It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of Anti-Semitism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
sereusleyone, Firstly, the Jews are not a Race. Secondly, anti-Semitism is the business of idiots and stupid people just like any other prejudice based upon ignorance and I believe that all prejudice (by definition) is based upon ignorance.
skep

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skep
sereusleyone, Firstly, the Jews are not a Race. Secondly, anti-Semitism is the business of idiots and stupid people just like any other prejudice based upon ignorance and I believe that all prejudice (by definition) is based upon ignorance.
skep

Jew-
An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

What is with the semantics? I am sure I have not offended any Jews by using the word race. If so, I apologize deeply.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by Umbrax
I've noticed a bit of an increase. I haven't seen anything really nasty like calling for ethnic cleansing though.

I agree, but it is dismissive of Jewry, especially of Jews and the movie industry and the holocaust.
I know the holocaust happened, just as the Native American holocaust [without ovens] happened.
Personally, I admire a race who discourages inter-breeding and who stick together through any difficulty.
Makes me sad to read any anti-semitism.

so you admire a race who discourages inter-breeding, you sound like a nazi agent, after all they were the ones into a pure race. also only 20% of modern day jews are related to jews of the bible, and even then most if not all are mixed race.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

so you admire a race who discourages inter-breeding, you sound like a nazi agent, after all they were the ones into a pure race. also only 20% of modern day jews are related to jews of the bible, and even then most if not all are mixed race

I shall not dignify that tripe with an answer..
Meet goddess ignore.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
There does seem to be alot of it. I'm a pretty new member so I don't know if it's always been here or not. I do know I don't like it. What is the point of hating a group because they are different or accusing them of things there does seem to be any credible proof they've done?

Well, as a newbie, do not be surprised what you maye read here.
When we talk of racism, I consider Jews and Native Americans to have been the recipients of far MORE killing and discrimination than any black has.IMHO
Welcome to this fine forum..

how can jews be the recipient of more killing and discrimination than blacks, if 120 million slaves were shipped to usa and only 10 % survive the sea voyage, thats over 100 million dead just on the voyage alone versus jews alledged 6 million magic occult number. and what about the 100 million christians slaughtered by russian jews in the early 20th century, or the 3.6 million white slaves kidnapped from their european homes by black slave raiders, which only ended when europe launched a supprise attack on algiers forcing them to surrender, and set free over a thousand white slaves.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Recently, I have noticed more anti-Semitic behavior in the forum, or maybe it has always been there and I have not recognized it.
May I have the thoughts of those who have/ have not noticed this also?

I have noticed that even considering uttering the word "Israel" can have you staring at the business end of an "anti-Semite" slur against your good name. Not just ATS, but in the real world as well. For instance, I have [accidentally] stumbled into arguments about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and been branded "anti-Semite" for failing to see how being the victim of persecution in the past can justify being the ruthless oppressor in the present.

However, to answer your question, no, I have not noticed any anti-Semitic behavior [although, I have noticed other decidedly racist musing]. I dunno if it means anything though, as I'm not setting out to look for it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

When we talk of racism, I consider Jews and Native Americans to have been the recipients of far MORE killing and discrimination than any black has.IMHO

I know the blacks suffered a lot, but most of them were not buried and forgotten.

I find this an interesting perspective. That somehow the amount of suffering that a group went through should make them more exempt from bigotry. That's what it seems like you're saying anyway. (?)

Maybe that's why people are so much more sensitive to Anti-semitism than say, your regular, run-of-the-mill gay bashing or prejudice against blacks.

I am equally offended by all bigotry. And the increase in anti-semitism doesn't bother me so much because I've been hearing the Muslim bashing till I'm sick to death of it. I'm ready for a little change. (That's sick, isn't it?)

Bigotry and prejudice exist. To me the victim matters not.

It's one thing to keep our eyes open for 'recruiters' and so on, but I'd hate to see a crack-down on one form of bigotry on the board while the rest run free.

Originally posted by Implosion
However, to answer your question, no, I have not noticed any anti-Semitic behavior [although, I have noticed other decidedly racist musing]. ... I'm not setting out to look for it in the first place.

I wish I had said that. That's exactly how I see it. Musing. Just talking about Jews isn't necessarily Anti-Semitic.

Good job, Implosion!

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I have noticed that even considering uttering the word "Israel" can have you staring at the business end of an "anti-Semite" slur against your good name. Not just ATS, but in the real world as well. For instance, I have [accidentally] stumbled into arguments about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and been branded "anti-Semite" for failing to see how being the victim of persecution in the past can justify being the ruthless oppressor in the present.

Knowing we cannot solve this issue, perhaps I am looking at it from a POV of not being interested in the KJV of Christ's crucifixion, nor from any POV, rather than never being able to be safe from suiciders and sociopaths EVER.and have to have hospital workers go out and collect each tiny bit of flesh to bury.;[
Have you ever seen the movie Raid on Entebbe?
I am not looking for it, it just seems to be so blatant since W took office.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I find this an interesting perspective. That somehow the amount of suffering that a group went through should make them more exempt from bigotry. That's what it seems like you're saying anyway. (?)

IMHO, degree matters at least to me. We killed many thousands of our own in the Civil War to 'free' blacks.Before this we killed multi-thousands of the British.
Who was there when we came to this country and killed muti-thousands of savage with bubonic fever and massacre. Did any man in power stand up and say these are human beings?
Whites, Indians, were just murdered because they were fighting for what?
To steal all the land..success.
Now, where does this leave the average black during that era? Alive, but still segregation was as bad or worse than before the Civil war.
Where were the Americans who knew Hilters death camps and said nothing?
Yes, degree matters to me a lot, as I have never owned a slave nor purposely hurt anyone that I can remember.

So I wish to be left out of any past racial bigotry.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Kids fight nicely. The fact of the matter is, religion, color, or sexual orientation shouldn't make a rats hiney difference to anyone here.
Thats the beauty of the internet, the total anonimity, the fact that noone can judge. If one were to look in and judge, the most of us would be labeled as paranoid, bipolar, manic depressives, naysayers, and harbingers of doom. Say you are Jewish, noone but you would know it, why react to it? It only empowers those who are as sensible as warthogs.

Remember, if you always worry about what others think, you WILL ALWAYS be their prisoner

Those who are anti semetic are ignorant, those who are racist are ignorant. I am so tired of people claiming intolerance. Wake up, because it's our own political correctness thats going to wipe us off of the planet. You can't say God anymore, you can't wish anyone merry christmas, you can't wish some one Haunnukah, Kwanzaa, or even happy hollidays anymore. What kind of freaking world are we bringing our kids up in?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You know what come to think of it I have also noticed ethnic slurrs in ATS and I am very dis-pleased with this ignorances flowing around like a disease.

Not just anti-semitism but particularly towards africans/african americans.

If you would look into the aliens/UFO section of ATS you would find personal member predictions about invasions etc.Part of these stories usualy involves how the africans and dark skinned people get killed off during invasions and how whites are meant to be leaders and so on..

Its obviously apperent that these predictions are just acts of imaginations or suggestive thoughts but honestly,this is just not right.These usually involve "reptillian" invasions.

Im really sick of this.This new technique racist members bring in their ideas but pretend to be innocent.

Silent racism I call it.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Yes, degree matters to me a lot, as I have never owned a slave nor purposely hurt anyone that I can remember.

I wish to be left out of slave ownership and past bigotry, too.
On that we agree.

You say you never owned a slave, but did you ever kill a Jew? I know you haven't, I'm just trying to make a point.

Your 'sympathy' with Jews seems to be much stronger that your 'sympathy' with blacks. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I feel a little bit of hostility toward blacks and downright loving sympathy toward Jews from you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel a difference in your posts when you talk about the two.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just don't understand it the difference, that's all. Do you think that, in a way, black people kind of deserve their plight whereas Jews were totally innocent in theirs? Just asking.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I love the 'My plight's graver than your plight ' approach.
Here's a question...Who founded and presided over the N.A.A.C.P. in the United States for it's first 50 years?...a little clue....it wasn't black people.

Am I a curious soul or just anti-semetic?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the "anti-semitic" threads come in waves actually.
what happens is a few threads pop up with what appears to be good intensions and the thread quickly turns to the ugly side of religion.

more often than not it seems that the intention of the thread was the same as the outcome only the bias or hatred is tempered so as to draw people into it (I've fallen victim to that a few times myself).

speaking as a jew, I find some threads to be obvious in their intentions and others not and I'm not offended by any of them. everyone's entitled to their opinion, no matter how different it might be from mine and I everyone has the right to speak their mind. I have the right to not listen to it.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
double post

my bad

[edit on 3-3-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I wish to be left out of slave ownership and past bigotry, too.
On that we agree.

You say you never owned a slave, but did you ever kill a Jew? I know you haven't, I'm just trying to make a point.

Your 'sympathy' with Jews seems to be much stronger that your 'sympathy' with blacks. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I feel a little bit of hostility toward blacks and downright loving sympathy toward Jews from you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel a difference in your posts when you talk about the two.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just don't understand it the difference, that's all. Do you think that, in a way, black people kind of deserve their plight whereas Jews were totally innocent in theirs? Just asking.

You could have fooled me with the confrontation.
Not being politically active except in local affairs, I treat people the way they treat me, and I live in a predominately black neighborhood.Did not join the white flight movement out of the city.
Blacks tend to treat me with disrespect, and I do not care if it is because I am white or that is just their way, but I do not appreciate it.
I was engaged to a Jew recently and lived a year with a Sioux brave and NEVER was I shown any cracker loathing from them, so if I am treated well, the person to whom I am interacting will receive kindness as well from me.
It is the tude of a person that matters to me.
BTW, have you listened to any Bill Cosby speeches recently.
I may be a pisces-fish, but your bait, I am not taking.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Thats the beauty of the internet, the total anonimity, the fact that noone can judge. If one were to look in and judge, the most of us would be labeled as paranoid, bipolar, manic depressives, naysayers, and harbingers of doom. Say you are Jewish, noone but you would know it, why react to it? It only empowers those who are as sensible as warthogs.

We cannot walk in another's moccasins. so all a person can do is pray for the slaughter and hatred of others against each other, but when I see a special on tv where there are white power groups MANY of them all over the South and they have memberas as young as 13, saluting Hitler and calling the Jews all kinds of names, this surprised me as I thought the KKK and their ilk were gone, but THEY ARE BACK..This disturbs me, talking of the N word as gorillas.
I think this should be outed as they could only have strength in numbers.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
I love the 'My plight's graver than your plight ' approach.
Here's a question...Who founded and presided over the N.A.A.C.P. in the United States for it's first 50 years?...a little clue....it wasn't black people.

Am I a curious soul or just anti-semetic?

No, please enlighten me as to the founder.
I have no right to judge you as an individual, as I know you not and probably never will.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

speaking as a jew, I find some threads to be obvious in their intentions and others not and I'm not offended by any of them. everyone's entitled to their opinion, no matter how different it might be from mine and I everyone has the right to speak their mind. I have the right to not listen to it.

IF there were and I suppose there are a honky-slamming forums, a person has a right to say they hate whites, and I could not do one iota of anything to changes their minds.
IMO, this has to go person by person as hatred is ingrained in one's heart and from how the hated one has treated them.
IOW, a person who believes in karma could only do self-defense maneuvers if they feel they have been mis-treated because of skin color.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

BTW, have you listened to any Bill Cosby speeches recently.

Yes, and I agree with him for the most part. As well as Morgan Freeman.

I may be a pisces-fish, but your bait, I am not taking.

Well, ok. If my questions seem like bait to you, that tells me something. If you don't want to answer my questions, I guess I won't get a better understanding of your position, but it's not for my lack of trying.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join