It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was/Is the Anti-Christ an Anti-Christian?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
All this talk on here about the anti-christ recently....just curious if people think this anti-christ is also an anti-christian.....

Like Benny Hinn...he's a christian and the anti-christ.....but the christian part is fake, so that doesn't count. What is a real Christian anyway? Is there such a thing?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Makes me think that one of the signs is one universal religion. I imagine if you have to get to heaven through Christ this would be one religion or if an anti christ shows up everyone may look for the real christ. Ah babel.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Hmm, I've never really thought about that before. Would the person go professing goodness, peace, and kindness (the Jesus type) while actively being Christian as well (though with dark motives, I'd imagine, being anti); or would they be Jesus type and yet have a deep dislike for Christianity? Interesting...

(And I'm only using the Jesus type for example, the anti-Christ could act however he or she wanted, as long as it got a lot of people to follow, I suppose.)

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A christian is generally one who accepts the godhead and saving power of jesus. However, this isn't a perfect definition, since Unitarian christians don't accept the godhead of jesus, so far as I understand.

So if the anti-christ were to exist, could it be a christian? Can the anti-christ accept jesus as saviour and encourage others to do so?

Seems doubtful. I take 'anti-christ' to mean 'in place of, or before' christ, "ante", or 'the opposite of' c.f. 'anti'. I don't see how either of those can work along with the anti-christ also being a christer. Perhaps if the anti-christ were to say 'I am jesus, I have returned, this is the apocalypse' then that might work. Indeed, one of the interesting things about the warning in revelation is that its directed and addressed to christians. Why would this be necessary, why would christians drop christ in exchange for some other prophet and god? If most christians fall on the wrong side at the apocalypse, which is the import of it all, then the anti-christ would have to appear as christ, be convincing as christ to the majority of christians, fufil the requirements of christ in revelation.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A Christian is one who accepts Christ as his savior, confesses his sins and then repents.
There will be a whole lot of people who are going to be looking surprised when they are told, "Depart for I know ye not."
Some, like maybe a few of those televangelists that some think are really wonderful, aren't even expecting to get through the gate, they are just making gobs of money off of undiscerning people.

By definition, the anti-Christ cannot be a Christian, but you have raised an interesting question; will he appear to be a Christian.

My guess is, people will want to claim that he is. He might even mention the word, god, and he might quote from the Bible and the Torah from time to time to give the appearance of trustworthiness.
Gee, that sounds a lot like thelast two U.S. administrations, doesn't it?

Spirituality, faith and theology discussion, by the way.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Think about the only godlike figure on the face of this earth that is a living human being. There is ONLY one. The pope.
That answers in itself your question. Take into consideration that he isn't the one to force the population to accept his mark but rather the 'God Like' figure that the political beast/anti-christ will require the population to worship.

I'll take a leap further to say, keep your eyes open the moment a convenient 'terrorist' attack on the dome of the rock takes place. Watch the papacy step right up, rebuild and move in.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Until anyone can give me a better candidate than the Roman Catholic Church, I will have to wait. No other organization fits ALL criteria.

remnantofgod.org...

new topics

top topics

join