It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toledo-Area Men Arrested for Terrorist Activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How much you wanna bet these guys have no idea what is going on? So far we have what the media, owned by the republicans, tells us. For all we know it could have been this...

"Gee, we look bad, well, worse then normal, what do we do?"
"Let's arrest people and say they were terrorists!"
"Great Idea! But make sure they are democrats, and in a swing state, no point in doing it in a state like Texas where we win no matter what we do."

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
DS, I don't think people here have time to discuss hypothetical what if’s, If you have any evidence to back up your claim please inform us of it, otherwise stick to the topic.
I understand that its very difficult for some people to comprehend that there's a world out there where not everything revolves around republicans but please do try to.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hey where is the proof? So I go on the news and say "12 men were arrested for plotting a terrorist attack." so they are guilty? How do we know? How many people are falsely arrested every day? How many people have been tortured, then released, because they were innoccent?

Until these men have a unbiased trial and are found guilty I only see it as a ploy to distract people from the VP hunting people, the wiretapping, the Plame case, the WMDs not in Iraq, Katrina screw up, the stacking of Supreme Court, Halliburton "losing" 1.1 trillion dollars, the give aways of contracts to Halliburton, the poison water they served to troops, lack of armor in Iraq, tax cuts for rich while cutting programs for poor, staged town halls, gay prostitutes in press conferences, lack of response to warnings about OBL attacking America from Germany and Israel and FBI and CIA, lack of response once the President knew we were under attack, Tom Delay and Company, Tommy Noel(Hey, two Toms in trouble!) from Ohio doing stuff with campaign stuff that was illegal, uh, thats all I can think of for now.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality

Actually im not a muslim, it just annoys me to hear retarded people speak (or type) crap they know nothing about, and would be scared to say in public.

I Guess your limited education never mentioned the crusades? Why is it you Americans seem to forget all the evil things you are responsible for? You say other countries are uncivil, so why is it your country so rich from its stolen wealth is full of murders? Are most Americans dumb rednecks like Bush? That is not an insult by the way its a question, you Americans in general seem to love to have a "bad guy" to hate, i guess you are just never happy unless your killing some poor group of people.

To you and Dafunk, how come anyone who says they think the country is doing good is a Bush supporting Redneck. Do you even know what the Crusades are about? They have nothing to do with the US for gods sake. It is a Holy war that has lasted since around 650 AD, between Christians/Jews and Moslems, and the fight of the Christians/Jews to resist the Moslem influence in the West. They fought for over 700 years. I won't waste any more of my time on your history lesson.

This is why we need wiretaps and surviellence at Mosques. Why not, it wasn't a plane full of American Indians in jets on 9/11.

Again, hopefully this will lead to more arrests.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is why we need wiretaps and surviellence at Mosques. Why not, it wasn't a plane full of American Indians in jets on 9/11.

But, it was white boys who brought down the Oklahoma City Federal Building. How soon people choose to forget...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hey where is the proof? So I go on the news and say "12 men were arrested for plotting a terrorist attack." so they are guilty? How do we know? How many people are falsely arrested every day? How many people have been tortured, then released, because they were innoccent?

No, they were indicted by a grand jury, we obviously can’t say that they're guilty or innocent until the trial but that shouldn’t stop us from discussing the aspects of this case.
However what you are trying to do is discredit this case, not by showing us evidence pertaining to the case but by bringing up unrelated events and trying to tie them up to this case. Sir I suggest you give it up, everyone can see right thru what you’re trying to do.

But, it was white boys who brought down the Oklahoma City Federal Building. How soon people choose to forget...

Yes I agree with you, whatever your religion or color you should know that plotting to kill US troops or wage war against the US will only land you in prison. People shouldn’t think that only Muslims can be terrorists.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm reserving judgment until I see more hard facts and less speculation.

I trust the current admin about as far as I can throw them, on the other hand I have little use for the the jihadi crowd either.

If ithe plot's for real, then I hope we throw away the key to whatever hole they get locked in.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
These were extremest Muslim hate mongers, thankfully they were stupid enough to allow a government operative to infiltrate their cell. If convicted they should die publicly, not painfully...a humain injection. We need to set an example, if you are involved in terrorism you die and all of your possessions are seized, liquidated and donated to the families of 9/11 victims.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I'm reserving judgment until I see more hard facts and less speculation.

I trust the current admin about as far as I can throw them, on the other hand I have little use for the the jihadi crowd either.

If ithe plot's for real, then I hope we throw away the key to whatever hole they get locked in.

Exactly! They aren't guilty yet as they haven't been to trial. So many people willing to jump the gun and say they are terrorsists without any proof. For all we know they could be one of the hundreds tortured and released for being innoccent.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

3 Charged With Planning Attacks in Iraq

CLEVELAND - Three Muslim men from the Middle East were charged Tuesday with plotting terrorist attacks against U.S. and coalition troops in Iraq and other countries.

All three had lived in Toledo within the past year and were arrested over the weekend — two of them in Toledo, the third in Jordan, authorities said.
An unidentified a U.S. citizen with a military background helped the government foil the plot by working with the suspects while secretly gathering evidence, according to the indictment.

"This case stands as a reminder of the need for continued vigilance in the war on terrorism," Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said in Washington.

L ink

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Three Ohio men indicted in alleged Iraq plot

CLEVELAND - A federal grand jury indicted three Ohio men on terrorism charges alleging they planned attacks to kill U.S. and coalition military personnel in Iraq and other countries.

The indictment says the group also traveled together to a shooting range to practice shooting guns and studied how to make explosives.
It also alleges that at least one of the men researched and solicited funding for the training, including getting unspecified government grants and private sponsors. The indictment does not say which government or name any potential sponsors.

Amawi is accused of twice threatening in conversations to kill or injure Bush. He also is charged with distributing information about the making and use of an explosive device.

The indictment accuses him of offering to use his dealership as a cover for traveling to and from Iraq so that he could learn how to build small explosives using household materials.

El-Hindi is accused of trying to get a U.S. citizen with a military background to travel with him in November 2004 to the Middle East as part of the suspects’ plan to establish a terrorism training center. The indictment does not identify the military person, referring to him or her throughout the document as “the trainer.”

The Justice Department said the trainer was working on behalf of the government and was cooperating from the beginning of the investigation.

Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You can also read the indictment here.

Indictment PDF

So, the Feds apparently had an inside man listening in all the time, well that should make this case a short one. By the way it really sounds like they’re innocent and being tortured all right

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Think about it logically
Assume the 3 men are trying to wage a holy war, how would they go about doing it?

Would they try to attack American troops half a wolrd away?
Unlikely, thousands of people are already attacking them, what good are 3 more?
No, they would pick targets right here in the US.

From my understanding one of they guys owned and ran a car lot while studying engeneering at a local college.
These are smart people, they would see the futility of plotting to attack American troops half a world away.

Anyone remember the unibomber?
How about the more recient arson of southern US churches?
These are terrorist activities.
The people who actually commit crimes are terrorists.

This is clearly either a ploy as DS said or worse yet, a means to continue a meaningless war on terrorism. Look, we found some terrorists in a small town, fear them and trust us!

Toledo's local Faux News station interviewed 2 people on the story
1 Was an employee at the car lot and "never saw it coming" and "hes always been good to everybody"
2 Was a woman who "Always knew something about that guy wasn't quite right"

In the case of the second here is her justification for thinking he was a terrorist, per Faux (Fox) News:

"We did feel that possibly they could be terrorists, just the way they acted
the signs and so forth. They had private anybody trespassing will be prosecuted to the fullest. They had a big stop sign there, it was like a little umm ohh sh sh shrine or something where they advertised the fact that they did want their privacy."

Clearly, wanting your privacy makes you a potential terrorist.

I agree with DS, this is more than likely 3 poor guys who were picked by the FBI, NSA, CIA, or whoever to be scapegoated as proof that the system works.

Yet somehow no one can figure out who set all those churches on fire....
We sure got our priorities right, catch the potential criminals and let the real ones run free!
By the way, convicted felon Bob Taft is still govonor of Ohio, if that tells you anything about priority.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by mrjones]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I live in Toledo, Ohio and I am totally freaked out about the news of this. It really hits close to home, especially when it is in your own back yard.. not across the country. I am so tired of this war. Why can't human beings just get along. Live and love one another. Create peace not war. We would live longer and be more at peace.

Ok, that is my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
I live in Toledo, Ohio and I am totally freaked out about the news of this. It really hits close to home, especially when it is in your own back yard.. not across the country. I am so tired of this war. Why can't human beings just get along. Live and love one another. Create peace not war. We would live longer and be more at peace.

Ok, that is my 2 cents.

Greets! I'm from Toledo as well and it is kinda freaky, but try to seriously think about it logically.
It just does not make sense for only 3 people to plot to attack US troops half a world away.
Plus, how did these men get caught?
No one seems to be asking that question at all.

How is it we can catch people who keep to themselves and firmly believe in their right to privacy as per Faux News' interviewee #2, yet can not catch people who are actively burning baptist churches down?

Lack of priority, that's how.
The US government is looking for any excuse to show off to the world that it did something right.
"Hey world, look, we foiled a terrorist plot!"

Example:
"Hey, I foiled a terrorist plot too. I can't release the details for security reasons, but you need to know that I did it and that justifies why I need you to give me money to keep protecting you from other threats."

In the above example I may have swatted a mosquito that could have been plotting to infect you with west nile virus or I could have done nothing at all except tell you that I did something and since I can't tell you what I did you will just have to believe it was for your best interests, wether it was or not.

An event need not actually occure, it simply needs to be "prevented"
It's all in the wording

1 - We haven't had a baby yet
-- or --
2 - We use condoms and they havent failed yet

1 implies the couple is trying to have a baby and hasn't succeded yet
however after reading 2 then rereading 1, it implies they havent had a baby yet because the condom hasnt failed, a much different message.

This is an example of how things can be twisted in just a few words to totally change the meaning of words.
President Clinton's understanding of the definition of sexual relations is what got him off the hook.

By now you think I'm way off topic but heres how it all ties together, These men, wether innocent or guilty, will be made to be scapegoats reguardless via a simple bit of fancy wording to change people's views as I have just demonstrated!

[edit on 21-2-2006 by mrjones]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I thought the Bush MO was to not charge suspected terrorists with crimes so as to not alert other members of the capture and infiltration of the cell. I guess the gov't needs some positive PR right about now.

edited for spelling

[edit on 22-2-2006 by redhat]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hmm standard Govt tactic: arrest suspected terrorists in a blaze of publicity when the Govt needs to remind us all of the mortal danger we're in and then quietly release them (with attached 'acquitted terrorist' tag) when the charges can't be proved.

Happens here as well

news.bbc.co.uk...

Interesting programme this week on Channel Four - a conversation with a suspect (again subsequently released) about who he supports was leaked as a terrorist threat to Man United -'the nation's favourite team' (AKA the scum/rags). This 'brought the threat home' provided great copy but there never was a threat
www.channel4.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Is that Like a Re-Run of last weeks "We-Saved-the-Liberty-I-mean-Library-Towers-from-Dangerous-Terrorists" Episode?

Yes - the Homeland Security WORKS!

I bet that Americans feel so Safe and Secure right now.

God Bless the Bush Administration and their relentless efforts to protect the Homeland from the Evildoers, that want to threat Liberty, Democracy and the America Way.

[edit on 22/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its just another one of the Bush administration's publicity stunts.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow

There are so many differences between us. I like putting puzzles together.

Here's my theory:
Dick Cheney goes off hunting in a drunken stupor, the real story must be covered up.BREWING IN THE BACKGROUND

2. Scrambling to keep this out of the news, they pick up these guys.

3. Something else- yea the ports. Sure to cause an uproar of huge proportions. Go for it.

4. These men not only serve as a deterrent to the Cheney story, but also help the administration with the port issue. YOU SAY WE WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL OUR PORTS TO TERRORISTS? Ha! LOOK, WE GOT SOME RIGHT HERE AND THEY ARE GOING TO JAIL.

Its really simple. Some of you should look at the simplest approach at solving these riddles. It works for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nothing new is there? Nothing in my local news, anyone from Toledo have something on thier local news? Or were these guys already released since they weren't terrorists?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anti Anti Anti Anti, hell you guys need to get laid, big time! Bush is the devil Bush is the devil

So, if we don't use our intel and 9/11 occurs, he is an idiot.
If he helps to prevent 11 known terror attacks since 9/11, he is an idiot.
If our country arrests men who are conspiring to plan attacks against US interests, here and abroad, he is still evil and an idiot.

I cannot wait til Bush is out of office to see who you guys blame the worlds problems on.

This has happened before

www.latimes.com...

Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the Justice Department has brought terrorism-related charges against people in Lackawanna, N.Y.; Portland, Ore.; and Torrance and Lodi in California, breaking up what it said were evolving terrorist cells.

Toledo is in very clsoe proximity to Detroit too, whcih is like an American Mecca with a large Moslem population.

An FBI official credited local Muslim groups Tuesday with providing crucial information that led to the arrests. They declined to provide details.

Muslims and Arabs have been an established part of the community for years.

Toledo was one of the first cities in the country to have an Arab American mayor; the sheriff of Lucas County, which includes Toledo, is a third-generation Lebanese American. Its favorite sons include the late entertainer Danny Thomas and actor Jamie Farr of "MASH" television fame — both of Lebanese descent.

That history muted any backlash against the Muslim community after the Sept. 11 attacks, said Mohammed Alo, a former Muslim student leader at the University of Toledo. Now a medical student in Chicago, Alo runs a website called ToledoMuslims.com.

"After 9/11, we had numerous meetings with the FBI," Alo said. "We talked and kept in contact. We had a pretty good relationship. We did not expect to find anything like this in Toledo, but I guess sometimes things happen."

Amazing, Americans working with Moslems. Seems that the FBI had a plant, and the man actually travelled overseas with them.See, Together we can rid the world of the elements that no religion likes, an extermist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join