It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange moving star?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know they were not iridium flares, they seemed to rotate because i could still see a speck in the sky where they were so i think they were some type of dual satellite system.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I see these things all the time and more than once or twice in a night, some are stationary like others then start to move, some just appear out of nowhere and move across the sky, ive even had what to me appeared to be a blue orbish type thing just appear what seemed to be around 50 meters away then shoot off. Theres some weird stuff going on out there!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've seen that happen about 3 times already. Exactly that description. At first I just thought it was my imagination, I was quiet sleepy at the time, however the very first time it happened I took my eyes off it and looked back a few seconds later and it was still moving slowly across the sky on a cloudless night after being motionless for about half an hour. The second time I saw it fade away much quicker, a matter of seconds, but I'm certain I saw it move. The third time threw one main theory out of my mind. Most people know about the volcanic ash cloud that affected air travel for at least three weeks. There were absolutely no planes flying over England. So when I saw it again, I knew that there was no chance of this being a plane.
The satellite theory holds some ground as to why it moves so slowly, but does not explain why it was stationary for so long. For me, I see no possibility of it being a plane, seeing as I saw it at a time when planes were not flying over England. Aliens are plausible, but have an air of illogic about them. Why just remain motionless in the sky for half an hour then slowly move across it just to vanish? There seems to be no point to it at all.
My most insane theory is that out there a star just like our sun is moving at monumental speeds that may even exceed the speed of light. It is either being sucked into a black hole, explaining the odd disappearance at the end. Or it has been kicked out of it's orbit by another star and due to the high speeds has itself collapsed into a black hole. Unfortunately this may deify several laws of physics.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FudgeStix

I saw something very similar, a star that was very close to another and then moved smoothly in a semicircle and then stopped,it has stayed there since.. Just like you say it was exactly like a star in terms of brightness and distance......

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Probably was a star!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very normal for stars to fade in and out sometimes. If you could comprehend just how far away these stars are... Gases can block the light, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes forever! (many stars we will never see in our life times due to them being blocked)

Planets will never blink or fade away.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I see fake stars and fake planes every day. You are not alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join