It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of threatening emails regarding Serpo has been discovered to be Netchicken

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You have voted Majic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I think your post says it all.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I had a teacher named (netchicken's first name removed) (netchicken's last name removed) in High school. Im 90% sure that Netchicken was my teacher. Anyway back onto the topic I am sorry to hear about this incident. I also think highlights why mods dont usual share the reasons why members are banned however in this case I think making some of the details public is appropriate.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
hello.

Me, Netchicken, and John Bull 1 have been discussing this on a private forum on netchicken's discussion board.

As much as I hate to say it...well....let me show you what he posted back at me.

I asked him if it was true....NC replied:

"Shadow, unless there are other stuff around there I am guilty as charged. "

Chook will be missed. As John said and I feel the same, "im disapointed to say the least".

BTW...I request this thread be moved to RATS.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajicWhile I can understand rdube02's concerns about whether you could trust SkepticOverlord in a case like this, I recommend giving him and the staff the benefit of the doubt unless and until they should demonstrate they don't deserve it.

Thanks Majic - your post really meant a lot...I appreciate that.

This was hard to watch unfold, however one positive result was that from S.O. and Springers private responses to me through U2U and email, they've demonstrated they can be given the benefit of the doubt. They've filled in a lot of the holes that had raised doubts in my mind.

What this has made me realize, as well, is something Springer mentioned - when you are at the top of anything, a company, a forum - whatever, you certainly become an easy target for disgruntled members, conspiracy theorists...etc...

So, anyway, thanks again Majic for the heartfelt post....it was much appreciated.

Now I'm off to try to find one of your light-hearted podcasts to pull myself out of this depression....

Take care,
-Ry

[edit on 16-3-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Someone please tell me that the first ATS TV Show
that airs won't be titled 'Chickengate'.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well said Majic...

I agree with all you said, except for where the responsibility lies...

I agree The responsibility of the hoax lies with Netchicken... nuff said!
but not ATS...

and ATS is going to hopefully be fine, and spring back better after this nice bowl of NetChicken soup...

But the fact remains that the responsibility for the fallout of "Victors list of hype" resides with the witty, intellegent, and well researched jump of the gun, authored by the rdube02.

Granted, people make mistakes.
His was failing to confirm or ask for comment from the people he was accusing/implicating (SO,Springer)...
and he has apologized to them (the other 2 haven't, but this is about him)
so for that, I give him credit, and respect:up

but responsibility requires more than retraction sometimes...
in this case, the mistake has left some fallout, that IMO Rdube02 hasn't made enough effort to clean up yet...
When we see a retraction of these claims in Victors list (or a refusal to retract by Victor), then that part of his responsibility is done as well.

It is for this reason that i feel that Rdube02 owes the board as a whole an apology... it is our virtual home, that he has mistakenly tainted (for understandable reasons-yes) but also for lack of one crucial step that could have made the difference.

Mistakes happen,
We are all human -and i do see a sincere effort by Rdube02 to "make good"
but if he truly cares, there is still more work to be done to gain total respect from me...

In case you are wondering... yes, this is a test of sorts, regarding charachter and intention...
I hope this makes my position clear... I i dont think I am alone here... maybe i am, and if so... sorry for being so particular...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I recall SO and myself both made statements that this whole Serpo affair is a hoax of a hoax being hoaxed.

Not only do you have the original "co-authors" promoting the first versions we had it taken and revised by a second "hoaxer" and in between we had contributions by up to three other "hoaxers" all wanting to fuel the fire.

Chapman and his comments, the bogus "media revision script" the spoofed emails threats and the loopy Anon# 2 take over.

Collins said it best Games games games. Why people fail to take stock from one of the very "co-authors" blows me away.

Even the most recent article posted on LA's board by none other then Gene Lakes says Doty is one of the 6 DIA Anon's. While he does not say his name he alludes to not only the Bennewitz account as well as Linda Howe and comments that at times in his past he was asked to lie and promot dis-info as part of his duty but that THIS account may have portions of truth.

Remember Gene Lakes is one of the original "consitencies" as well as a good freind of Robert Collins who is good friends with...

Well hopefully it has become more clearly evident that your "co-authors" are all hiding in plain sight, some of them denying involvement while others specifically implicate other "co-authors" as being directly involved.

To take any word they would like to "disclose" to you as containing 100% fact is just a child fantasy.

WHOM do you really know is telling the truth ?

[edit on 16-3-2006 by robertfenix]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Mistakes happen,
We are all human -and i do see a sincere effort by Rdube02 to "make good"
but if he truly cares, there is still more work to be done to gain total respect from me...

Ahh...well said Lazarus. Yes, i've apologized to S.O. & Springer off-line for making the assumption that netchicken was a "founding member". That assumption was from the fact that his UID was 2 and the date he registered (as shown in the members board, anyway) was only one day after SimonGray. That was an incorrect assumpion, as S.O. clearly pointed out due to the various databases used to store member information over the years, converting into new databases, etc...

For that assumption I apologize to the entire ATS member community. The header "founding member" and the strong insinuations contained inside that report should never have been included. It was a product of three people compounding on each other's strong suspicions. I accept full responsibility for that part of it. What I should have done (in addition to vetting the member data through S.O.) is presented the report from step A through Z with the facts only, period. It was certainly a NOT an example of unbiased journalism - and I in no way claim to be a journalist. For my part I do accept responsibility for the suspicions and assumptions regarding ATS and for the additional suspicion those caused inside and outside of ATS - I do take responsibility and apologize to the entire ATS member community for that...

However, I need to follow that up with a statement that should anyone choose to use the above statement to attack me yet again, I still defend the release of this information publicly and the revealing of this hoax. I've found that every inch a person gives in these forums, either in the form of an apology or admission of any kind, a new breed of attacks pop up from people who cling to any small sign of weakness in order to attack someone.

In addition to all of those attacks though, on a lighter note, I've received a lot of very kind notes off-line from people (some mods too actually) with thanks for digging into this matter and getting to the bottom of it, and I just wanted to thank everyone who sent a note for those kind words. If anything else comes up like this, I may not be the one to volunteer to post the info. The messenger does tend to take a beating. However since the next round will most likely be vetted through S.O. and/or Springer, I'm sure the beating will be much less painful.

With Much Respect,
-rdube02

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have to say that despite all the hype, Serpo was one of the least interesting events ever on ATS. As for the "netchicken prank," all I can say is: I don't get it; what was the point?

As for ATS, we will fare well, so long as we all move on. Serpo was, after all, "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
rdube02

You took your beating like a man and showed a lot of integrity throughout. That will get respect from this particular member every time.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
Ahh...well said Lazarus. Yes, i've apologized to S.O. & Springer off-line for making the assumption that netchicken was a "founding member". That assumption was from the fact that his UID was 2 and the date he registered (as shown in the members board, anyway) was only one day after SimonGray.

I'm pretty sure the exact reason for this is that when we transitioned from Ikonboard to XMB (at a distant time when yours truly was running everything, not very well either
), I basically introduced a clean install of XMB onto the server and registered myself as the first user.

Once I did this, I sent out a message to all the staff of the existing forums system that the next generation board was installed and ready to receive registrations. Netchicken was obviously the first off the mark and hence his registration was UID 2. After staff were advised of the new system, I advised members and things evolved from there.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Ahh...well said Lazarus.
For that assumption I apologize to the entire ATS member community. The header "founding member" and the strong insinuations contained inside that report should never have been included. It was certainly a NOT an example of unbiased journalism - and I in no way claim to be a journalist. For my part I do accept responsibility for the suspicions and assumptions regarding ATS and for the additional suspicion those caused inside and outside of ATS - I do take responsibility and apologize to the entire ATS member community for that...

With Much Respect,
-rdube02

No more needed to say friend.

I can now trust that you are the person of integrity that you claim...
lumps taken, love/respect given...
You just gained respect in my eyes, and i hope everyone else as well...

I look forward to more of your well researched work...
And I do hope you continue to dig, and poke, and neddle where you need to, in the pursuit of truth...

With much respect in return.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I look forward to more of your well researched work...

Just what this forum needs, more divide - more people looking into one another, poking around in peoples private lives. Even better, why not just begin to find peoples IPs and link them to stuff?

Let the staff do their job, stop with such worthless public drama which can only divide people. There was a reason, or at least I was told there was one, as to why people do not discuss members being banned. This level of treatment won't help things, if something is done or said that harms the site Simon and the other two main "owners" should be informed, so they can deal with it.

Otherwise, you subject everyone to a level of backstabbing and more pointless grouping. We don't need such a divide...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes, and let the staff speak for itself.
This individual investigated and uncovered part of this particular conspiracy. The member became part of the story, therefore, the investigation and uncovering of this was proper and good.

The division did not occur because of the revelation, the division was already there.

We are not afraid of the truth, Odium, because the staff's position is a gopod position. Is it possible for a member to go over the edge? Sure. This isn't the first time it has occured and probably won't be the last, but because of the involvement in this particular hoax, of course this thread was proper.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Just what this forum needs, more divide..

Give me a break! This thread hasn't divided anybody. I personally, have never read a post by you that had even a hint of anything critical to say towards ATS, and your last post was no different. Maybe they don't care either way but I think it's working through problems and handling criticism in a civilized manner that only helps to strengthen management's credibility. They have done that here, yet members like yourself can't seem to holster their weapon and stop firing. For what reason might that be?

BTW, your last post, sir, was dramatic.

Peace

p.s. The word "drama" is so tired.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You have voted Majic for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

yes me to here...a WELL DESERVED way above to Magic.......

That was VERY well said Sir!
(my cat even likes you now)

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Just what this forum needs, more divide - more people looking into one another, poking around in peoples private lives. Even better, why not just begin to find peoples IPs and link them to stuff?

Otherwise, you subject everyone to a level of backstabbing and more pointless grouping. We don't need such a divide...

With all due respect Huh?

I don't see where this thread (and my comments) is dividing ATS...

I merely had a bone to pick with Rdube02 regarding responsibility towards ones actions...and he answered with respect, and honor...

mistakes happen, but the actions that follow- tell the color of charachter

This isn't dividing, it's healing...

Ahwww, I think you just need a big hug and some cheesecake...
on me.
with respect

[edit on 16-3-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
First off I just want to say to rdube with this information, good work. I could care less about the excuses people make here for netchicken. If your going to claim that netchicken had no part in any of this or doubt some of the "facts" of rdubes story(original posted material), PLEASE do some research before opening your mouth. Its one thing to criticize his story by questioning its credibility or motive, and its another to go and disprove it. In the end, if you dont agree dont sit on your ass and do nothing about it, prove it wrong.

The only mistake rdube may have made was calling netchicken a founder. Big deal. People get on his case about that. Skeptic corrected him, but others were still opening their mouth about it becuase they dont want to look into the rest of his story and the facts he presented.

Before you go rdube02 may I ask what exactly was your intention in posting this thread?

Its pretty obvious. Netchicken has been running his mouth on stories he doesnt agree with. And he uses his super mod status as credibility that he is right, but in reality he shoots his mouth off and runs off when someone addresses his reply. I could care less about the people here whinning about starting "drama." Life is drama, get used to it and deal with it. People here should be thankful that a fraud was exposed. So that makes one less person we have to listen to and take seriously. His past track record of hoaxes and getting banned speaks for itself as far as credibility goes. And I am glad this was brought to attention for all members to see.

Oh no you don't! I know you're reading this. I want a public apology afterall his humiliation was public. I'm sure somebody can knock one up.

No one should have to apologize to fakes, phonies, con-artists, and liars. Wasnt netchicken a skeptic of the paranormal? He shot down many stories as lies. Yet the irony, is that he himself is the liar. Why should he deserve any justice? Perhaps he should be the one apologizing.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
...but him and two other members investigating other members isn't going to? Oh come on...

Last I checked, this site catered for a part of society which desired to find the truth. Many of them do not desire to see their private life, their jobs, etc, linked to these sort of forums.

What's the purpose of places like RATS if they're not to keep a level of secrecy between poster and what is posted. I can understand the forum staff doing something like this, that makes perfect sense or a member finding out something and giving it to the staff...but "looking" into other members.

What happens, when with this level of "credibility" they pick another person, then another, then another? We already can see how people make mistakes...linking Netchicken with directly stalking Skeptic and so on and so fourth...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I see your point,
As far as the effect this disclosure has had on NetChicken,
I couldn't care less...

he DIDN'T apologize...
and quite frankly, when this was brought to my attention, I did the research, and went to his site, to see what he would say...

his idea of humor is setting regular joe Razorwing up as a fall guy, and then when the ATS Banned razorwing goes to HIS site to post (since NC had him screwed here)
NC haphazardly removes the guys posts... just to "joke around"
that is just sick man... twisted...

I have seen NC's quality of posts go way down, and in fact, many times he just trolled and baited (opps I said it)... not really doing anything but messing with people... between this and what he did to SO, he deserves what he gets.

Am i letting Rdube02 off lightly... nah...
I waited for him to accept full responsibility, and he did with good grace...
a lesser man woulda run and hid.
I also wanted him to learn from his main mistake, and he did that as well...
I dont think he will start any drama without checking facts first...
and that might be the begining of a talented investigative journalist...

I realize that with your experience, you might see this type of report as dangerous... and you have it right... it would never fly in professional journalism...

but this is the internet, and the shear fact that the guy is a "standup and take it" kind of guy goes far with me...

as to the other two, that is for another day

but regardless, I feel as rdube02 does...
truth is the most important... mistakes can be made up for, and you learn with every lesson...

Odium, In the light of peace, and progress...
If you think that rdube02 methods of investigation are dangerous or rude, then offer advice, or maybe even offer to train him (i assume him, based on avatar)

hell, I would be honored to be able to learn from you...
and it isn't arrogant of you to think likewise...
you got good stuff man

And Rdube02... if you want to learn from someone who has done the hard time, and has done some great work, Odiums the guy... (check out some of his first posts)
it never hurts to sharpen skills or gain knowledge...

again.
respect to all mentioned...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join