It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlikely

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I AM NOT DENYING THE EXISTENCE OF ALIENS IN SAYING THIS
It is highly unlikely that aliens have taveled milions of lightyears to visit earth (1 lightyear = the distance light tavels in 1 year and nothing can travel faster than the speed of light THAT'S 1 OF THE LAWS OF MENY PHYSICS) i.e. the jurny would take thousands of jenarations.

UFO's are more likely TSGP's (Top Secret Goverment Progects).

if you compare a pilots fool face mask (designed for high altatude) with a alian head the outline is exatly the same so if somthing is experamenting on us it is the goverment.

also moast all UFO sightings are near goverment baces (area 51 in picticualr).

Dose any one agree/disagree with me?

Any other theroys?

mod edit, title spelling

[edit on 7-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ET is somehow able to move from dimension to dimension. That is how they survive going to and from earth's atmosphere.

If the US military had access to the advanced technology exhibited by ET, you can bet they would be using it in our war of aggression in Iraq. But we don't have that technology and we are not using it to stop crime, win battles, and win wars.

The areas where UFO's are sighted frequently are probably portals where they enter and exit this dimension.

Therefore hect3a, I respectfully disagree with you on all points. And no, I'm not an authority of any sort.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I sit on the fence over the aliens stuff.
1-I'm sure there's life out there somewhere, heck we are here, why nothing else.
2-Intelligent life is becoming more and more likely.
3-We're 'intelligent' life - why can't we do what they do?
4-If they are so so so superior, why don't they just come out of the dark, and once in a while greet our leaders - heck they travelled through space over plenty of light years, maybe through dimensions - why do they keep quiet - they must not be afraid.

A lot of the UFO sightings i guess are government - this is likely. They do not want us getting our hands on their new techs - we could use them for revolting and causing havoc, so they TRY to keep them undercovers and we are not in the know until we something strange when they are testing their new techs. We just say "oh dear lord. Aliens are back again." That's what they like us to think.

Maybe we could put this the other way round. The aliens are zooming around our earth observing and researching while we point at the UFOs and specualte over government activity. The aliens are safe as the blame is then put on the governemtn who are the baffled also.

UFOs can simply be known or uknown natural events, most of us are not super scientists, and we are likely to get confused sometimes.

If UFOs did visit, they come all that way NOT TO BE SEEN? Ok that seems pointless for one, and two they shouldn't be seen, their tech is so advanced, and even camoflage paint on tanks and other stuff confuses us humans!

If the journey did take many generations and the superior race have developed a stable near light speed transport. (i'm supposing they wouldn't age as quick either as they are nearing the speed of light and time well 'slows' down to put it one way), but they wouldn't just do that to hide? That's silly.

I'd like to se some more for and against. It's good to see both sides, then you can sum up the arguments and decide which seems more likely, and if you can't decide just wait.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
ET is somehow able to move from dimension to dimension. That is how they survive going to and from earth's atmosphere.

If the US military had access to the advanced technology exhibited by ET, you can bet they would be using it in our war of aggression in Iraq. But we don't have that technology and we are not using it to stop crime, win battles, and win wars.

The areas where UFO's are sighted frequently are probably portals where they enter and exit this dimension.

Therefore hect3a, I respectfully disagree with you on all points. And no, I'm not an authority of any sort.

Actaully there is a reason why The U.S. does not use tech that would be 100 years + ahead of any other nation. They have it just keep it under lock and key at all times.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Uh how about this theory:

Aliens have had developed societies for eons longer than we have. Thus they know more than we do, eg. how the universe really works. So they figured out how to do things that seem magical to us but are really just science to them.

Kool, far out! Yeah man, show cro-magnon over there your Ipod and see what he thinks it is...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I disagree 90%.

Well I believe life is abundant in the universe, I don't believe dozens of races have visited Earth.

Though I do think 1-3 have.

Now, you are technicaly right, in classic einsteinian physocs nothing can travel faster than C, however, there are many theoretical ways that we know of that let one side step the whole issue, now consider a race a thousand years more technologically advanced than us, theres a good chance they've figured out how to prove and utilize one of these theories, or even some way we have'nt even thought of.

As for UFOs, it's in my opinion that only 5% of UFO sightings are actually extra-terrestrial, I agree with you, some of them are most likely gov. projects.

About the helmets being the cause of people seeing aliens, well I disagree, I believe that what's typically called "Grey's" are true aliens who have traveled to Earth.

Now, you may ask "But why would they come here?", well I figure they are explorers like us, and perhaps were the closest life bearing world to theirs, or the closest one with sentient beings.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I gess there are wormholes and other natural phonominon and gess what i dug up.

The first sasuer (can't spell this so small plate) style UFOs were sean by alied fighter pilots in WW2 and german sientists were working on sasuer technology (designated as anti-radar tech) now the americains stole will have stolen this technology. So we have the technology its just top secret.

Also untill reentaly stelth aircraft were thought to be UFOs.

And plese read the mesage I seant at the top now I will clarafy:
I belive NO I KNOW there are alians out there in space there will be milions of diferent species in this galixy alone. If you look on the moast hospitable plases on earth however there is not mutch that is becase life develops in the least hospitable place acsesable.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
well actually considering that our species has lived for millions and trillions of years...the technology up there shoud now be far more advanced than ours. I understand that there are many scientific explanations for UFOs like swamp gas, balloons, gov planes, plasma flare of light in the sky. Well...what about those ones that are just too out there...too wierd to explain...

Also, I have a friend who has seen this particular "insectoid" alien. It was on a field. A large open field. Anywho, I had a dream of that alien and I told him what it looked like. he said that was exactly it. Skinny skinny body, thin stick legs and arms.. all that stuff. LOL I know, actually sounds kind of funny. But it looks freaky in real life, i can imagine.

Also...take it from the egyptians. There were aliens on their heiroglyphics.

well that's as much as I can say now.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, at this point in time there is absolutely no completely verifiable life anywhere but on Earth. People can talk all they want to about the odds, but it's pretty hard to figure out odds when you don't know how many variables you're really working with (Drake Equation notwithstanding).

And we do know that space is very, very BIG. The distance to even the closest stars are huge, and distances in the galaxy and universe are almost incomprehensibly large. Puny hominids like you and me are certainly not built for life in space, and we'd have to expend an awful lot of resources to go somewhere other than where we're being taken just by riding the planet.

It's one thing to talk about aliens being able to bypass Einstein's limitations on space travel, but there's zero real evidence that any are able to do it. Multiple dimensions are a handy mathematical tool, but not very useful for building spacecraft, at least not by us so far, anyway.

It's also quite true that while (as far as we know) there are no readily available, undeniably alien UFOs that we can get our hands on and study to know they're real, while we know for a fact that the military tests all kinds of odd things all the time, and they're not above making up outlandish stories to keep them relatively secret.

So, yes, you're right that it's highly unlikely that aliens are flying around in our skies. We could be the only game in town. And until somebody comes up with some good proof of aliens interacting with us, we can only assume there are no aliens, and that what people are seeing and photographing have other explanations that we're just ignorant of.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Aliens have had developed societies for eons longer than we have. Thus they know more than we do, eg. how the universe really works. So they figured out how to do things that seem magical to us but are really just science to them.

It's one thing to say this, but quite another to actually prove it to be correct. Time means little. Squid have been around a lot longer than humans have, and I don't see them flying through space.

If you have any undeniable evidence of aliens, much less than how long they've been around or how much they've developed, we'd love to see it. Otherwise, it's just a big, wild guess. Nothing but pure fantasy, a result of watching too much Star Trek. Same thing with scientific theory. You can't fly a theory to Alpha Centauri. You need a real spaceship that works.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

well actually considering that our species has lived for millions and trillions of years...the technology up there shoud now be far more advanced than ours. I understand that there are many scientific explanations for UFOs like swamp gas, balloons, gov planes, plasma flare of light in the sky. Well...what about those ones that are just too out there...too wierd to explain...

No we have'nt, modern humans have only been around for a little over 100,000 years.

The current version of the universe is only between 12 and 20 Bilion years old.

Aliens, that evolved in this version of the universem would not be more than maybe 4billion years ahead of us, and they may have only advanced technologically in the last few millenia.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree however ther will be extintions eg:

• Black Holes
  • Super Novas
  • Plages
  • Global Warming
  • Nivation
  • Artifisal Sun (Fusion Power) Geting Out of control and expanding engulfing the planet

The list dose go on but these are the moast likely

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Who really knows. It can very well be both government projects and "aliens". There are a lot of theories out there, but until someone pops up and says "heres the deal" we are left to our imaginations.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If a race is far more advanced than we are, then our so called laws of physics might also be terribly outdated.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here are some possiblities I've been thinking of ...
1. They are an evolved species of us traveling back in time from the future.
2. They are an alien species from a distant galaxy.
3. They are nothing but hoaxes
Whatever they are it would be nice of them to stop hiding around and actually tell us what they're here for.
So far I haven't seen them or their space ships to come to any definite conclusion.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
If you have any undeniable evidence of aliens, much less than how long they've been around or how much they've developed, we'd love to see it.

For a kickoff - the Disclosure Project. Then backtrack to Roswell, Battle of LA, then fast-forward to Alien Interview, Phoenix Lights, Mexico.. oh boy, there's so much to look at - I take it you have never done any researching whatsoever on the subject. May I ask, what are you doing here on an 'alien & ufo' forum?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Errr.. Have humans ever actaully TRIED FTL travel? Have we broken mach 10 on any practical craft? From the look of things, the alien must not have gotten the memo from Einstien saying "'Hey, you can't do that!".. Because right now, we're trying to say what is and isn't possible on a subject that we won't be able to prove or disprove for fact until.. A long time from now. I'll go with the 'It isn't possible' thing when we get to the stage of testing this. Another assumption is that they travel on fuel that WE use. For all we know they could have an atom splitter to power their craft, or have found a single molecule fuel.. So, quite frankly, I see no reason not to belive that they travel at FTL speeds.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Firstly, I guess you've never heard of chrono pits.

More importantly, there are always ways around the laws of physics, which are a whole load of crap due to our severe lack of understanding of physics.

Anyway, bend the space between yourself and your destination, and you easily travel there in a second.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Mere mortal, how presumptous thy delusions of intelligence is,
Law of physics are but mankind's progression of scientific basics,
not the ultimate end of knowledge's journey is it,
Humble thyself, question thyself, or deluded shall thee be.

A passing meteor,
Upon near a habitable atmosphere,
captures life and passes it along the universe's diverse planetary spheres,
replicating and duplicating life, evolutionary intelligent life in time will appear

How much do we know? Little, in the scheme of universe, we fear,
T'was only 100 years ago heavier than air crafts were jeered,
and yet today, looking up at the skies near,
physic laws of century ago is scoffed now, what more today's law later 100 years?

[edit on 14-3-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is no reson for them to travel light years ,thhey have been on this planet way before mankind has. They are waiting for the right time to reveal themselves.

If you follow Admiral byrd's writing's you will believe.

Have a nice day

top topics

<<   2 >>

join