It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO found on Hires-Picture in Mexico City?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hi!

I have found an image from Mexico-City where a flying object is clearly visible.

It seems to be an flying saucer, and this is not a fake because the image
is not on the website to show an UFO.

Maybe someone can enhance the photo to show more details of what it is.

Watch it and tell me what it is, plz.

www.provost.uncc.edu...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have no idea what it is... but I'll take a closer look at the image tomarrow...

Right now, I need sleep. (Too much reading)

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have scaled and sharpened up the object. I have also added more contrast to it. It is not a blimp or something, i think.

Does anyone know what it is?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Reflection of the lamp on the window.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Really!? Strange lamp and on daylight? It does not look like a reflection to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's a pretty cool pic, very interesting.... But probably not anything like a UFO, my opinion... Camera effect (sunlight, glass etc)..

Actually on a 2nd look it could be that the image was scanned and there was a tear on the photo itself... if there was a white sheet behind it then that would show as being the same if not similar to that..

cheers

Andy

[edit on 10/3/06 by prmlscrm]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by allMIGHTY
Hi!

I have found an image from Mexico-City where a flying object is clearly visible.
www.provost.uncc.edu...

Doesn't look like lamp/sunlight/reflection to me - looks just like the classic idea of a UFO.

Do you know who took the pic and why they took it ?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Interesting photo. The enlarged section posted by allMighty sorta' does look like a lamp shade with a bulb under it. However, the overall photo is completely free of any other reflections. Also, the perspective seems to indicate the photographer is standing right at the glass (although cropping may have altered that a bit). If that were a reflection from a lamp behind the camera, its either a little bitty lamp stuck real high on the ceiling, or way across a large room. And apparently the only light source in the room.

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'd estimate that roughly 100% of the hotel rooms I've ever visited had one of these mounted in front of the entry door. Some kind of lighting is almost always required by fire, safety, and/or building codes codes, and these are the most popular type. And yes, you do tend to turn them on during the day, because otherwise it's so dark at the end of that hallway that you can't see your clothes .

Recessed Lighting Trim (page 1 of 4)

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Looks most definitely like recessed lighting from inside reflected on the glass.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes, it absolutely could be a reflection in the glass. But, assuming the glass in front of the camera is providing a mirror image of the room behind the camera, that reflection appears to be out of scale. In, addition, relative to the horizon and other points of perspective, the anomaly appears to be slightly off-kilter. Dead center and down is an office building and all of its horizontal lines appear correct.

Just noticed something...do the vertical lines on the far right and left appear to be 'bowed'. Or is it my glasses?

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotClever
Yes, it absolutely could be a reflection in the glass. But, assuming the glass in front of the camera is providing a mirror image of the room behind the camera, that reflection appears to be out of scale. In, addition, relative to the horizon and other points of perspective, the anomaly appears to be slightly off-kilter. Dead center and down is an office building and all of its horizontal lines appear correct.

Just noticed something...do the vertical lines on the far right and left appear to be 'bowed'. Or is it my glasses?

NC

Yup, field of view distortion. "Scale" of the object would require to know what the room actually looks like. We dont know, the light could be small and 5 ft being or large and 50. It could also be an directional light, such as the high tension lights sold at IKEA.
Maybe like this:
www.ikea.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Reflection of a lamp somewhere in the room. The glass is simply mirroring it.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I may be stepping into a load of doo-doo debating this with jritzmann.

But here goes.

Originally posted by jritzmann
"Scale" of the object would require to know what the room actually looks like

Maybe we could judge the "scale" of something else in the room, like the photographer. I'm seeing a photo taken right at or very close to the glass, judging by the level of detail in the masonry on the left. Figure the photographer at about 5 1/2 feet tall, that's fairly average. Most photographs are taken at eye-level. Now, put yourself in that position and imagine you're looking in a mirror. What is that in relationship to the photographers head? A christmas tree light dangling from the ceiling?

I'm not trying to be obtuse here. The size, position, and perspective of that object does not look like its behind the photographer.

Anybody else? Bueller?.....Bueller?

When I look at an enlarged version I keep getting the optical illusion effect, "is it an empty box, or a solid cube?".

Isn't this better than beamships?

NC

[edit on 10-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I may be stepping into a load of doo-doo debating this with jritzmann.

Not at all.

But here goes.

Originally posted by jritzmann
"Scale" of the object would require to know what the room actually looks like

Maybe we could judge the "scale" of something else in the room, like the photographer. I'm seeing a photo taken right at or very close to the glass, judging by the level of detail in the masonry on the left. Figure the photographer at about 5 1/2 feet tall, that's fairly average. Most photographs are taken at eye-level. Now, put yourself in that position and imagine you're looking in a mirror. What is that in relationship to the photographers head? A christmas tree light dangling from the ceiling?

I'm not trying to be obtuse here. The size, position, and perspective of that object does not look like its behind the photographer.

Anybody else? Bueller?.....Bueller?

When I look at an enlarged version I keep getting the optical illusion effect, "is it an empty box, or a solid cube?".

I see where youre going with the outline you gave, but the other issue, is you dont have a ceiling hieght, nor window hieght. The window hieght may be whats throwing you off, if youre maybe looking at it that the top of the shot is the top of the window. I think the window judging by the perspective of where the light is reflected (high) says the window, or room is higher then it might appear.

We have no idea where the light is, as in wall mount?...ceiling mount? (I think ceiling).

So, there's really too many unknown viables to say how far back it is....guess? Maybe 6-8 ft behind, elevation of maybe a 10 ft ceiling.

What also is a good thing to look at is the nature of the light, and what we think it is.

Have a look here:

You can note the IKEA style chromed relector housing (while it may not be exact, it's a common design often used in these kinda lights) upper left. The object blown up middle.

Look at the nature of the light, and the shape of it's hot spots. See how the irregular edge looks all too similar to the IKEA light? Thats caused by the reflective surface ribbing. You can notice the same style of irregularity in both. Look also at the dim areas of the light. Same as the lamp shown, rather dark nestled areas close into the main hot spot. Look at the off centered darker area on the object, look at the lamp. Adjust your perspective a bit, and theyre close. Of course they aint gonna line up 100% because of the reflective nature of the ribbing and chrome, and the direction it's being looked at.

I hope that explains it ok. The visual should help.

Isn't this better than beamships?

LOL...no question.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Cowed for now.

I'm taking this .jpg home and, gasp...alter it in PhotoShop.

Its offends my spatial sense and will drive me bonkers until I overlay some representations of a human head also reflected in the window.

Two points make this difficult for me. Not knowing how far away from the glass the photographer is, and the heighth of the photographer.

NC

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyonshi
Reflection of the lamp on the window.
Thats exactly what it looks like. With the enhanced image, it only further supports the theory.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Outside the sun is setting and the angle of light is from left to right at about 45 degrees. If sunlight caught the item it would be the underside or the light is a flash as the item tilts just enough to catch all the setting sun. If this is a typical saucer then it may be highly reflective.

otherwise the only fault I see with the image is that it is a bit washed out in relation to all the other light reflected back in the photo.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
As others have said... its prolly reflection of light.

But whats kinda odd is that you cant see any other lights that could be reflecting.
(If there is any other light source for that room)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
You should not focus on the cropped picture of the object. On the original
Photo it really not seems to be a light reflection in the room.
On the object you can see a shadow between the upper and under disc or what it is. Does light reflections, reflect shadows?
Also the "light reflection" should reflect the wall or ground where it was installed.

On the original photo, it really not seems to be a light reflection.

I will try to enhance the details of the object to solve this mystery

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join