It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accepted Russian deal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Looks like we have agreed with the Russians to set up a joint venture to enrich uranium in Russia, no more suspecions and it's all over of people claiming Iran is after nukes... but one thing still bothers me... will US still declare war with iran because of the oil bourse that were going to cause?.

BUSHEHR, February 26 (RIA Novosti) - Russia and Iran have agreed to set up a joint uranium enrichment venture in Russia, the Iranian vice president said Sunday. "We held talks with the Russian side on Russia's proposal yesterday and today. The talks saw good progress. Both sides are pleased with the talks," Gholamreza Agazadeh said after a meeting with Russia's nuclear chief Sergei Kiriyenko.

en.rian.ru...

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I guess we might see some new terrorist attacks in Israel/EU/US by Iran which the US can use to justify the inevitable attack on Iran... I bet that jackass GB is kicking himself being the blood lusting oil barren he is..

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If that news is true, I wonder how the warmongers in Washington's gonna sell the idea of a "pre-emptive attack" on Iran. Maybe "irrefutable proof" of al-Qaeda connection or maybe the missing WMDs from Iraq suddenly got transfered from Syria to Iran?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
well, at last some good news relative to the Iranian nuclear situation. It's one thing though to agree with words and quite another to actually follow through with verifiable action. I'm very suspicious of the Iranians with regard to their nuclear aspirations. They kept everything top secret just as long as they could and only admitted what they were doing after they were caught red-handed. They have repeatedly said they would not give up their right to enrich uranium in Iran--I wonder exactly what has changed and whether they intend to continue covertly.

For that matter, I don't completely trust the Russians either. There have been several editiorials in Russian newspapers recently that tend to demonize the U.S. and NATO.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
While I am pleased to hear some good news for a change I have to agree I dont trust Russia or Iran.

On the other hand this saves the US another war it doesnt really need right now.
good news indeed.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
While I am pleased to hear some good news for a change I have to agree I dont trust Russia or Iran.

On the other hand this saves the US another war it doesnt really need right now.
good news indeed.

I think Russia did it to meet the UN's/IAEA need of demands... but really what about the oil bourse and the war that is suppose to stop us from doing it?.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Great news. This may well save another conflict. I would wait a week before calling this a slam dunk, havent we seen this before, rumors of Iran and Russia coming to a deal then all of the sudden its off? I'm not gonna bank on it 100%, just for this reason, things change and happen so fast sometimes you dont know what happened. I hope its true, but I cant reason that this will last very long in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From what I have read about this "basic" agreement on the deal, it involves Iran enriching uranium in both Iran and Russia, something that I doubt will be acceptable to the US, at least unless there are provisions (outside inspection) to ensure the uranium is not being enriched to weapons grade. We'll see, but I wouldn't say the issue has been defused just yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
For some reason I'm not that 'inspired' by the fact that Russia and China are working so well with Iran.

China lays down gauntlet

Given the nature of the Bush administration's rush to war in Iraq in 2003, where China had a major stake in oil development, and the subsequent US blocking of other Chinese attempts at securing energy independence, including Unocal, it is not surprising that Beijing is taking extraordinary measures to secure its long-term oil and gas supply.

Energy is the Achilles' heel of China's economic growth. Beijing knows that only too well. So does Washington. A decision by Washington to take military action against Iran now would pull a far larger cast of actors into the fray than Iraq.

It looks like the 'cold war' is heating up.

If something happens that would cause the U.S. to attack Iran, does that mean they will be 'backed' by Russia and China?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
this is good news.

but is this really going to stop israel from bombing Iran.
Israel has been demanding a regime change an dinvasion of iran from the whitehouse for almost 3 years now.

www.haaretzdaily.com...

i think israel will attack iran in a sneak unprovoked attack and then drag the united states and iran into a war while it sits back.

hopefully this move by Iran will get Iran the international support that it needs right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't think the news is as good as you would hope..

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Russian compromise proposal is that Iran move all the sensitive parts of its nuclear programme to Russian soil to allay Western concerns.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is just more stalling from Iran I'm afraid. They've not agreed to move enrichment into Russia fully at all - and they say they will always have the right to do it themselves. They're just trying to keep Russia on-side and try and cause a rift in the EU/UN which may ultimately save them from sanctions. I thought it was obvious this would happen to be honest.

Nothing has changed.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
good news indeed!! well done to russia, finding a peaceful solution (for once)

oh well, that sure pissed on bush&blairs bonfire!! so now iran is out of the acquisition anymore oil rich countrys??

[edit on 26-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only thing that will drag the U.S. into a war with Iran is Iran.
I suggest while some of you call names on the U.S. and Israel that you try and be at least a LITTLE balanced and recognize what the Iranian president has said and continues to say.

While all of this can go up in smoke in a very short span of time, I am hoping fo rthe best. It might be that the Iranians are doing the typical Iranian flamboyancy routine and are going to smart thing in the long run, but I'm still not sure what the leader doesn't want war to further inflame a jihad.
We'll just have to wait and see.
If he actually gets some nuclear energy started over there, I suggest we make him the Department of Energy head in the U.S. after he retires from his Iranian government job. We could use some help getting such ideas pushed through the green floks. I think he's just the man to make some heads roll to get the job done!

top topics

join