It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian negotiator boasts of fooling Europeans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

THE man who for two years led Iran's nuclear negotiations has laid out in unprecedented detail how the regime took advantage of talks with Britain, France and Germany to forge ahead with its secret atomic program.

In a speech to a closed meeting of leading Islamic clerics and academics, Hassan Rowhani, who headed talks with the so-called EU3 until last year, revealed how Tehran played for time and tried to dupe the West after its secret nuclear program was uncovered by the Iranian opposition in 2002.

He boasted that while talks were taking place in Tehran, Iran was able to complete the installation of equipment for conversion of yellowcake - a key stage in the nuclear fuel process - at its Isfahan plant while convincing European diplomats that nothing was afoot.

"From the outset, the Americans kept telling the Europeans, 'The Iranians are lying and deceiving you and they have not told you everything'. The Europeans used to respond, 'We trust them'," he said.

link

Not sure if this has been posted, but interesting indeed. The world is full of misdirection and all in the search for survival and power. Who’s the bad guys who’s the good guys, is there even such an answer?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The real question is what were this man's motives for revealing this info?
Why now?
What did this accomplish?
Why tell it so that the main stream press could pick it up?

Boy...
Crazy how this stuff is all going public one after another with Iran's Nuke Intel, huh!

I mean it's like it's all they talk about in the government and media now...

Hmmm... Interesting how many damned coincidences there are in world/us politics, nowadays...

Bet ya once they are able to convince the US "average joe-schmos" AGAIN

more of our kids can go sacrifice their lives for nothing "tangible" AGAIN

and we will be in an even "worse position" AGAIN

while another "oil contract" is secured AGAIN

and another immenent threat to Israel (not USA) is vanquished with the blood of our young men and women
AGAIN...

Deja-vu, huh...

The Matrix is glitching more and more lately...

I think it's code has a worm in it...

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1
Not sure if this has been posted, interesting indeed.

What about this do you find so interesting. Just wondering, so that I can get a better feel as to what opinions you may have on this whole topic.
Interesting YES but on what level!

The world is full of misdirection and all in the search for survival and power.

Absolutely agree!
Misdirection...
Deception...
Manipulation...
Human shielding...
Hypnotism...

The world is full of it all in the search for survival and power.
The ones with the most power... Well, theyre just doing those things that much better!

Who’s the bad guys who’s the good guys, is there even such an answer?

All are bad probably...
Well...
At least the POWERFUL ones that would rather kill a few people, than have to give up their POWERFUL "way of life"!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would be a little more interested in this story if it didn't amount to a journo simply claiming "it's all completely and absolutely true" by way of substantiating this story.

Pardon my scepticism but since when has an unverified single source in a 'newspaper' been the be-all and proof of anything anywhere?

Maybe the Sydney Morning Herald - and Philip Sherwell, the correspondent in Washington who appears to have written this, for that matter - are well known to some of our Aussie members as having a distinct 'agenda'?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yeah, it's been posted a couple of times already but didn't seem to draw much interest.

I don't know what Iran hope to achieve to be honest. They've now said the Russian deal is off the table, which could mean the Russians (one of their key "allies") will back sanctions against them.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I can't believe they're relying solely on China to veto any UN action. They're just backing themselves into a corner and will find it hard to get much sympathy. Personally I think they'll back down at the last second and agree to the Russian deal....either that or they're just planning on riding out any sanctions or military action.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I would be a little more interested in this story if it didn't amount to a journo simply claiming "it's all completely and absolutely true" by way of substantiating this story.

Pardon my scepticism but since when has an unverified single source in a 'newspaper' been the be-all and proof of anything anywhere?

Maybe the Sydney Morning Herald - and Philip Sherwell, the correspondent in Washington who appears to have written this, for that matter - are well known to some of our Aussie members as having a distinct 'agenda'?

Out of interest, how would you handle Iran? You seem hell-bent on giving them the benefit of the doubt...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Handle them? How about just show them some decency and stay out of their business?
Would it not save some trouble if you simply dropped your dollar and joined the euro?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
You seem hell-bent on giving them the benefit of the doubt...

- I don't think asking for evidence and proof is being "hell bent" on anything, not when it seems fairly obvious that there are those intent on using innuendo and implication to spark a new ME war.

Particularly when one bears in mind the very obvious and deliberate manipulation of public opinion (by stories exactly like this one) and outright lies last time.

Hell-bent on not seeing us embroiled in yet another ME disaster which will haunt us all for years to come is the more accurate term I would use, actually.

Like I said about this article, it is mere assertion about what the writer admits was a closed meeting (which he couldn't possibly have been at) in a place like Iran (not the most 'free' place on Earth, especially now).

Excuse me for not believing in an almost 'Bond villain-like' laughter and cackling about 'fooling those fools'.
(That and how it just happens to manage to say exactly everything that certain people want to believe in.)
I am reminded of the kind of info those 'ex-pat' groups love to turn up at the most opportune moments.

Unfortunately these days it's pretty clear that if you aren't cheering on a likely war 'our' game-playing idiots seem to crave so badly then you just have to be a 'supporter' or 'sympathiser' of the game-playing idiots on the other side of this.

Out of interest, how would you handle Iran?

- Do what we were successfully doing.

We had remote 24/7 monitoring, physical inspections, new 'go anywhere' spot inspection checks agreed and the engagement of the international community to ally Iranian fears that this was all just an American ploy to intimidate and/or attack them.

I have no love for political/religious regimes, wherever they may be, but, all I can see as a result of the recent 'pressures' is that the conservative elements there have been substantially reinforced and progress has been reversed.

I am anti-war and I genuinely believe that certain elements would try and use this 'episode' to begin a new ME war.

On the otherhand the recent news that Israel has a submarine launched nuclear missile system ought to finish the idea that Iran might try a sneak attack - this in turn requires an article of faith and belief that they have or are just about to have those weapons in the first place......which is utterly unproven or backed by any evidence whatsoever - to knock out Israel's retaliatory capacity.
That can't happen so hopefully that 'fear' (which I never though credible anyway) will go away.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join