It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

under the sand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the mongolian death worm is a cryptid that supposedly lives in the gobi desert. this is about four feet long, a reddish color, and very dangerous, with the ability spray venom/acid, and even has the ability to electrocute victims. the spraying of some sort of venom or acid is fairly believeable, but the electrical abilities is pushing it a bit. i know that there are animals withe the ability to electrocute, but if i am not mistaken the are all aquatic. while some sort of adder seems fairly reasonable, it does not mactch up along the lines of the worm's head and tail are indistinguishable, the ribbed pattern of the worm (much like an earthworm), and i am pretty sure that there are no adders in that area of the world. it could be a new species of giant worm, only it would have to have a special coating around it to keep from drying out, especially since it is senn almost exclusivily in the hottest months of the year. im not sure about this one, any ideas?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Do the Mongolian Death Worms have large talons?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
there have been a few reports of small claws. but the majority of them look like just a large worm, no claws or anything of the sort.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I read about this in the paper a few months ago. A team from, i think from the UK, went in search for this worm and found nothing. A few expeditions have set out to find this worm and all have come back with nothing. sade realy, as it would be an amazing discovery. Ive not heard of the mongolian worm having claws but it is said to have hundreds of razor sharp teeth.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ahahahaha CRICKET. Dont worry, I got it.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i dont get the joke, anyone care to explain?

but other than that, noeone really seems to have much interest in this. either that or just no has new ideas. if anyone has any, please post them because im very interested in cryptozoology, and this is one of the most fascinating cryptids, in my opinion at least.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A quick search reveals several different threads on this topic already discussed.

From memory, I don't believe any evidence has ever been offered as to their existance. Although, as one member stated...(not exact words ) the Mongolians didn't fear too many things, but they did fear the DeathWorm.

You may find some more info within the previous threads.

Earliest example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Finally somebody got the post that I made!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's from Napoleon Dynamite, lol. As for the death worm, it sounds interesting. Anymore links?

[edit on 24-2-2006 by Technical]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's from Napoleon Dynamite, lol.

ahh, that explains why i didnt get it. i never saw the movie.

As for the death worm, it sounds interesting. Anymore links?

Here's a few more:

www.forteantimes.com...

www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk...

news.mongabay.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
where are the bodies

if this MDW is killing anyone who looks at it , where are the bodies of its " victims " ??????

or are they carried off by the MJW = mongolian janitor worm ???

just a thought - YMMV

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
Do the Mongolian Death Worms have large talons?

that cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Death Worm, gimme some of your tots!"

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
where are the bodies

if this MDW is killing anyone who looks at it , where are the bodies of its " victims " ??????

1) not everyone who sees is killed , and a lot of times when one person is, whoever is with them just runs, possibly forgetting where they were when the worm attacked.

2)when someone is killed and left in the desert for even a short length of time, anything from scavengers that happen to be nearby could eaten the body, or a sand storm could have possibly covered it up.

3)the bodies that are recovered very well could be buried in a grave. in most cultures it is considered disrespectful to disturb the dead, resulting in the lack of dug-up bodies. although i am not certain, it is likely this the case with mongolian culture.

top topics

join