It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooooops!!! Got caught!! "Come to Jesus" message compliments of the US taxpayer!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
abstinence isn't just about not having sex with many parteners, but rather, not having sex.....untill you are married, or untill you are ready to have children, depending on your view, I guess.

education isn't just about teaching kids what they need to know for that day, but rather, teaching them the skills they will need not only that day, but for the rest of their lifetime....susposedly.

a have a strange philosophy when it comes to kids, anything that you prohibit them to do, well, you probably shouldn't be doing it either, really. so, well, the kids should be abstaining from sex, until they are ready to have children both physically, emotionally, and materially....so, well, are the adults willing to live by the same rule?

just because one is married, doesn't mean one is equipped to take on having a kid does it? didn't think so. and well, even if married, and all financially set, if a couple already has 10 kids and mom already feels overwelmed, well, is it wise to have more?

isn't this what we married adults use birth control for???
why do we expect more from our children that we are willing to do ourselves?

A marriage is an incredibly important union made by two people who should be emotionally mature enough to make that decision. If you love somebody enough to devote your entire life to them, chances are you're ready to have a child with them. That's how I see it. When you teach or promote abstinence, you're trying to force them into abstaining, and telling them that they can NEVER have sex, or else! You're trying to show them the rewards and value of not having sex until you are emotionally ready. My personal belief is that no 15 year old is emotaionlly mature enough to have sex. In fact, I know very few 18 year olds that are emotionally mature enough to have sex, so why is it that I still remain one of the incredibly few at my age who haven't done so? It's a personal choice of mine. I see sex as something that's a really big commitment - something that you shouldn't do until you're totally ready. But like I said, that's a personal choice. I don't frown on people who don't make that choice, but I also don't see any thing wrong with trying to convince kids to abstain. If we can do it with other things, we can do it with abstinence.

<< 1   >>

join