It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY: Escaping the Matrix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I watched a video about Intelligent design one time. It was a good movie. They are trying really hard to scientifically prove the necessity for god in the human equation without ever really saying the G word. Towards the end they got really into the whole concept of the universe itself bieng a computer program.

www.christianbook.com...

heres a link if anyone wants to buy it. I consider myself a nihilist so I hope nobody gets the impression im trying to foist religion on anyone. The video is just interesting. Its good to see a new viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I doubt if there is any grand intelligence (God, if you will) or program running the Universe. Even I could figure out ways to make things run better. If the universe is any indication, I'd have to say God is really not trying very hard.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
If the universe is any indication, I'd have to say God is really not trying very hard.

What about the universe indicates that? The extreme simplicity of physical laws that govern every element of the universe that we observe? The idea that there could, and probably is, a fundamental particle in the universe that, when combined with others like itself, manage to form the sun, the energy propelling a bullet, they keys on your keyboard, or the photons coming from your screen allowing you to read these very words? Maybe it's the perfect placement of earth on a solar and galactic scale that actually allows life to exist while, at the same time, being in the perfect position to allow for extraterrestrial observation of our entire universe. What is it in the universe that is so blatantly poor as to indicate there couldn't be a designer?

Even I could figure out ways to make things run better.

Really. How would you elect to change the properties of gravity? What about light? How should the photon’s poor behavior be modified to create a more perfect universe?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Yea yea, next your going to tell me that intensely focused thoughts create waves within the energy field and can manipulate the magnetic frequency patterns of matter thus rendering matter/energy variable according to one's own will.

Yeah, and maybe one day we'll learn that the Earth is round, and that it's only one incredibly small part of an incomprehensibly large universe. You never know.

Anyway I did say that, besides the "intensely focused thoughts" part, and the part about "magnetic frequency patterns." Intensity would have nothing to do with it, and I doubt magnetism would be much more than arbitrary.

Btw these are serious, realistic implications that groups of the best and brightest physicists in the world have been entertaining for some years now: the mind may have influence over its surroundings on a quantum level. If we were to learn how to so influence our surroundings in such a way, who's to say we couldn't take it to larger and larger materials?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The original program is totally cool. Then came the "script kiddies". We got hacked. No need to give in, just understand what is happening!!!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
the matrix is this plain of existance that most of us are locked into
try out some meditation / astral projections to break though and get out and explore

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If we're in a Matrix why would you want out? There's too much going on in here and I'd be afraid of missing something. I have to see what this Z-machine is going to do.
If there is a way out I'd bank that death is the exit point and when we get there we will all, to quote Marlin Brando, "wonder what the hell that was all about." I've read that the world's spiritual leaders may be those who have found a way out or at least touched on the exit for a glimpse of what's outside, and I think this might be likely since every spiritual tradition says the same basic message - play nice and share your stuff.
They might be on to something there.

MMP

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm probably not the smartest person in the world, but I'm pretty sure that if reality is some type of program then it wouldn't be all that hard to keep things from crashing. Here's how - 99% of everything could be the program...probably even all of us. That would explain why it's so difficult for people to get out (because you're not real). You don't need a massive network of humans/animals/whatever interacting, you only need one object interacting with a grand construct. If you have 5 humans/animals/whatever all experiencing the same reality program, but they have no communication and effect on each other's reality program then it would drastically drop the chances of them discovering a way out much less the program itself. Also, what if the only "real" object experiencing this reality program is a dog? Or a starving orphan in 3rd world country who barely has time to ponder such things? By my theory, finding the "real" object and interacting with it is about as good as we're going to get.

P.S. Sorry if I killed anyone's hopes of being "The One" because what I proposed would balance out the Matrix.

[edit on 2/25/2006 by MMP]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Buddhist philosophy often describes the world as "illusory", and prescribes meditation to see the truth through the illusion. I suppose one could draw some parallels between this concept and The Matrix, so perhaps meditation would be your best bet.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The answer to 2012 is that were being moved to a new system as the current system is running out of space due to our increasing population & technology boom that is eating up all available memory.

The reason it feels like time is going faster is because they are stealing time from each one of us in 30 minute increments in order to keep the system going. Sort of like revolving blackouts.

The reason animals go nuts before earthquakes is they're part of an earlier simpler code that is not quite in sync hwith ours. Our code was an upgrade that was patched on top of the early system.

To create havoc go to as many places as possible and experience as much as you can - then maybe we can crash the system sooner and get on with it.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We can't even get the phyisics engine of a shooter right, how do you expect the matirx to calculate a war without lag and drop in framerate?

Other than that, there is no point in leaving conciousness intact, sleeping humans are just as useable as awake one, physically, aren't they?

MMP

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
...how do you expect the matirx to calculate a war without lag and drop in framerate?

I'm going to go ahead and assume that "they" are probably a little bit more skilled at code development and every other form of science and technology.

Originally posted by Long Lance
Other than that, there is no point in leaving conciousness intact, sleeping humans are just as useable as awake one, physically, aren't they?

I'm sure it would depend on what you're trying to get out of said humans. The sky is the limit. For all we know these "things" could be harvesting our urine and might believe that a richer product is derived when our consciousness is interacting with the system. Also, most of what we know about humans and animals could just be made up by the programmers. It's for this very reason that people will tell you can get lost down the rabbit hole.

[edit on 2/27/2006 by MMP]

[edit on 2/27/2006 by MMP]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join