It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Association for Research and Enlightenment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Trying not to reveal my location or identity I will simply say I have encountered this group of people during the summer months. I have been on premises run by this group (during the summer months) and would like to discuss in a positive manner what I have seen and experienced.

These people seem very intelligent, healthy, almost enlightened BUT I can't keep from wondering if they are a cult. I do not want to negatively label these people as they were very nice to me. I know they believe in reincarnation, vegetarianism and dream interpretation.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
All I know about ARE is that it was founded by Edgar Cayce. I've read a little about him and he was a very interesting person. In my understanding, the ARE's purpose is to preserve/follow Cayce's teachings. As far as the present day ARE is concerned, I've never met any members, so I really can't comment on whether they're a cult or not. There's a good chance you already know about this stuff though, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Seems like no one is interested in this thread. It's sad because these people are very interesting. If you had seen what I have seen you would be digging into this subject.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Tell us about your encounters with the members of ARE. You started the thread but did not give any details. I have read about Edgar Cayce and know that the foundation is around Myrtle Beach SC. It was in a reading by Mr. Cayce that told him to start near Myrtle Beach. He was originally from Kentucky near the Tenn. border. It was said that his death was brought on by giving too many readings to people during WWII. Supposedly, he said to use coal oil as a cure for baldness. I believe that Rograine can be considered a by product of coal oil. I am not sure about this as I heard this claim many years ago.

Like I said, lets hear some details arius.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes come on Arius tell more on what this organisation is like. I too am interested in Edgar Cayce's work? On whether they are a cult or not (the group you met) the I suppose it would depend on how they conduct themselves i.e secrecy or strange rituals etc.
What were they like ?

G

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce certainly was a fascinating fellow. By day I guess you could call him a traditional Christian but the information he gives in his readings are of quite a different nature.

There is an official website: www.edgarcayce.org...

Read the mission statement. I don't see any indication why they shouldn't be taken at face value. "Cult" is a way overused term, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
OK, I'll start. First I wil restrict my information to protect myself from any potential backlash from this group if they dig into the details I give in order to find out who I am. It would be possible. I will also identify hearsay, second hand knowledge and rumors when I state these. I will also identify first hand knowledge.

First I will ask that you dig further. The ARE is not based in myrtle beach it is based further north. If you figure out where they are based I will tell you more.

Second this group sponsors yearly retreats. If you figure out where these take place I will disclose more.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
OK, I'll start. First I wil restrict my information to protect myself from any potential backlash from this group if they dig into the details I give in order to find out who I am. It would be possible. I will also identify hearsay, second hand knowledge and rumors when I state these. I will also identify first hand knowledge.

First I will ask that you dig further. The ARE is not based in myrtle beach it is based further north. If you figure out where they are based I will tell you more.

Second this group sponsors yearly retreats. If you figure out where these take place I will disclose more.

OK why I need to do this for information I dont know but here goes.
ARE International Headquarters is in Virginia Beach (would you like the address and phone number as well?) and they have their retreats in southwest virginian mountains at a place called the "Big House" on White Rock Furnace Road.
All this info is available from the ARE site.
One thing though why would you need to protect yourself from such an organisation, their not dangerous are they? You would think the discusion of ideas would be high on their values.

So now its your turn?

G

[edit on 7-3-2006 by shihulud]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
If you figure out where they are based I will tell you more.[/qote]
We aren't here to play games, if you have information to relate, feel free to give it.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Correct.

No I do not consider this group to be dangerous.

I became interested in the ARE quite by chance. I had heard of Edgar Cayce and the stories surrounding his life. Life or fate, whichever you choose had plans for me to come face to face with this group. They are very interesting.

What is not widely available is the information which can be gleaned from the local residents of this area of southwest virginia. I have visited this area and interviewed many of the neighbors. (Notice) Second hand knowledge/Hearsay: They have many and varied stories to tell. I will not discuss any of these stories yet as I want to give you some of the details I know from personal knowledge.

I have been on this property and can provide a drawing showing their facilities. I have intimate knowledge of this. If interest in this thread grows I can most likely provide this in cad format.

Now: One little tidbit from personal knowledge:

Did you know members who go to their retreat facilities do not go by their real names but go by other names. They will say something like, Hi, my name is Star I am the cook. To which you might reply Star who? They might say, no Star is my given name not my legal name.

Enough for tonight. Keep in mind this group is really nice. Don't expect me to reveal them to be some awful group. I will just tell what I know.

top topics

join