It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO found on Hires-Picture in Mexico City?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think its a round-back track mounted light. When I look at my computer screen from an angle I can actually make out the round-back light housing and the ceiling track its mounted to.

Similar to this.

Roundback track lights

I know its almost impossible to see, but I can see it when looking at the image from an angle.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
I think its a round-back track mounted light.

I'm coming around to that idea, instead of the inset can type, although I'm still looking for a black-trimmed eyeball style

There's a LOT of EXIF info on this thing (it looks like the photographer used a Mac and Photoshop CS), but the important thing is that the focal length was 7mm and the image was shot using the full native resolution (2824 diagonal pixels). On a Canon G2 that means the diagonal angle of view is right about 60 degrees.

The 'saucer' is 40 pixels wide, which corresponds to an angle of view of about 0.85 degrees, which then corresponds to a 4" circle seen at 269" (~22'). The distance is calculated from the camera to the window and then to the lamp.

Since no window frame shows, it all depends on the size of the window: if the window was at least 4' wide, our photographer could stand 4' from the window and the lamp was 18' away. If it were an 8' window, the lamp only need be 14' feet from the window, etc.

The hotel was aligned with the other buildings in the scene (and we can then assume that the window was, too), but the camera was not parallel with the window, being tipped back slightly and to the left.

Also, there's a reflection of a bed or couch or something in the lower left corner, and I located suspicious smudges in several other dark areas of the image, so there are other reflections showing.

Judging by the look of the 'bed' in the corner, I could guess that the photographer was either 4' tall or sitting (on the bed, maybe?).

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
rand> Excellent post. I took one look at the pic, suspected it was a reflection and started looking at other parts of it and immediately found what you just pointed out.

So yeah, most probably a reflection, and even if it's not it's not that good a UFO pic.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join