It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spider man 3 release date announced!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
so they say it should come out may 4 2007, this movie is going to be amazing! i read in the newspaper the villans would most likely be VENOM and SANDMAN. spiderman 2 was in the top 5 movies at its peak... imagine how amazing this movie will be. who else agrees??? cant wait to see this

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
2007?

That's a way off! At least it's only 10 days before my birthday!

On the issue of Venom, now I'm not a big comic buff, but isn't Venom someone that Peter knows? Someone that works at the paper?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought that the villain was the goblin in the first movie's son or was he the villian in the 2nd one i cant remeber who it was in that movie

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The guys at Sony are so confident in the Spider-Man franchise that they actually set the release date for Spider-Man 3 before Spider-Man 2 hit the theater.www.imdb.com

isn't Venom someone that Peter knows? Someone that works at the paper?

The Human part of Venom was Eddie Brock who was a rival of Parkers at the Daily Bugle.

Nygdan has posted a pretty good history of Venom on this thread.

Black costume in Spider-Man 3

I thought that the villain was the goblin in the first movie's son

Officially the only villain cast is Sandman. However Kirsten Dunst in an interview last year revealed that Topher Grace will be Venom. James Franco (Harry Osborn) is supposed to be returning in Spider-Man 3 as the Hobgoblin.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Umbrax...

Any info of how the other guy coming in as the goblin will be tied into the third installment.

The 2nd one ended with him finding the suit.. so how do you think this will play out?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the new villans venom and sandman should be in spiderman 3 not spiderman 2. yes venom used to be spidermans best bud... then they found this alien costume with evil powers. parker almost got sucked into it (the dark side of the costume) but didnt like it and threw it out. then his buddy came along, took the costume home, tried it on loved the feeling and became venom, he also has a big grudge against parker but thats another story to tell.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Umbrax...

Any info of how the other guy coming in as the goblin will be tied into the third installment.

James Franco will be back as Harry Osborn. Officialy he is not cast as the Hobgoblin but thatseems to be what is happening.

www.superherohype.com
"Yeah, that's one of the most frequently asked questions that I get. The films are pretty loyal to the comics. It's the spirit of the comics. It's no secret that Harry does become the second Green Goblin, or Green Goblin 2, but I know that I've talked a little bit with Sam about the 3rd one already, and nothing obvious is gonna happen. I don't think, it's not like we're going to redo number one. There will be surprises."

According to freezedriedmovies.com Franco will be the Hobgoblin.

James Franco will play HOBGOBLIN and not the Green Goblin II (like in the comics). No more info can be given at this time, but I've confirmed this with various sources and apparently it's quite well known.

If it is true then I suspect that they will make the Hobgoblin a good guy to team up with Spider-Man against Venom and Sandman. There are just too many characters in this movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
To many? Like in the comics when six of the baddies joined up under the King Pin to try and take out Spiderman and control of the city? Now that's to many characters, but it was a comic so...

Anyways, like the pic you have of Spiderman in his Venom Costume for your avatar, know if they are doing it comic book style of getting it or tv show style? I'm thinking tv show style, more action in New York City, with a space ship like the Columbia crashing on the bridge. Since this movie is centered on New York City makes sense they would go with that, or a whole new way! Maybe something Mr. Oswald was making before he died that finally escapes into the city!

I can't wait, I love SPiderman comics, and tv show, and movies.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
heres how it works with the baddies in spiderman 3 - more baddies=more action=morefans=more cash flow which is very good for the producers so more is better in this case i would think!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yay! I can't wait for this to be released. I love Spider-man.

Just so you all know:

James Franco - Harry Osborn/Green Goblin II
Thomas Haden Church - Flint Marko/Sandman
Topher Grace - Eddie Brock/Venom
IMDb

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Topher Grace - Eddie Brock/Venom
IMDb

Take note that IMBD has not listed who Topher Grace will play.
I get into that in detail on this thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i have a feeling venom and spidey will do battle in the next movie... but theyre both great fighters with unique styles. who do you guys think would win in a brawl, the giant venom or tiny fast spider man? i think venom will have the upper hand because of his strength, and hes quick too.

top topics

join