It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Slobodan Milosevic Has Died In Prison

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Slobodan Milosevic has been found dead in his cell in The Hague. This is breaking now so the cause of death is not 100% clear obviously, but they say he had a heart condition.


BBC: Milosevic 'found dead in prison'

Breaking News





Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic has died in The Hague, radio reports and his lawyer says. Steven Kay, Mr Milosevic's lawyer, told BBC News 24 that he had been found dead in his cell on Saturday morning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

*watching for updates* - Please add whatever you like


Relevant Links:
WikiPedia: Slobodan Milošević


Wiki:

On 11 March 2006, B-92, a Belgrade radio station, reported Milošević having been found dead in his cell in The Hague. This report has been confirmed by his lawyer.




posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just heard on CNN that his former defense team want an independant study done on the cause of his death.
No link available yet.

Now he will be held accountable in the only real trial that counts.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
woohoo!! Finally some good news! I hope he rots in hell



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Awesome, this saves a lot of money, he doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in prison anymore.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
woohoo!! Finally some good news! I hope he rots in hell

He really should've had to go through the trial though, been found guilty and sentanced. He's taken the easy way out.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well...

The man is dead

and I must remind you all: He has not been found guilty yet



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Well...

The man is dead

and I must remind you all: He has not been found guilty yet

And donkey's don't like strawberries. The man was obviously guilty of the charges brought against him, but process is process and every man and woman should get a fair trial.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I remember when he was taken to Hague for his Trials, that I thought, how this man is going to Die in his Prison Cell.

I guess I was Right.

But there are some Weird Events these days in Hague.


Associated Press

Steven Kay, a British attorney assigned to represent Milosevic, said Saturday that the former Serb leader would not have fled, and was not suicidal.

"He said to me: 'I haven't taken on all this work just to walk away from it and not come back. I want to see this case through,'" Kay told the British Broadcasting Corp.

Milosevic's death comes less than a week after the star witness in his trial, former Croatian Serb leader Milan Babic, was found dead in the same prison. Babic, who was serving a 13-year prison sentence, committed suicide.

Two Deaths in the same Prison in Less then a Week?



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I remember when he was taken to Hague for his Trials, that I thought, how this man is going to Die in his Prison Cell.

I guess I was Right.

But there are some Weird Events these days in Hague.


Associated Press

Steven Kay, a British attorney assigned to represent Milosevic, said Saturday that the former Serb leader would not have fled, and was not suicidal.

"He said to me: 'I haven't taken on all this work just to walk away from it and not come back. I want to see this case through,'" Kay told the British Broadcasting Corp.

Milosevic's death comes less than a week after the star witness in his trial, former Croatian Serb leader Milan Babic, was found dead in the same prison. Babic, who was serving a 13-year prison sentence, committed suicide.

Two Deaths in the same Prison in Less then a Week?

Why? What would be the motive behind someone (or some group) killing him?



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanton
Why? What would be the motive behind someone (or some group) killing him?

Don't get me Wrong - the Man was GUILTY of all t 66 counts of crimes, including genocide, in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo!

Just - Two Deaths in less then a Week?



[edit on 11/3/06 by Souljah]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
RIP Slobodan Milosevic.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Don't get me Wrong - the Man was GUILTY of all t 66 counts of crimes, including genocide, in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo!

Just - Two Deaths in less then a Week?



Damn, I agree with you. That's not possible. Something's going wrong here.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   


RIP Slobodan Milosevic.


why would you say that..i hope he burns in the darkest and most painful pits of HEll



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY



RIP Slobodan Milosevic.


why would you say that..i hope he burns in the darkest and most painful pits of HEll


The man did bad things, but he was trying to do the best for his people. Which nowdays is very rare.

The left wing media has just set out to make him look like a monster; and they have certainly done a great job at it. But they never show the other side of the story.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by NuclearHead]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
The man did bad things, but he was trying to do the best for his people.


So did Hitler...



Originally posted by NuclearHead
Which nowdays is very rare.


Unfortunately, you're wrong.


Originally posted by NuclearHead
The left wing media has just set out to make him look like a monster; and they have certainly done a great job at it. But they never show the other side of the story.


Because dead bodies look different under a right wing lens? Oh, yeah... I forgot about Katrina.



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by NuclearHead
The man did bad things, but he was trying to do the best for his people.


So did Hitler...



Originally posted by NuclearHead
Which nowdays is very rare.


Unfortunately, you're wrong.


Originally posted by NuclearHead
The left wing media has just set out to make him look like a monster; and they have certainly done a great job at it. But they never show the other side of the story.


Because dead bodies look different under a right wing lens? Oh, yeah... I forgot about Katrina.


Just look at what Bush has done to the US and tell me if his policies are in the best interests of the American people.

Milosevic certainly was guilty on varioius counts for the killing of innocent civilians. But what people failed to understand is he was president during very tough times. His country was splitting apart, and islamic extremism was right around the corner.

Let me remind you of Abraham Lincoln. He pushed his authority to the limit, violated people's civil rights, restricted constitutional rights, put people in prision for expressing their views, etc. All to keep the union together and for the best of his country. Do we whine and blame him for that? Did we put him on trial for that? No. As a matter of fact many of us think he was a great leader.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by NuclearHead]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearHead
Just look at what Bush has done to the US and tell me if his policies are in the best interests of the American people.


Fortunately, it now appears most US citizens recognize they are not.


Originally posted by NuclearHead
Milosevic certainly was guilty on varioius counts for the killing of innocent civilians. But what people failed to understand is he was president during very tough times. His country was splitting apart, and islamic extremism was right around the corner.


Those are not quite the facts of his butchery, now, are they?


Originally posted by NuclearHead
Let me remind you of Abraham Lincoln. He pushed his authority to the limit, violated people's civil rights, restricted constitutional rights, put people in prision for expressing their views, etc. All to keep the union together and for the best of his country. Do we whine and blame him for that? Did we put him on trial for that? No. As a matter of fact many of us think he was a great leader.


Not even comparable! Nor accurate.


To equate Lincoln with Milosevic is absurd.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by loam]



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
One scumbag less on Earth, what a great day

the REAL prison awaits him now in hell where he belongs


NuclearHead, what Milosevic did for Serbia is catapult them back to dark ages. Economy went to hell, human rights too, he stamped them all with "oh, serbs? you mean those guys who commited genocide" tag, instead of investing money in economy, education, fighting poverty and such he wasted everything on military, wars, ethnic cleansing and a failed attempt of conquering the neighbouring countries... yeah right, he was really great for his people



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is what I find interesting


The trial was recessed last week to await his next defense witness. Milosevic also was waiting for a court decision on his request to subpoena former President Clinton as a witness. He was due to complete his defense this summer.

The hundreds of witnesses included former U.S. Gen. Wesley Clark, the NATO commander during the Balkan wars. Milosevic also tried to subpoena former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, former German Chancellor Gerhard Shroeder and British Prime Minister Tony Blair.


Did he knew sometnig what we do not? Or did he have some dirt on them?

Maybe we'll find some hidden truth about this Balkan mess now when Milosevic is gone



posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I agree that his death could have been timely, for some reason, like everything when it comes to this type of trials sometimes the accuse knows information that can hurt lots of people in high places they become a liability.

Perhaps is something more to his death than meet the eyes.

I am waiting when Saddam is found death also form Natural causes one of this days too.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join