It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange moving star?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
A while back me and my boyfriend where looking at the stars, trying to figure out which constellation was which etc, when we both simultaniously saw a star move which had been sat next to another star for abour 10 minutes, it moved really slowly and then just faded out. It can't have gone behind a cloud because it was a clear sky.
We wiped the idea that it was a plane since the lights where not flashing, it was just a constant speck light same size as a star, plus the fact it had stayed completely motionless for all that time.
Anyone got any idea what this could have been?
I live in north yorkshire england, and it was some time late summer/early autumn last year. Dont know if this info's any use, but i thought i best post it anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It sounds like it may of been a satellite.
But a satellite wouldn't of been still for ten minutes.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Me and my Fiancee saw the same type of thing in June last year. Thought it was a star, just above the great bear, and it moved maybe two degrees through the sky and then winked out. Never found a good explanation for it though.

This 'star' was still for around half an hour in the sky till it moved!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I saw the same phenomenon a few years back...

I just seen it moving through the sky, as if it was a satellite, but the light was too big and brillant to be a satellite, and moving too fast to be the Space Station (it was moving at the speed of a jet, but there was not lights blinking... just a star-like light). At some point it quickly faded in the dark, but there were no clouds, as it was a fully clear night sky!

If it was a spaceship of sorts, then it was a good indication that it could have flown in hyperspace.

[edit on 4/3/06 by Echtelion]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Me and my Fiancee saw the same type of thing in June last year. Thought it was a star, just above the great bear, and it moved maybe two degrees through the sky and then winked out. Never found a good explanation for it though.

This 'star' was still for around half an hour in the sky till it moved!

Y'know I think it might have been the same one :S I can't remember the exact month so i cant be sure, but i remember saying how the plough (or great bear) looked really big.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeahv the plough had an 'extra star' in it, and then after a while it just drifted off and then winked out. It was freaky because through a telescope (250 mag) it looked like a bronze diamond just sat there sparkling away all colours of the rainbow, but with the naked eye the light was bright white! freaky stuff that was.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
We where just talking at a bus stop when we saw it happen, so sadly didn't have any telescopes to hand.
It would have been great to film it though!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Last summer I was looking up at the stars. At the ones that are really tiny or further away. It was a very starry night, clear. I was looking almost straight up, and suddenly one that had been still for quite some time, began to move. It actually moved quite fast, went way across the sky, in an arc, until it eventually disappeared. It could not have been a plane, it was too far and too tiny. and too fast I wondered though if it was a rocket ship from nasa or whatever. Or maybe it was a spaceship.

It wasn't a shooting star, as i think they move downwards, and faster, this went right across the th sky, in space..

But on the subject of stars or lghts. Does anyone know what that giant light or star is that rises in the eastern sky, arounf 8 pm pacific time ? It does move slowly, or orbit. Maybe it is the spacestaion or Syrius ? It isn't venus, that one rises early morning where I live. but it is so big. It has the appearance of rays coming off it, because it is so bright. It twinkles, and the rays or lines that come from it look as if they move and grow longer, then shorter. I noticed it 2 years ago, and alot of people talk about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think it might be jupiter (though im not what you would class as an expert)

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
These sound like satellites, are you certain they were absolutely still for an extended period? Satellites can fade out as they pass into the earth's shadow.

Next time you see something like this, make a note of the exact time and the approximate path in the sky. You can then check an online satellite database (ex. liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov... ) to see if it corresponds to a known satellite track.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have seen two stationary objects that were very bright fade out one after the other but they never moved. What you saw still could be some type of satellite but i am not certain.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
I have seen two stationary objects that were very bright fade out one after the other but they never moved. What you saw still could be some type of satellite but i am not certain.

I'm betting you saw an Iridium satellite, and that it was a flare. These are common and skywatchers enjoy locating them (kind of like a game.)

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
all the pictures of Iridium satellite's seem to have tails to them, and the thing that I saw didn't. Although i suppose this could be to do with shutter speeds.
It was almost definatly stood still for at least 5-10 minutes because we where looking pretty much at it.
Who knows, probably was a satelite, but twas pretty weird all the same.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yes I have also seen what appears to look like a star standing completely in one place start to move off at a quick speed than dissappear moments later. MY friend and I were star gazing and talking outside on a clear night over the summer and we saw a star start moving from and area were were closely admiring. We both saw it start moving and were like what the...at the same time....we thought possibly a satelite but it dissappeared after a short distance of traveling in the sky. It was just weird that the "star" seemed to move after staying in one place for at least 10 mins that we were looking in that direction.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Get used to it, i see it every night.

People who dont see it just arent looking or arent looking good.

Look, here in the skys, there are 2 types of stars.
type one is the normal star, type 2 is something else, it tinkles and blinks, it changes his colours and it moves through the sky..and it ALWAYS returns to the position and stays their and the next night its there again, i became aware of it just 2 months ago and every night i look at it and i wonder what it is and what is out there.

My idea is they are starships, they all have a position from which to monitor the Earth, maybe they are waiting for the "engage" sign from captain Jean-Luc Picard so they can finally make first contact

Man Sirius... maybe they indeed are just sitting on position waiting for the final contact order, maybe they are sitting their to monitor Earth, maybe they are their to keep invaders from entering Earths atmospheer... and maybe it arent ufo's at all..

Everything i know about it is that it aint stars, it aint planets and it aint satellites or spacestations... because of the flight patterns, the speed and the colour changes it cant be anything human, and as far as i know planets dont move like that, neither do stars or moons or whatever.

Clearly it is intelligent or controlled bij intelligence...the next question is what they are waiting for or doing there..

Glad to see that people now notice it around the globe... i wonder what toke ya all so long

Fudgestix, i live close to ya, in Holland... so i guess what i see every damn night can be seen in England to, im not on expert about it but its a wild guess...England and Holland arent far away... i can travel to england in my boat in only some 3 or 4 hours...

[edit on 6-3-2006 by Dutch_Rick]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
(...)

just sat there sparkling away all colours of the rainbow, but with the naked eye the light was bright white! freaky stuff that was.

this is what i see to, but i see it with the naked eye...only when it moves trough space i cant see the colour changes...and then when it stops again i can see the colour changing again too...

Like i said, no tails, flight patterns and moves that can be done by man-made things, no satellites nor space stations nor airplanes nor jets or whatsoever can make these performances and moves.

Boy do i feel sorry for the human pilots if they ever need to engage in a fight with a ufo... its like playing cat and mouse

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutch_Rick
Get used to it, i see it every night.

Look, here in the skys, there are 2 types of stars.
type one is the normal star, type 2 is something else, it tinkles and blinks, it changes his colours and it moves through the sky..and it ALWAYS returns to the position and stays their and the next night its there again, i became aware of it just 2 months ago and every night i look at it and i wonder what it is and what is out there.

Really? wow, I've been looking ever since but I've never managed to see it again. Any chance you could give me an idea of where to look in the sky? names of close constellations to where these moving 'stars' are?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh my god !, finally someone who has seen the same as me, in North Yorkshire too !

Me and my two brothers were out one night fishing in a town in North Yorkshire called Helmsley, and while one of my brothers were fishing, since it was such a clear night and you could see very clearly. And over the space of about 30 minutes me and my brother whitnessed 15 or more of these, star/ufo things.
They seemed to appear from nowhere like they came from outer space then they traveld fast, but not too fast over the sky, till they eventually dissapereard, but since my brother and me were both looking up, we whitnessed 2 or more traveling in different directions at the same time. They looked exactlly like a star, not a plane meteorite or shooting star.
Thanks, hope we find out more on these !!
Ryan, ps. i posted this in another thread by a mistake, in one called " i think i saw a ufo"

[edit on 6-3-2006 by ryzek]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yes its true, im am being sirius (
) right now.

We hardly ever see constellations because our sky is the most polluted on on the world, or one of the most...there is almost never a clear sky.

What i always do is look at the moon, then try to find stars...usually i do locate about 9 or 10 stars, sometimes not even 4... but i always see, and i say ALWAYS, see stars near the moon that are changing colours and moving very fast , making moves that are impossible for human bodys and couldnt possibly man made things like planes or whatsoever...and last but not least, it is definatly intelligent or commanded by someone/something intelligent!

I hope this helps you, what i now want to know is why they are there, why they have positions they always return to after they have flew out of position, what they are waiting for or what they are doing there...i almost get the idea they formed some sort of "chain" surrounding the earth..

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
does anyone know where i can find a video of an sattelite moving, filmed from the ground? i have seen something very similar as this threads author and like to know if it were indeed a sattelite that i saw

top topics

<<   2 >>

join