It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony/Yakuza connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What is this I read about a connection between The Sony Corporation (amongst other high tech co's) and the Yakuza? Interesting...
I guess it would give the Yakuza an edge, having connections with cutting edge high-tech companies...
Anyone care to comment?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Would it really be a big surprice if Yakuza actually had something to do with the all Japanese corps?

Actually i hear that Yakuza is Japan.

Allways has been, allways will be.

BANZAI!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
LOL, yeah I guess...But still? A huge int. corp. like Sony? Any hard evidence to support that?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
An interesting find...

Keeping their cash to themselves helped corporations finance capital investment and fuel the nation's postwar recovery. Yet executives' reliance on mobsters turned out to be a Faustian bargain. By the 1970s, the sokaiya had figured out how to become stockholders themselves and threaten to ask embarrassing questions at annual meetings. Sony Corp. executivesstill recall what happened when a sokaiya group swooped down in 1984. At the time, Sony's Betamax standard for videocassette recorders was floundering. As then-Chairman Akio Morita watched with discomfort, the sokaiya turned what would have been a brief annual meeting into a 13 1/2-hour grilling of Sony about its strategy. Sony says it never paid off the sokaiya.

www.calbaptist.edu...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
yakuza means like 8 3 9 or something i can't remember the numbers... i know its from a card game... thats like 21 but you want to get 19 and 8 3 9 = 20

so it's like a term for outcasts/misfits something like that.

not too sure about sony connection althought sony has some DEEEEP pockets.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Crayon: interesting link! Dang!, didn't realize the extend of corporate blackmail, in Japan, even today! BTW, what molecule is that you use as your avatar?

Lysergic: (I see strange colors
) Never heard of the number thing...Nice anecdote!

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by operatoreleven]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Ya-ku-za
The word yakuza means 8-9-3. Ya means 8, ku 9, za 3. it comes from Japans counterpart to Black Jack, Oicho- Kabu.
The generally difference between the both cardgames are that in Oicho- Kabu the cards rate shall be 19 instead of 21. As you see, the sum of 8, 9 and 3, is 20, which is without any worth in Oicho-Kabu. It's from there the name, yakuza, comes from, they without worth for the society. This don�t mean that they are for no use for the society, it means that the members are people that somehow not fits in to the society, societies misfits.

w1.313.telia.com...

If you are begining to see the bright colors.... Then everything is going according to plan /wink

*Lysergic grins as you take a sip from your drink.*

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Has anybody noticed that the Yakuza are a gang in Grand Theft Auto 3 for the Sony Playstation? I don't know anything about it, but when I saw Yakuza that's the first thing I thought of.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
havent played that game in years, but i believe they are in every version of it ... and they are the only respectable looking ones, makes you think for a second

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJeSta
havent played that game in years, but i believe they are in every version of it ... and they are the only respectable looking ones, makes you think for a second

I never thought about that but your kinda of right. The Triads are running around in what looks like blue jumpsuits and drive fish vans and the Yakuza have nice suits and drive nice sport cars. Though the Mafia in the game are pretty good with their suits and nice black sedans. Who knows it was made for Sony but made by rockstar a American company.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
heh maybe the mafia are with rockstar and the yakuza are with sony

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by slickwilly95991
I don't know anything about it, but when I saw Yakuza that's the first thing I thought of.

The Yakuza are the japenese mafia. The gang, born in 1612, they were known as Kabuki-mono (the crazy ones). They ended up becoming one of the strongest gangs in Japan.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey maybe thats why my idiotic friend bought a PS2. But I woundn't be suprised if the only reason Windows 95 sold at all was because of the American Mafia also known as the Fox News Corporation.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
the yakuza are very fashion concious. I don't know if they still do it but back in the late eighties early nineties there were a lot of Yakuza walking around with perms.

Flashy suit, missing pinky, big afro. It was quite something.

Most Yakuza families are involved in legitimate business. Even now the Yakuza can best be compared to the Italian mafia of the fifties, they're into everything both legitimate and not so.

Sony isn't the only corporation (Japanese or otherwise) that the yakuza is involved in.

Spiderj

top topics

join