It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ivory Billed Woodpecker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Not entirly sure if this has already been discussed, I'm a tad new n_n';
**edit*** since I couldn't find the original link to where I researched this based from, heres this link (don't kill me, X_x I seriously lost the link) ---> www.birdingamerica.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Mmmm, looks delicous...

No Woody Wood pecker though.

You hear about that Lost World they found in like Indonesia? New mammals, birds, amphibians, plants, so forth. it is amazing what we still find today.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Are you perhaps refering to this: news.bbc.co.uk... ?? o.o
I think I was bouncing around for hours after I learned about that! It makes me quite happy things are being discovered like that, whats next, the living sauropod dinosaur, I wonder? XD

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ahh the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, a wonderful looking bird. But some new sightings are actually sightings of the Pileated Woodpecker, which is a close relative of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. I, however, have on video a sighting of a pair of Ivory Billed Woodpeckers in my backyard. My backyard is a 2-acre wildlife sanctuary and many different species of birds come all around the year, they come here because of rapid construction of homes all around and this is about the only forested area around for a few miles. But I will try to somehow get that movie we have uploaded and I'll post the link when I do. But I read in 2002, that a survey was made and most zoologists agreed that the Ivory Billed Woodpecker was still around and its numbers were going back up. Hopefully so, because its awesome to see this beautiful bird.

*Note how similar the two species are in these two pictures.

Here is a Pileated Woodpecker:

And Here is an Ivory-Billed Woodpecker:

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Semiazas]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Arkansas, the last best place to hide. Thats why I live here and i'm sure its why the Ivory Billed has chosen to live here as well. Its hard for them to shoot you if they can't find you

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semiazas
I, however, have on video a sighting of a pair of Ivory Billed Woodpeckers in my backyard.

Wow, that's awsome xD...Yea, the two species look quite similar. It would be easy for them to get mixed up, hopefully though, we'll be seeing more of the Ivory billeds

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senaru

Originally posted by Semiazas
I, however, have on video a sighting of a pair of Ivory Billed Woodpeckers in my backyard.

Wow, that's awsome xD...Yea, the two species look quite similar. It would be easy for them to get mixed up, hopefully though, we'll be seeing more of the Ivory billeds

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

haha abit late but is this your bird?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There was a great documentary made about the Ivory Bill called "Ghost Bird". It was streaming on Netflix for a while, (might still be).

The conclusion that they came to was that the Ivory Billed Woodpecker was probably NOT still in existence, but that the notion of it inhabiting a certain area of Arkansas was enough to procure government funding for a small town on the verge of folding in on itself.

top topics

join