It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mongolian Deathworm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Has anybody got any "recent" accounts or photo's of the legendary mongolian death worm that suppossedly has been seen in the Gobi desert?
It suppossedly can spit poison and kill a horse or human.
here is a link:
www.sciencedaily.com...

www.parascope.com...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've never heard of such a thing, and went looking. Found a rather large list of links via Google, and this:

A multi page articla on "Fortean Times". Never actually read this mag, but I've seen it around. Here's a link to the Article

Whatever it might be, I don't want to meet it on a dark and stormy night. Cliche intended.

-VW

And, after checking a 2nd time to make sure, I also found an older thread on ATS:

HERE

[edit on 7-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah that thread lead to another thread but they both got sidetracked on NewZealand Marsupials & parasites. Plus both those threads had posters saying they were going to Mongolia. I was hoping for something recent.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, but it seems no one has any pictures or anything which makes me wonder. Maybe they confused a displaced Komodo Dragon, allthough I have no idea how you would confusion the two. I never heard of this "Mythical" Creature before. It would be very interesting if they actually find a live specimen)

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmmm...it sounds like something out of Dune. I think the main problem is that no one has been able to even catch photographic proof of this creature. It sounds like a burrowing type that might also be quite nocturnal as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There was a long thread on this a while back...I believe the conclusion by most was bunk...will look for it when time permits...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People could have mistaken a normal Cobra for this thing too.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Any of you ever heard of a spitting cobra? May have got lost when it was on holiday or something....

(Unless they happen to live there, in which case it might not be lost!)

new topics

top topics

join