It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Secrets of Levitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did ancient civilizations possess knowledge that has since been lost to science? Were amazing technologies available to the ancient Egyptians that enabled them to construct the pyramids - technologies that have somehow been forgotten?

The ruins of several ancient civilizations - from Stonehenge to the pyramids - show that they used massive stones to construct their monuments. A basic question is why? Why use stone pieces of such enormous size and weight when the same structures could have been constructed with more easily managed smaller blocks - much like we use bricks and cinderblocks today?

Could part of the answer be that these ancients had a method of lifting and moving these massive stones - some weighing several tons - that made the task as easy and manageable as lifting a two-pound brick? The ancients, some researchers suggest, may have mastered the art of levitation, through sonics or some other obscure method, that allowed them to defy gravity and manipulate massive objects with ease.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
good idea! also If they were man made, who says that they couldn't have had a little ET help in building them?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've always wanted to have a study done on children growing up. What the study would do is place the children in an... "open-minded" collective, where the kids are taught that dragons do exist, magic is possible, and so on. This would help erase "societies" belief structure, and place within their growing minds a sense of "anything is possible".

The way I figure it, ancient man was more open minded, more able to free-think, without the constrants of societies rules and ideas of the truth. Starting with children, we may be able to access the "forgotten" knowledge or abilities... especially if you consider that over 80% of our brain is unused.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones Witnessed By Scientist

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Do some research on Coral Castle in Florida....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Soothsayer: I am trying to raise my children as open minded as possible, I'll let you know in about 20 years!

Coral Castle is very neat, I have studied as much as I can. The creator of Coral Castle wrote an interesting treatise on magnetism that I think may have been based on his experiences building it. Some also believe he did it with sound waves.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm almost positive it has something to do with sound waves. I'm searching for the article, bare with me. In this article, a researcher found some hyroglyphs that detailed how from the quarry where the stones were cut along the road would be several large medal rods on both sides of the road. As the stones on the pallets (if you will) would move along, men with medal rods, would bang the other rods posted along the road, and it would seem to "lift" the heavy stones. Coral Castle is an awesome story. The neighbords from him never saw him work during the day, and it would have been impossible for him to move those stones alone. He had also stated he was able to make the castle because he had "found the secret to the Egyptians".

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
gazroc

yes thats something i am reading up on at the moment
so if you know any good links ill be greatfull

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I don't know much about the Coral Castle (am learning) but I do know quite a bit about massive structures of the ancient world.

No levitation, no magnetism, and definitely no frickin aliens.

An equal mix of human ingenuity, slave labor, and years and years of toil are how all these massive structures were built.

Most of them were commissioned by rulers of their respective countries at the time (pharoahs in Egypt, god-kings in Maya, natives on Easter Island, etc.). Most of them had a purpose for being built (funerary, religious, political).

I'm sure there's some technologies that we've lost records of, but it's probably one of those situations where the answer is right in front of our faces and we just don't see it.

I've heard lots of theories on the pyramids. The best I've heard is that they were only constructed during the flood season, when people couldn't work anyway. They'd float these huge stones down rivers and estuaries and use tens of thousands of workers, many of whom died from the exertion.

To think that they were constructed by aliens is denying the fact that we humans can do frickin ANYTHING if we set our minds to it.

jakomo

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

No levitation, no magnetism, and definitely no frickin aliens.

An equal mix of human ingenuity, slave labor, and years and years of toil are how all these massive structures were built.

Jakomo

Really?

Then why have numerous engineers, historians, and scholars have said that if they take the same amount of people today as the Egyptians used to build one pyramid the people of today couldn't do it?

The Egyptians knew something we don't know.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ilmatic67: Because we're lazy and we've relied on technology for so long.

Also, the people were building these pyramids for their pharoahs, the living embodiment of gods. That, and the crack of a whip, will get a lot done.

I've seen dozens of viable explanations as to how the stones of the pyramids were moved, none of which involved magic or levitation or Martians. They're all over the net, too.

Viable explanations, not Martians.

j

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
one good theory was that the egyptians used wood to make the blocks into wheels and then make dirt roads up the pyramid. The wood was like half a circle on one sid and half on the other. Therefore the block of stone became a wheel.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Ilmatic67: Because we're lazy and we've relied on technology for so long.

Also, the people were building these pyramids for their pharoahs, the living embodiment of gods. That, and the crack of a whip, will get a lot done.

I've seen dozens of viable explanations as to how the stones of the pyramids were moved, none of which involved magic or levitation or Martians. They're all over the net, too.

Viable explanations, not Martians.

j

Exactly, you said it. We're lazy, they weren't. They were determined, we're not. Just because we have all this technology doesn't make us a wise population. Technology only makes the people lazier and dumber.

The ancients were the smartest people to walk the earth, ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Cryptojoe, a former Army Civil Engineer and member of SAE explains in this thread how the pyramids were built. ( with pictures)

HOW THE PYRAMIDS WERE BUILT
You will have to become a member, but you will finally know how the pyramids were really built.

new topics

top topics

join