It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccans you are in big trouble...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo:
I'll use your own terminology here such as sprites, fairies etc. What are they?

I personally don't connect with lower elemental entities such as fairies. I don't even know if I believe in them and from what I have read about them, they can be quite mischevious. I usually connect myself with God/Goddess and Angels. However, I am not wiccan, I am simply a solitary pagan with my own beliefs that don't quite follow wicca.

Originally posted by denythestatusquo:
If you draw upon the universal constant or the basis of existance then why do you need spells and incantations? I do not see the need for these myself. Furthermore it is believed that negative forces do like and prefer ritual as a means to summon them. I know at this point you will mention religion and I can't blame you but that alludes to my response just above this one.

Personally I don't feel the "need" for spells. I do them ocasionally when I feel I need a little extra assistance or guidence from God. To me it's not really different from the concept of prayer. Christians pray in order to give God thanks and to ask him for assistance, thats what I am doing when I perform a spell. Also a lot of christians will burn candles and incense and display chants and hand gestures when they pray, much like pagans do when they perform spells.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Whitelightwolf,

You said you were a Wiccan for six years. You're 17, right? Did you study Wicca under the guidance of your parents, or was this something you did in secret?

What caused you to convert to Christianity?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf

....... wicca...is wrong.

The only GOD you should be worshipping and believing in is the all mighty creator GOD. not some stupid goat with horns...or egyptian gods.

Becareful when insulting the gods of others...remember what happened with the recent dutch cartoon of Mohammad...(glad you didnt draw a cartoon )

"And God said, Let us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness...." The word Elohim is PLURAL Read about Elohim here

Wiccans worship many other gods, not just one. This is why it is bad!
I would like to invite you to explore the word Elohim found in Genisis.

Amen.
Were you praying?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Also, all the witches I have seen look a little funny with all the glitter stuff on(Why do they wear so much jewelry?) and talk funny(Blessed Be after everything, like Canadians with Eh)

And Xians with Praise the Lord,halleluah,et cetra,etcetra,etcetra.
How many xians realize that everyime they praythey call on a Pagan Diety?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I admire what you've attempted to do here and also the bravery it must have taken to post your testimony!

But unfortunately if you continue this way, you aren't going to get very many positive responses whether it's online or in person. Accepting Jesus into your heart as your saviour does not give you a free pass to go and place judgement on others, especially when for example, days before, you were right where they are.

It's much like quitting smoking; you don't quit and then go and tell all your "smoker" friends or even strangers what a horrible thing they are doing to themselves etc etc..

I can empathise with how you feel though. When people come to know and accept Jesus for the first time in their life it is overwhelming and quite elating and believe me, you DO want to share the good news with the world! But just try not to be so hastey in passing judgement in the process. Instead, share your testimony in more enriching fashion rather than in a hypocritical one.

*Most of all*..be patient and kind with your fellow brothers and sisters of this world. Because not everyone is seeking and not everyone is ready. Remember that all people have their own walk in life and some people walk slower, but there is no time to our Heavenly Father

God Bless!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
so it is evil to worship natural REAL things that are a part of nature but it is righteous to worship a so called creator that you cannot see nor see the truth from. Your god and your truth is hidden behind lies upon lies. Your god casts these so called prophets which arent even prophets its just a way of saying lets open churches that pay no taxes let us take from and not giveth. haha those are no prophets just profit. that is all christianity and any other church based relegion is. not including buddhism. i do not believe wiccan is bad or evil. I just think it is a true way to get in touch with nature and natures true wrath. Like they say, if you cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
i just wanted to make a quick post about a certain point i heard.

beer guy made a comment

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
Worshipping anything isn't like being on the internet, your thoughts don't magically get redirected to something else than what you intended them to go to.
Tell me exactly how a Wiccan could celebrate nature and unknowingly be worshipping Satan? (Wiccans don't even believe in Satan)

several people have also mentioned that you can worship anything you want. which is true. anybody can do whatever they want.

but lets assume for a moment that there is an absolute truth. and for the sake of the discussion over satan, lets assume this absolute truth is written about in the bible.

so in our assumption, jehovah and jesus are real. so is satan and his demons. if satan i trying to alienate mankind from god so that they worship himself, what are some tactics he would use?

the first would be to pervert true worship. there are 2 ways this can be done, direct and indirect. direct is getting the people to do the complete opposite of something god told us to do. so examples include taking the fruit when eve was told not to. satan asking jesus for worship in return for the kingdoms of the world. both eve and jesus understood what was going on. indirect is obviously more subtle. you take true worship and you twist it alittle. take the commandment by jesus to remmeber his death, add a few other traditions and call it easter. bible talks about god and the son being unitied in purpose, maybe we can twist a few scriptures and worship a trinity.

the second would be to hide the truth. several ways you can do that. the first is the most logical. if you want to hide a tree, plant a forest. come up with as many different beliefs as fast as you can. that way its harder for anyone to see which is the true religion. this also suits satan just fine too because he does want to be worshiped. appear to someone in a vision and say im so-so the god this or of that and there you have it, a new belief. also remember that the best lies have a ring of truth to it. if satan lies, would it be surprising that he would use other names, or wear other faces? his demons too. the second way you can hide it is by fogging the bible. when christianity incorporated false teaching and worship, is it any surprise that they killed laymen who read the bible? translators too were killed for trying to translate the bible to normal tongue instead of latin. the logic was simple, if people read the bible, they would not support the church and would see it for the apostacy it was.

the third would be to persecute those who worships god the way he wants. this takes so many forms. it can be verbal abuse to killing.

the fourth would be to target the mentality of people. this one involves pushing them to worship anything different than god but also to add that it doesnt really matter. all roads lead to god.

again, for the sake of the agruement im making certain assumtions, whether or not the bible is real is a different discussion. im only trying to address those 2 points from a christian point of view

[edit on 28-5-2008 by miriam0566]

[edit on 28-5-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I keep seeing people mention satan in the garden of eden.
I always thought the devils name was lucifer? I mean if people are going to call the bible "true" you could at least get the names right..

[edit on 28-5-2008 by riley]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What is interesting to me is that christians believe that if they do not worship their god they will go to hell. Also anyone else who does not worship their god will go to hell. But other religions believe that if you do not worship their god you will go to hell...

Seems to me to be on the safe side one would have to become polythiastic. I mean if you really want to cover your bases might want to worship all faiths in order to secure your soul for heaven.

Or...

One could just realise that god, no matter what form or pretext it exists in is there, and worship that deity. I mean I wonder if god really cares what you call it or even if it cares that you worship it? I mean thats a tad bit shallow for a deity to require worship if you ask me.

Personally I have what in my belief is pretty clear cut evidence that there is an afterlife but the "trial" or judgement isn't as harsh as some faiths make it out to be. I don't believe in eternal damnation. Fact of the matter is, that this existance is probably as close to hell as one is going to get. I mean can anyone really tell me how fire and torture will hurt after one dies and is lacking nerve cells connected to a ceribral cortex? Kinda makes the lake of fire pretty much a mute point.

Also it is odd to me that fire being the universal clenser, would not act upon a soul, if there were a hell, to burn away impurities and thus clense the soul of sin, if there was such a thing. So if one follows this belief in hell there would only be a certain length of time the soul would have to spend in damnation in order for it to be clensed. Afterwards the purified soul could return to the godhead as immaculate as it first entered into this plane of existance.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I keep seeing people mention satan in the garden of eden.
I always thought the devils name was lucifer? I mean if people are going to call the bible "true" you could at least get the names right..

lucifer is a latin word found in a book that was written before latin existed.

besides that, the passage was refering to the babylonian king, not satan.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I believe there is good to be found in every religion. Instead of focusing on what is bad you can focus on what is good and adopt it. Perhaps the polytheistic character of Wicca may not appeal to most people, but the deep love and respect those who practice this religion feel for the Earth and nature in general is certainly very positive. You can still believe in God and Jesus, but you can also adopt Wiccan's positive and loving attitude towards nature.

It doesn't have to be one thing. There is truth to be found everywhere. The problem is that most of us are so often blinded by our personal biases and fanatical attitude that we block ourselves from seeing the truth that exists around us...

Alexandros

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This sounds exactly like the usual hypocritical across the board "holier than thou" tripe that Christianity and similar religions dish out to the people that dont agree with them.

As a scholar of Wicca myself i can tell right off the bat that you clearly misunderstand and misconstrue the concept of the deity some of our brothers and sisters refer to as Pan .

One would think that after the 6 or so years that you claim to have practiced Wicca that you would have gained at least a small understanding about it .

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
You wiccans are in trouble, and if you do not give up your "cult" you will surely perish...

Cult?! Do you even read what you type? I thought arrogantly flaming a subject that you claim to understand but clearly are lacking in knowledge of was bad, let alone spreading your anti - wiccan, self righteous and hypocritical
philosophy so blindly .

I am now a christian...and it is better than wicca. Why? Because it is good. And wicca is bad.

Im glad you could paint such a bright and informative picture for us.For a moment there it almost sounded like the usual blind, uneducated crap that is usually put forth by some people on this subject.

.I used to be wiccan myself for about 6 years. I was loving it. You could cast spells, you could contact spirits, you would celebrate holidays and do rituals, you would do all sorts of neat stuff. I was a big fan, and I took it very seriously.

That paragraph is one big contradiction.

Your thoughts on this and the way you express these things leaves me with the impression that you were in no way a serious practitioner of the craft.
If you were interested in the subject, you seem like you were interested in it for all the wrong reasons. The manner in which you claimed you did all this "neat" stuff leads me to believe that you really didn't and still do not understand the concept of Wicca, that is why i find your opening post to be arrogant and unfounded but hey , at least you were a "Fan" .

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolfAlright, now lets get to the basics here....I used to be wiccan myself for about 6 years. I was loving it. You could cast spells, you could contact spirits, you would celebrate holidays and do rituals, you would do all sorts of neat stuff. I was a big fan, and I took it very seriously.

Cool! Did you reach Frostbolt rank 7?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whitelightwolf

I disagree totally with the first reply.

Its our duty as christians to spread the Good news......AND.......... to warn of the consequences of Sin. Wicca is sinning against God. God always gives the consequences of following him and not following him.

To let someone sin, knowing what you do is worse than the sinner doing it.

I applaud your post, personally im sick to death of flowery Christians that do not have the strength of faith to stand for Jesus.

Good post and praise God for it and that he called you out of evil.

Amen

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
To the OP: what made you an authority on who is "in big trouble?" And are we children? Oh no....you're in trouble!

Come on. It was fine for you when it worked for you. Now it doesn't, so what? Don't be a hypocrite. Live and let live.....

God always finds a way even if us silly humans don't.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Its our duty as christians to spread the Good news......AND.......... to warn of the consequences of Sin. Wicca is sinning against God. God always gives the consequences of following him and not following him.

Good news? What's the good news? It is your "duty" to warn of the consequences of sin? Why? Is it a sin to be a witch? Is that one of them ten commandments? Or, is it one of them mortal sins or deadly sins? Sorry...I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

You see, we are all human. God knows this because He made us. If someone wants to be a Wiccan or a witch or whatever, God is cool with that. HE GAVE US THE FREEDOM TO THINK FOR OURSELVES!!

If God wanted us to be perfect and wonderful like Him, HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE US HUMAN.

Pretty simple logic really!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join