It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hows this for fate and destiny...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i felt the desire to procreate...
and my ex girlfriend has just told me she is pregnant...
now the feelings i have had for a couple of weeks and i have only spoken to her once since i moved from california(a couple of weeks ago)...
she does not want to have the child for a fear of failure in her future...
and i have always said that i would not have children, and not because i dont want to, for i do...

what are your thoughts on abortion...
is it right for one to decide for another the path of another soul...
you can probably tell how i feel from my post...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Its a big decision but this line of yours is the kicker for me ...

is it right for one to decide for another the path of another soul...

no ....

What you have created together deserves the right to live, and you both need to mature into the roles that you together have made.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
on another note why do most black women(in america that i have come to love) today resent the present physical state...
it saddens the soul that people would believe in a diety and not their own connection with the great father...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Just my personal view.

You don't decide the path the soul does. If the decision is made for abortion any soul that may have taken the body prior to the decision won't do so. I also look at our race and see the effects of over-population. I personally would not feel right bringing another child into the world at this time. But then again, that's just me.

However, I could not even get close to thinking about that decision unless I was faced with it. Then I would have all manner of things to weigh out. Who knows, in the end I may decide that the responsibility is worth it. I'm sure I could be a good teacher/parent. I would probably still feel bad knowing what the child will have to go through.

So, my only real advise is weigh everything about. Pros/Cons type of thing. Think about all entities involved as well. Earth society is one great learning environment to be sure. It's a lot to think about.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i am a rich man with lots of love to share...
and i agree the soul will ultimately be the judge wether or not i am aware of that...
i had a dream before she was pregnant the the christ body visited me though...
and it makes me want to give her every opportunity to decide the right choice...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well first of all I don't see it as killing a soul since it's not exactly yours or your g/f's soul in the first place. You can do what you like with your own but that's it. Also depending on how early it is she might very well have a miscarriage. They are not all that uncommon nowadays but it's not something I'd rely on or anything as a way out.

I do think life is a precious thing and should be addressed with more respect than a "here today gone tomorrow" attitude as in today's society. However nothing is more destructive than a neglected child or one that grows up feeling like he/she is a problem or mistake. There are plenty of those kids and adults in the world already and it's not doing anyone any good.

Talk with your ex very seriously about this situation and even get help somewhere if needed before making up your minds. Whatever you decide is final, so get this one right! Also remember the most important thing that a child needs in this world is LOVE, UNDERSTANDING, & GUIDENCE. Those things come from within People so you and/or your ex can certainly provide them and have a healthy stable child. If you can't provide those things and cannot find anyone who can or will either, there is a good chance this child will grow up to be a real problem for himself as well as others.

That is all I will say on the subject as it is your responsibility to do the right thing and nobody elses.

One Side Note However:
Allow the advice of others if you ask for it, but tell anyone else who gets in your face (Pro-Life or Pro-Choice) with THEIR "ANSWER" for YOUR "SITUATION" to take a flying leap!

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
so as a man i stand on my decisions...
and yes it would be killing a soul if i killed my neighbor...
no discussion necessary with her for she knows where i stand...
i love and have as my ancestors me, so no fear is in the equation...
yet she has a soul and i would not mind her being the mother of a seed...

top topics

join