It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of threatening emails regarding Serpo has been discovered to be Netchicken

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
An ATS Mystery Solved

IT WAS ATS FOUNDING MEMBER #2 (netchicken's name removed) (“netchicken”) WHO SENT THE SHARPMAIL “ATS WILL RIP YOUR INTEGRITY OUT” ABUSIVE MESSAGE TO (BILL-RYAN).

SMOKING GUN PROOF – FULL DETAILS HERE:

All unbiased skeptics and believers alike are going to love this little drama. We've got intrigue. We've got espionage. If you take the time to follow this fascinating tale below, you will learn much of what has occurred behind the scenes, and which I am pleased to now provide to the public. Here, I am only providing the facts. Draw your own conclusions.

I am providing this information here, as well as to Victor Martinez to stream to his list. As I told S.O. in a previous thread, I owe allegience to no forum and no person, just the truth. And I'm annoyingly persistant until I find it. But I couldn't have found it without the work of two fantastic investigators who actually did most of the work.

I'm going to present to you something that myself and a small team of fantastic investigators uncovered over the past couple of weeks. I will leave the identities of my fellow investigators private, if they would like to reveal themselves they can.

First Attempt

As most of you who have followed the Serpo drama know, back in Mid February Laura Jadczyk received a strange email from B.R. (can't say his name here due to ATS's filter). In this email that Laura received, it looked like Bill had forwarded her a nasty note from ATS (attacking him) and it looked like Bill was pleading with her for help. Laura then attempted to confirm the first email with Bill, and Bill told her that he HAD received the fake email as well, but he had NOT contacted her about it because he knew from the "sharpmail" footer that it was a fake. Laura then used the email header to expose the email as a hoax. Someone was trying to "fake" an atmosphere of animosity between ATS and Bill and to stir up the drama.

Second Attempt:

A few weeks later, a new member who had recently registered both here at ATS and over on the LA forum, received a strange email from someone claiming ATS was attacking them. The email was the same exact email that Laura had received only weeks earlier. Thinking he had a huge breaking story, he posted it to ATS and LA - and was promptly booted from ATS (for attempting to access "admin" areas).

The investigation continues:

After this second occurrance, we realized something much more sinister was going on. So using the sharpmail ID from the header of both emails, we contacted Sharpmail to report the abuse of their system. Sharpmail will provide the identities of anyone using their email system for abuse. They provided us with the following information. This information was identical for BOTH emails - the one sent to Laura, and the one sent to razorwing.

-------------
> Username : spanner1 NO
> Password : ********
> First Name : firstname
> Last Name : lastname
> Email Address : -removed-
> Location : Oceania
> Registered : Wed. Jan. 11, 2006 19:49:30
> Last Logged in : Wed. Mar. 8, 2006 6:45:19
> Last IP Address : 203.97.xxx.xxx
-------------

In the first case, the spoofed (faked) address was [email protected]. In the second case, it was [email protected]. Being that the IP address traced to New Zealand, I was certain this was a proxy server used to anonymize the IP. However, this wasn't the case, as you'll see...

Searching the domain ihug.co.nz, we quickly discovered that (removed) had created some webspace "homepages.ihug.co.nz/~(removed)/" Digging around in those public web directories, we found a couple of interesting ATS pictures, whois2.gif, and whois3.gif - both pictures with ATS text in them, our first direct link between the hoaxed Emails and ATS.

Digging a little further, we discovered an online forum where a person named (netchicken's first name removed) (netchicken's last name removed) was asking a question about "his website". Inside his html which he posted, he provided the link to HIS website, the (removed) website above. So now we knew the name of our (removed) who sent both hoaxed emails. In fact, most likely his full name is (netchicken's first name removed) [removed], and he is from New Zealand. His profile showed that he is (at least in 2001) a teacher.

But, of course, while we now had solid proof who the hoaxter was and where he lived, and a very tenuous link to ATS, there was no conclusive link to ATS, so we needed to dig further to verify or disprove, either way. If you're interested now....wait until you read on...

One of the weblinks in "homepages.ihug.co.nz/~(removed)/" we discovered a weblink to "W3C CSS Validator results for stuffucanuse.com..." Upon checking the registry information for stuffucanuse.com, we discover that the website is owned and registered by none other than (netchicken's first name removed) (with email address -removed-). On this website, (netchicken's first name removed) posts as Netchicken - the "super administrator" of the stuffucanuse site - i.e. the owner. Furthermore, the ATS super mod Zedd has also posted there.

So, politely and carefully (don't want to get banned for going anywhere we're not supposed to now!) we found ATS member Netchicken here on ATS. Netchicken registered here at ATS right after Simon Gray. He has a UID of 2. This would make him one of the founding members.

Of course, I know for all of you die-hard skeptics who analyze alleged ufo photos pixel by pixel, this isn't enough. So I provide one more fact for you. Member Netchicken's signature, on ATS, is as follows: "signature: Whats new on the Stuffucanuse Forums?"

All emails (including those from the owners of sharpmail), links, registry searches, and all other evidence will be made available at anyone's request. We have nothing to hide. In the end, the truth will always prevail.

And let the chips fall where they may.

-rdube02

[edit on 15-3-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 15-3-2006 by rdube02]

(edit to remove full-name and email)

[edit on 15-3-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Benedict, maybe change the name of the thread, "Net chicken Attempted to Create Drama Between ATS and Bill Ryan "

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Benedict, maybe change the name of the thread, "Net chicken Attempted to Create Drama Between ATS and Bill Ryan "

Done. Good point BTW. Ignoring the "Benedict" snipe by the way.

-Ry

[edit on 15-3-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Netchicke was removed from staff several months ago, primarily because of pranks like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The insinuation in rdube02's post that Netchicken did this with our knowledge or consent is utterly WRONG. If we knew about it we'd have told everyone immediately.

Springer...

[edit on 3-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Am i correct in thinking that the only thing you have to connect this to netchicken is the email address (removed)@ihug.co.nz?

Could that address not have been added purposefully so that when some one finally did track down who had sent the emails it looked like it had come from someone at ATS?

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Burgess]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
ahhhhhhh the internet.

/slurp

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Looks like netchicken has been given the boot.

Guess we wont be hearing his side of the story.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm shocked.

I left a place that had a whole bunch of stuff like that happening
from management.

Glad to see the three amigos have been, and still are, aware
of these things and that they police up after it.

Good work to the author of this thread.

Wonder if netchicken will be back once folks see what he's been up to.
I'd be too embarassed.

QUESTION - is this why our drama alert has been raised to red??

[edit on 3/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
Am i correct in thinking that the only thing you have to connect this to netchicked is the email address (removed)@ihug.co.nz?

Could that address not have been added purposefully so that when some one finally did track down who had sent the emails it looked like it had come from someone at ATS?
[edit on 15-3-2006 by Burgess]

Probably - but it would be a pretty neat trick to get the IP which sharpmail tracked the person with as well. It would require not just using a proxy server to anonymize your IP, but also selecting a particular IP. Possible but not very likely. The sender of the sharpmail was netchicken.

-Ry

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The insinuation in rdube02's post that Netchicken did this with our knowledge or consent is utterly WRONG. If we knew about it we'd have told everyone immediately.

Springer...

[edit on 3-15-2006 by Springer]

Actually Springer - judging from the reaction of you and S.O. to this, it is proof positive that you were both unaware of this and have handled it appropriately. I apologize for the insinuation - but as I'm sure you understand, the possibility of fighting city hall isn't one to take lightly.

I'm very pleased to see you guys have handled this well. Kudos to the three amigos.

-Ry

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The exact IP (removed from the initial post) compares with an exact IP that Netchicken had used to create posts here on ATS.

It really is sad to see a former staff member (and friend) revert to this.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

stranj how the net works isnt it. IRL I'd think we'd act more social less drama and backstabbing. I guess cause the consequnces and not being anonymous change that unless youre just scandalous to begin with. You stir up enough # your hands are bound to get dirty.

lying to mah face again

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The exact IP (removed from the initial post) compares with an exact IP that Netchicken had used to create posts here on ATS.

It really is sad to see a former staff member (and friend) revert to this.

At S.O.'s request (and I completely agree) - I've removed my original insinuations that the ownership of ATS was involved here. As I said above, based on their reactions, it's obvious this was just a high-level member resorting to game-playing, which ended up dragging ATS's name through the mud...

-Ry

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
stranj how the net works isnt it. IRL I'd think we'd act more social less drama and backstabbing.

Oh, please! What world do YOU live in? Can I join?

It's really a shame about him, though. :shk:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
At S.O.'s request (and I completely agree) - I've removed my original insinuations that the ownership of ATS was involved here.

rdube02

Actually, with each subsequent post in this thread it becomes more and more suspicious.

I'm not saying anything, just making an observation.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why did Victor send this out to his list before checking with us?

Subject: HOAX! ATS Hoaxed E-mails to Bill Ryan to Feed Frenzy and Boost Ratings

– UFO COMMUNITY ROCKED BY SIN, SLEAZE AND SCANDAL! –

– – – "OH MY GOD!" – – –

UFO COMMUNITY BREAKING NEWS BOMBSHELL! FULL-FIELD INVESTIGATION OF THE
IMMENSELY POPULAR 'ABOVE TOP SECRET' ONLINE FORUM ALLEGES THAT ATS
KNOWINGLY, PURPOSELY, WILLFULLY AND WITH MALICE AFORETHOUGHT STAGED,
FAKED AND HOAXED E-MAILS IN ORDER TO BOOST THEIR ONLINE RATINGS AND
"HITS!'

SPIN: "TO CREATE AND FEED THE DRAMA BETWEEN ATS AND "Project SERPO"
OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON BILL RYAN! TO CREATE A TIDAL WAVE OF SENSATIONAL
AND IRRATIONAL HATE TOWARD BILL RYAN FROM FROM COAST TO COAST, BORDER TO
BORDER!

COULD THESE ALLEGATIONS BE TRUE FROM AN INSIDER?! HOW WILL ATS RESPOND
TO THESE SHOCKING CHARGES WHICH IT NOW FACES AND THE POTENTIAL
IRREPARABLE HARM TO ITS REPUTATION WITHIN THE ONLINE COMMUNITY?!

READ THE SHOCKING BLOW-BY-BLOW, RIVETING DETAILS AS LAID OUT IN THE
ATTACHED COMPOSITE E-MAIL!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

HOW WILL ATS RESPOND TO THESE SHOCKING CHARGES
WHICH IT NOW FACES AND THE POTENTIAL IRREPARABLE HARM
TO ITS REPUTATION WITHIN THE ONLINE COMMUNITY?!

ATS banned the perp, that's how it reacted.
As far as irreparable harm?? Hardly!
(he sure needs to get over himself, doesn't he?)

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What exactly was (netchicken's first name removed) (netchicken's last name removed)'s motive? To set up ATS to look like they are picking on B.R.? It seems like if (netchicken's first name removed) (netchicken's last name removed) had a grudge againts ATS, he could think of something better than that. And why include or use B.R. or anything related to Serpo.

It seems the overall purpose was to threaten BR. Now its been investigated, and quite well I might add, and ATS disavows any knowledge of their rogue agent. As a matter of fact they banned him a while ago. How convenient!

One of the best defenses is to deny, deny, deny. This all seems very, very suspicious to me. I can't, in my own mind, let ATS off the hook that easy. This seems to be a disturbing developement that one shouldn't disregard simply because ATS denies it.

Again, great investigative work by Rdube02 and his "team"

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A couple things. Netchicken has been known to play pranks in the past and like all pranks...some are funny and some are not.

Any pranks that were played in the past were NEVER officially sanctioned by ATS and in fact I remember specific cases where the staff was told to CEASE PRANKING when it became known that such was happening. That warning was from SkepticOverlord himself.

I also thought I would mention that yes, I posted to his forum and so have other staff members here. Being friends, we posted there during certain times, such as when ATS was down for various reasons.

It is sad to see ATS' name dragged into this and while I'm sure that wasn't what Netchicken intended...it's one of those pranks that backfired. The reason it didn't get addressed before? Nobody knew who did it until now...obviously.

As for that email from Victor, now THAT looks like an email to "Feed Frenzy and Boost Ratings" in some way. Just read it. It reads like an infomercial.

And if you're looking for "truth", then you should know I pegged Netchicken for the email some time back (and informed an Owner of ATS) but we never had proof. Only suspicion based on the past.

In the end...no big drama other than a former staff member, member, and friend did something that was at odds with the wishes of other staff members, members, and friends. Life happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join