It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia preparing for nuclear war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Last week i have an order to deliver to Urals(i'm working in logistics)Order was some kind of colling systems,as i suggest!!Strange was that i pas the border Russisa relative easy, but problems was starting about 50 km before my destination!!I was stop by the russian military and examine for about 1 hour about what im doing, and what is my purpouse, and is my papers clean!!If I had cargo whit weapons than i would understand, but my cargo was only a couple of fans!!After hour of examination i was an able to continue going. My destination was Beloretsk.When i finaly have reach it i had a feeling that i was im somekind military city!!On every courner was a military patrol and as i have seen there was large contingent of russian soldiers whit no identification signes!I was double checked an so my cargo!!After unloading cargo i wanted to stay in the city for a night but i was kindly ask to get out the city!!That was very strange and after i returned home I checked in russian sites!it shows up that russian military are constructing very large bunker there!!And in past 10 years russian goverment has spend over 6 billions(!!!!)dollars in bunker constructing and upgrade!!The have about 200 bunkers that hey are upgrading and constructing!!Maybe i'm not right but i think they are preparing for somekind of war or cataclyzm!!
Sorry for my english!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Mate, Russia has been preparing for a nuclear war since nukes were invented.

Beloretsk 15 & 16 are two cities set up to house the builders and workers of the Yamantau mountain - which they are on top of - the world's largest....structure.

It's a huge underground city, spanning at least 400sqkm, which has been under extensive construction and upgrading for the last 30 years. Countless billions have been spent on it.

It's certaintly the biggest, but Russia has over 200 other 100% nuclear proof bunkers.

Nothing as good as Yamantau though, it is built to take hundreds of nukes.
Scary

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Manincloak]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I find this particular very interesting.

Have you read "New Lies for Old" or "The Perestoika Deception" by Anatoly Golitsyn (ex-Soviet KGB)? He describes a long range Soviet/KGB deception aimed at disarming the West and leading to a nuclear strike on the US - you can read up more information here

You may want to visit The Final Phase Forum where they discuss this exact topic. Bear in mind that the majority of their members are very conservative and religious - other than that, there is some good information and some well done research backing up their theories.

Another person you may find of interest is Jeff Nyquist who has his own website and research dedicated to Anatoly Golitsyn and Soviet deception. The forum above is also dedicated and regularly discuss Jeff Nyquist research. I believe he is also a highly recognised and reputable financial commentor/researcher.

And finally, also relating to the above, is Joel Skousen, who has a page dedicated to the threats posed by Russia, China and the NWO at his website here. Again, quite conservative and religious, but good research and backing of his ideas and opinions.

It's certainly interesting reading and something that is highly probable. I'm sure many of you here are well aware that President Putin is an ex-KGB agent.

Anyway, a perfect topic for the perfect forum, IMO

I look forward to hearing some of the ATS members thoughts on this.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That would be Russia's massive Yamantau Mountain complex AKA the "Magic Mountain". Its a multi-billion dollar complex Russia constructed for god knows what some people estimate its size at 400 square miles.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

All constructed when Russia was reported broke complaining about even paying its share of the ISS.

Some think its a Doomsday bunker, some think its Russia new version of the US NORAD, some think its a secret nuclear weapons construction lab truth is nobody knows it one of the best kept Russian secret what goes on there.

Even Yamantau Mountain is not invincible to a nuclear weapons nothing really is, though its what people in the US call a nuclear weapons sink . It would require multiple direct nuclear hits to take out.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

Ram

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I see it strange that Putin has started to show up in the media lately..
Talking to Iran..
And the talk is about Atomic-stuff. I wonder what they are really talking about... I just find it strange. I know nothing... People please add to this thread...If you know more than i do. I smell trouble.
Something is not right...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
this post has really sparked my interest i plan to read those links on sat. when i have the time. i have to finish my work asap. so that i have the time.

Ram

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Great links James Daniel...
I just read some of it - nasty things that don't come in the media..

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
Mate, Russia has been preparing for a nuclear war since nukes were invented.

Beloretsk 15 & 16 are two cities set up to house the builders and workers of the Yamantau mountain - which they are on top of - the world's largest....structure.

I have read the article about Beloretsk!But question is on what purpouse is that extra large bunker constructing!!!Cold War is over, at least it is sad so.I have speak whit my colleague whos had travel much more in Russia, and his sad that Russian military facilities are working whit full speed!!If Russia is so peaceful why they need so much nuclearsafe bunkers, and other ''great peaceful stuf"!!!I fear that history is repeating as before WW2,every one knows about it but all is considered that it would never hapen!!!!Get real, my folk have suffered from Russians over 80 Years and trust me we know what are they capable off!!!They are everything but not peaceful!!!

MOD EDIT: Fixing quotes.

[edit on 2/23/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So what?

Everyone has the right to build nuclear-resistant shelters. And everyone should.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You're welcome, Ram.

Dmitriy, I don't believe anybody is saying that Russia shouldn't build nulcear bunkers. We are simply analysing the reason why - after all, the Cold War is over and the last I checked, Russia didn't have any enemies with the capacity to pose any significant nuclear threat to warrant the investment of millions (if not billions) in building and upgrading nuclear bunkers.

No need to get defensive - kind of reminds me of those who jump to the defence of Iran, in regards to developing nuclear weapons. They are that fast to jump in, that they forget to do any research themselves

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Most of the older US and Russian nuclear bunkers were built when nuclear weapons werent very accurate and never designed for a direct hit as that wasnt very likely. Modern nukes can be pinpoint accurate so both sides has to upgrade their bunkers if they want the same level of protection.

But if Yamantau is really as big as claimed 400 Sq miles that raises some questions. Thats a unheard of size for any bunker. Thats a hidden city you could be doing anything in.

Russia could say its decreasing the number of nuclear weapons like the US and Russia agreed to and all the while creating unheard of amounts of new ones in Yamantau while dismantling the old junk on the surface.

Such actions could create a huge missile gap if the US was fooled into really decreasing its numbers while Russia double its production.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If I had to choose between hiding in a bunker forever, or just being incinerated, I am almost inclined to pick the latter.

Theoretically, is there any place on earth that would be safe from the effects of an US/China/Russia/MidEast nuclear war? Everyone says it would mean complete destruction of the world. Will it be so literally? I am sure the rock will still spin, but will any continent be able to sustain life after a nuclear war? I have never done any in-depth research on the subject of nukes, but I have read that they are hundreds of times more powerful than the bombs we have seen tested in videos.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont know if everyone would die in a full scale nuclear war but the earth would no doubt be a mess. Im sure all the countries would use there Bio and chemical weapons as well no reason to save them. Some of the Bio weapons are even more scary then nuclear weapons. Who in their right mind would want to emerge to a radioactive, poisoned mess of a world that would likely make third world countries seems like paradise.

The aftermath the Famine, diease and radiation could kill more then the nuclear weapons going off.

Those that managed to survive would be sent into a new dark age that would be horrible. Personally I rather be vaporised in a nuclear hit you wouldnt even know what hit you.

Best case maybe something like in the Mad max movies I would say. Worst case the extinction on humans and insects get a chance at ruling the world again.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't believe for a second Russia is "preparing" for a nuclear war. It has no interest in initiating one, and isn't really a target for any other nuclear power.

The Yamantau project probably has a lot of Soviet-era inertia behind it, with a lot of funds traditionally earmarked for it. It's a cool thing to have, too.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The thing is, if Russia were to hit us with a fast first strike (wouldnt have to be all that fast, the alledged Terrorists had 2 hours on 9/11) the main defence they would have to put up, would be against our Ohio class boomers.

With a first strike, and a mountain that can take multiple hits, with 400 square miles of city, it could be done. Heck the UAE owns six of our main ports, sneak a few nukes inside, blast a few cities as a diversion, then launch your nukes! BOOM!

I don't believe for a second Russia is "preparing" for a nuclear war. It has no interest in initiating one, and isn't really a target for any other nuclear power.

Russia has been preparing for something like a nuclear war for over 750 years. They have been fighting and scratching from the Moscow area outward since they had set thremselves free from the Mongles in 1250. They never gave up and never will. The Russian Bear will never let themselves be in a postion of being in servitude of another country again. They have and still do see the USA as a threat. Our years of propaganda has made them very paraniod of us.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't think Yamantau or any other underground facility in existence could withstand several direct, high yield hits in a short period. Unlike old weapons, new ones are able to be accurately delivered, like lightning striking the same place over and over. I can imagine that many high yield bunker busters delivered one after the other would destroy these underground facilities. Also, I'm sure whatever the Russians have going on down there, is known to U.S. intelligence, and vice versa. Russia has no deisre to start a nuclear war, even if Yamantau could survive, would they want to live down there forever? There would be nothing left of their country when they emerged, and the world wouldn't be worth conquering. It's just not gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
All constructed when Russia was reported broke complaining about even paying its share of the ISS.

Yeh, we can see their priorities are in order eh? lol.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Even Yamantau Mountain is not invincible to a nuclear weapons nothing really is, though its what people in the US call a nuclear weapons sink . It would require multiple direct nuclear hits to take out.

If I'm not mistaken....an estimated dozen nukes, all hitting directly one after another, with no or next to no interval, in the exact same spot.

Impossible in real world terms.

Originally posted by swesais
If Russia is so peaceful why they need so much nuclearsafe bunkers, and other ''great peaceful stuf"!!!I

Because many predict that a nuclear war is inevitable.

And many yet say that Russia / Soviet Union is extremely deceptive, up to and beyond breaking up for the sole purpose of misleading and disarming USA.

I'm not sure if I believe that, but you can imagine how scary that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
If I'm not mistaken....an estimated dozen nukes, all hitting directly one after another, with no or next to no interval, in the exact same spot.

What would an interval have to do with anything? Are you suggesting the earth will repair itself if another nuke doesn't hit within a few minutes timeframe? It could be a dozen nukes over a period of a week, and the spot doesn't have to be the exact same when talking high yield nukes, there's a few feet of wiggle room. Technology allows for much more accurate targeting these days you know.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Maybe the only kind of nuke that would be set off in Russia is nukes by terrorists. The united states or Iran or China will never launch nukes against Russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
What would an interval have to do with anything?

More energy released within a space of time.

Originally posted by 27jdIt could be a dozen nukes over a period of a week, and the spot doesn't have to be the exact same when talking high yield nukes, there's a few feet of wiggle room.

You're underestimating the facility's ability to take a lot of nukes here.

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85
Maybe the only kind of nuke that would be set off in Russia is nukes by terrorists. The united states or Iran or China will never launch nukes against Russia.

So what, if Russia nuked USA, you expect them to sit there sucking their thumbs?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join