It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Stay up late?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What make's us stay up so late? Why do we (generally ATS members) lothe the darkness? In posts, theres always another one farther down the line, "it was late,
" but what exactly makes you stay up late?

for me it's gotta be, the quiet, nice calmness of darkness, and the feeling that if i need to i can escape into the night for a night of FUN
TERRORIZE THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why do I stay up late?

I don't have a job. Living off of unemployment is pretty fun.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Why do I stay up late?

I don't have a job. Living off of unemployment is pretty fun.

sorry heelstone, but if that is true, you have lost all respect from me.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
sorry heelstone, but if that is true, you have lost all respect from me.
Glad to be of service.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I want to add that my state requires me to actively seek employment to recieve the unemployment benefits that I have paid into.

I do hope you think less of me though, because I don't think anything of anybody here.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why stay up late? Why not.

The night is the most beautifull part of the day.

I'm a night creature. I prefer the dark shadows to the clear light of the day. I also prefer the light of the moon than the light of the sun.

"Dans la nuit, tous les chats sont gris."

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
personally, I can't sleep, so I might as well do something with my time.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think one of the big things that attributed to people being up late at night would be having a job, or attending school, as most take up alot of the daylight hours, so the evening and night are all thats left for personal time and to get other stuff done. Or at least in the case of some of us computer geeks, we spend all day online and doing various computer related tasks indoors, that the cool night air is a welcome relief to a day of coding or working on a dead server.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Or at least in the case of some of us computer geeks, we spend all day online and doing various computer related tasks indoors, that the cool night air is a welcome relief to a day of coding or working on a dead server.

I gotcha. And honestly, I wouldn't trade that for a night shift. I'd rather continue to work during day and keep my nights for my self.

What's so interesting about day anyway? I usualy sleep during day on week-ends.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If I can't sleep the worst thing I could do is come here

Then I actually wake up more and I never get to sleep, going to bed when the room gets that 3am cold feeling.. which is probably related to your bio clock..

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I stay awake because I hate the filthy, filthy daytime. The sun burns! *hiss*

Well that, and I don't have classes until 6:30 at night.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

for me it's gotta be, the quiet, nice calmness of darkness, and the feeling that if i need to i can escape into the night for a night of FUN TERRORIZE THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

Same here

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
What make's us stay up so late? Why do we (generally ATS members) lothe the darkness? In posts, theres always another one farther down the line, "it was late,
" but what exactly makes you stay up late?

for me it's gotta be, the quiet, nice calmness of darkness, and the feeling that if i need to i can escape into the night for a night of FUN
TERRORIZE THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

I stay up late because I work overnights... nice name by the way.. lol..

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i like to stay up late as well. i find i reflect on life better etc just general sort of stuff.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just something about being up at 2 A.M makes you feel calm and relaxed, You can reflect on the previous day, on the upcoming day, or just visit ATS. After all, those are the "witching hours"... Does anyone know why that time of night is referred to as the "witching hours"?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Perhaps because witches do their witching after midnight?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I stay up late because I like to keep hold of the day that I'm in . I put a lot of things off until tommorrow and try to make today last as long as possible. I know that its probably not the best way to live your life but it's kind of become a habit.
Also I spent a lot of years working evenings and nights so my bodyclock is a bit messed up anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
over summer i stay up tell i feel like sleaping

I know 1 reason is becouse my moms crazy and i HAT being up at the same time as her

i know have to go to school if i stay up lat good bye to my hard erned C grades hello to F's

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
your right , i should go take a nap now at 715pm CST

great idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I stay up late becouse its about the only time i get to myself....
when everyone is in bed im not needed!
so i can do what i want without being called every 5 seconds...
also i have insomania, so i dont sleep much anyways
all i need is a few hours, and im refreshed

and i also dont want to miss the next big story on ats,
lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join