:
www.touregypt.net...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think that the best treatment of the "calendar" was given in a book called APOCALYPSE WOW (that's not a misprint. Author is Garner, and the last word is "wow" -- it's on my recommended reading list because it's funny and insightful.)

Boiling down through all the humor, here's the summary:

The "calendar" expired in 2000. In order to make the "calendar" work, you had to pick significant dates in history and then use a mark to measure the interior of the pyramid and say "okay, in THIS section, the length of the mark represents decades. But in this section over here, it represents centures. And over HERE, it represents years."

There's no indication that the mark was actually made by the original builders (it could have been made by a visitor). It also (suspiciously) coordinates with Christian dates and events only -- NOT with Egyptian ones.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's not the 'pyramidion' I am looking for but simply the 'casing stones' some of which are still visible at the top of the Great Pyramid. I have never seen these in 'close up' photo's and am interested as to how these were placed and glued together'
Regarding 'Odium's' comments on the 'Mosque's' I hope someone would take the trouble to 'piece' these together regardless of the 'thousands' of them scattered through the various mosque - would be very interesting and with the aid of computers would not be so formidable a task these days.
Always good and interesting reading on this site.
Have a nice day everyone.

new topics

top topics

join