It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of Anti-Semitism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Recently, I have noticed more anti-Semitic behavior in the forum, or maybe it has always been there and I have not recognized it.
May I have the thoughts of those who have/ have not noticed this also?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've noticed a bit of an increase. I haven't seen anything really nasty like calling for ethnic cleansing though.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I've noticed a bit of an increase. I haven't seen anything really nasty like calling for ethnic cleansing though.

I agree, but it is dismissive of Jewry, especially of Jews and the movie industry and the holocaust.
I know the holocaust happened, just as the Native American holocaust [without ovens] happened.
Personally, I admire a race who discourages inter-breeding and who stick together through any difficulty.
Makes me sad to read any anti-semitism.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There does seem to be alot of it. I'm a pretty new member so I don't know if it's always been here or not. I do know I don't like it. What is the point of hating a group because they are different or accusing them of things there does seem to be any credible proof they've done?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's not just the Jews, it's also the Muslims, the West, the Gays. Society, or at least here lately, we've as a board have become less tollerant and more divided. It's a frickin shame too. I would say that those pulling this crap is less than 5% of the membership but it makes us ALL look bad to an outsider looking in. :shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
There does seem to be alot of it. I'm a pretty new member so I don't know if it's always been here or not. I do know I don't like it. What is the point of hating a group because they are different or accusing them of things there does seem to be any credible proof they've done?

Well, as a newbie, do not be surprised what you maye read here.
When we talk of racism, I consider Jews and Native Americans to have been the recipients of far MORE killing and discrimination than any black has.IMHO
Welcome to this fine forum..

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've definitely noticed an increase and I don't like it very much.
I have faith in our Mods and if it gets truly out of hand, I'm sure they will take action.

I have had the stray thought float through my brain that perhaps there are some left-over stormfronters here that survived the previous purge. Maybe kept it in check until the time was right to bring it back into the discussion? David Irving's conviction is a perfect opportunity to bring this kind of discussion up.

Then again, I'm paranoid about most things.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's not just the Jews, it's also the Muslims, the West, the Gays. Society, or at least here lately, we've as a board have become less tollerant and more divided. It's a frickin shame too. I would say that those pulling this crap is less than 5% of the membership but it makes us ALL look bad to an outsider looking in. :shk:

That was my first thought also, we are NOT a skin-head, white power site and I am disturbed that any new members may get that impression.
The count of the dead in which we were directly or indirectly involved is tremendous.
I know the blacks suffered a lot, but most of them were not buried and forgotten.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have had the stray thought float through my brain that perhaps there are some left-over stormfronters here that survived the previous purge. Maybe kept it in check until the time was right to bring it back into the discussion? David Irving's conviction is a perfect opportunity to bring this kind of discussion up.

My recent life has been greatly affected by the genius of Steven Speilberg, he has shown the truth, warts and all.
Bob Dylan is my favorite of all geniuses, so maybe I have a leaning toward Jews, so if that is so, so be it.
I saw a special last week on how the white power groups are becoming many more than anyone realizes.

link   
David Irvings recent legal issues certainly brought some concerns to light and brought more discussion to the board. I find it very disturbing that virtually any criticism of any Jewish organization all too easily falls into an anti-semetic framework. That's wrong!

link   
S1,
Intolerance does seem to be increasing here on ATS. But not as much as on the street. I get the finger at least once a day because of my "question authority" sticker on my pickup. I know this is seen as antibush here in the conservative SW.

All thing considered, ATS is one of the most tolerant places I know of even if it is on cyber space. I find most of the debates here just nasty enough to be stimulating.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
[That was my first thought also, we are NOT a skin-head, white power site and I am disturbed that any new members may get that impression.

The thing is that members from those kinds of sites come here to recruit. They use these "anti-____" threads to find like minded or impressionable people.

As a long standing member may I recommend a revision on the T&C?
I know that new members do come here and wonder if we are a bunch of bigots. I'm sure that this is not the impression that ATS wants to give new members. Just as ATS doesn't want new members think this is a place to discuss drug use of "hacking."
There are rules in the T&C that address issues that are not wanted to appear on these boards such as offensive content, illegal activities, personal attacks, and drama. Why not have a rule that includes issues of spreading stereotypes and discrimination?

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
David Irvings recent legal issues certainly brought some concerns to light and brought more discussion to the board. I find it very disturbing that virtually any criticism of any Jewish organization all too easily falls into an anti-semetic framework. That's wrong!

Being a Suthen Belle, I know that I have never been insulted by a Jew on the street or anywhere else.
By some asking "you need some black penis" [not the word used]
IOW, Jews do not see me as a cracker, and I do not walk in fear near a Temple.
I think the thousands of years they have been persecuted it is time to say NUFF.
Not familiar with Irvings.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
The thing is that members from those kids of sites come here to recruit. They use these "anti-____" threads to find like minded or impressionable people.

There are rules in the T&C that address issues that are not wanted to appear on these boards such as offensive content, illegal activities, personal attacks, and drama. Why not have a rule that includes issues of spreading stereotypes and discrimination?

I'll u2u the answer to this so as not to give those people any advantage.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
S1,
Intolerance does seem to be increasing here on ATS. But not as much as on the street. I get the finger at least once a day because of my "question authority" sticker on my pickup. I know this is seen as antibush here in the conservative SW.

All thing considered, ATS is one of the most tolerant places I know of even if it is on cyber space. I find most of the debates here just nasty enough to be stimulating.

If you think it is bad in the SW, try the SE.
I have a cherry 69 Mustang and had a sticker on the back window that said 'And on the 8th Day God Created Dylan.'
Since everyone comes around my car whenever I am out, I was called a Jew-lover and much worse.
Living alone, I decided it was safer for me to remove the sticker.
I like debates until they turn into hates.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am glad I'm not the only one noticing this rather disturbing trend. Not just here at ATS either, I've noticed an increase in intolerance here in the NW as well. Of course, we've always had the Hayden Lake crowd of Neo's, and Portland OR has, or had, WAR. The evil Jews are to blame for everything that is bad. Gee, what's new...over a thousand years and counting. Some people need someone(s) as a scapegoat...its easier to blame the Jews, or Muslims, or President Bush/Clinton, or little gray guys from Alpha Carinae Seven (lovely beaches, but don't drink the water). Everyones fault except my own.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I am glad I'm not the only one noticing this rather disturbing trend. Not just here at ATS either, I've noticed an increase in intolerance here in the NW as well. Of course, we've always had the Hayden Lake crowd of Neo's, and Portland OR has, or had, WAR. The evil Jews are to blame for everything that is bad. Gee, what's new...over a thousand years and counting. Some people need someone(s) as a scapegoat...its easier to blame the Jews, or Muslims, or President Bush/Clinton, or little gray guys from Alpha Carinae Seven (lovely beaches, but don't drink the water). Everyones fault except my own.

The subject of racism was brought about in the Speilberg mini-series Taken.
There was a group of abductees in which there was one black man and one Asian woman..She said.'hey, are the Grays racists?' I am the only Asian I know that has been abducted and few blacks.'
So. I am glad to hear it is in your area too, as the South is depicted as dumb, illiterate.
As for me, I will treat in kind, as the Jews have never hurt me, or any of my ilk.In fact, being a watchmaker, and Jews own lots of Jew-el-ry stores, they have been more than accepting of me.
I think for the most part, it is jealousy which turns into hate? Is that possible?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is indeed a shame that these racist trends are rising again, although in Australia I have to say it is definately more against Muslims than anyone else, except maybe our Aboriginals.

The problem is that the Government seems to encourage it, not actively, but as an example, John Howard will come on TV and say that he does not support vigilante action against Islamics, but then in the advertising break they will show an ad three times about watching out for people of suspicious character, which subliminally says to a gullible public "Watch out for Middle Eastern looking people."

I have a friend who is Indian and Catholic (and a brilliant pianist), but because of his colour he sometimes fears to go out of a night-time after the racist riots in Sydney.

I agree that the board postings here on ATS are getting more racist, but we should all be sticking together against the real terrorists, the Global Elite.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As mentioned before it comes from both sides, your alwasy going to find angry people wherever you go.

Now I'm no ATS expert but I've been here a while and have to say these things come and go. It's dependent on a number of things from news to politics but these things come and go in waves, in a few weeks you probably wont see any sort or a minimum of race baiting and then it'll swell and die again.

Much like life.

IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
This is indeed a shame that these racist trends are rising again, although in Australia I have to say it is definately more against Muslims than anyone else, except maybe our Aboriginals.

The problem is that the Government seems to encourage it, not actively, but as an example, John Howard will come on TV and say that he does not support vigilante action against Islamics, but then in the advertising break they will show an ad three times about watching out for people of suspicious character, which subliminally says to a gullible public "Watch out for Middle Eastern looking people."

I have a friend who is Indian and Catholic (and a brilliant pianist), but because of his colour he sometimes fears to go out of a night-time after the racist riots in Sydney.

I agree that the board postings here on ATS are getting more racist, but we should all be sticking together against the real terrorists, the Global Elite.

Great insight, once I had 2 Australian police officers I did a big volume of photofinishing for.
They were trying to explain how easy it was to be an officer there as the most of the troublemakers were the Aborigines, getting drunk and acting up.
They made it sound like heaven there, as at that time I was married to an officer, they gave me a new police shirt and were wonderful people to carry on a conversation with.
Guess it is just a matter of time until every ethnicity will be slammed and a victim of some type of hate.
Terrible to think that your friend would be afraid, I am a white woman and I used to be able to go downtown at night with no fear.Racism reversed is hell.
NOW, I dare not even go anywhere by myself..it is so sad we have arrived at this point after dark.
The GE has not to be bothered in their fenced estates and chauffeurs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join