It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Iran Training Suicide Bombers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not to sure if this is just more propaganda coming out of Iran or not, but CNN mentioned it and I did a search only to find one source which is from Iran. With that being said the story mentions that perhaps as many as 50,000 have signed up to be trained as suicide bombers in the event Iran is attacked by outside sources (i.e., Britain, Israel or US).

Allegedly 1000 are already trained and willing to become suicide bombers, which if true is not good news at all.

Iraian Suicide bombers line up for duty

A GATHERING of Iranians who claim they are dedicated to becoming suicide bombers have warned the US and Britain of attacks on coalition military bases in Iraq should there be a strike against Tehran's nuclear plants.

"With more than 1000 trained martyrdom-seekers, we are ready to attack the American and British sensitive points if they attack Iran's nuclear facilities," Mohammad Ali Samadi, spokesman of Esteshadion (Martyrdom Seekers), said yesterday.

"We have registered more than 52,000 people who willingly are ready to defend their country," he said. "If they strike, we have a lot of volunteers. Their (US and British) sensitive places are quite close to Iranian borders," Mr Samadi said after a gathering of about 200 students for a seminar on suicide-bombing tactics at Tehran's Khajeh Nasir University.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In addition but not mentioned within the article CNN stated that one of their clerics has issued a fatwa stating it was OK to use nuclear weapons even though it is against Sharia law to do so.

If the above is true this is not good news at all 1000 trained suicide bombers ready to go on a moments notice could raise havoc.

When they interviewed some on CNN they all spoke English very well and there were both Men and women who claimed they were already trained, also not good news.

Edit to add confirmation on Fatwa

Iranian fatwa approves use of nuclear weapons

Iran's hardline spiritual leaders have issued an unprecedented new fatwa, or holy order, sanctioning the use of atomic weapons against its enemies.

In yet another sign of Teheran's stiffening resolve on the nuclear issue, influential Muslim clerics have for the first time questioned the theocracy's traditional stance that Sharia law forbade the use of nuclear weapons.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2/19/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nothing new, but very interesting. Iran has a Martyr Brigade in their military. I dont know how many members it has. I'm having trouble finding the original article I read it in, but I found a different one.

Martyr Brigade

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well that's got to be the most interesting job interview in the universe.

So Mr. Ahmed I see you graduated at the top of your class from Tehran university and let's see...hmm it says here you majored in international business and minored in suicide bombing...and you're looking for an entry level corporate position in our St. Louis office?

Well I'll ask you the same question I ask all graduates, what sort of creative passion do you think you bring to the dunkin donuts family of businesses?

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
I vote to wipe Iran off the face of the earth, lets do Syria while we are at it too.

What an enlightened post. Either you left off the [sarcasm] tags or public schools need a serious overhaul.

So, Mr Doomsday, how does this make you any different than the terrorists?

[edit on 2/19/06 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I vote to wipe Iran off the face of the earth, lets do Syria while we are at it too.

So I take it that it was fine and dandy with you that the Iranian president called for wiping Israel off the map?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander eh? :shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How do you train some one to commit suicide? I mean, the first time they get it right, you 've lost a promising student!

So the only graduates are the dummies that actually Failed the course?

Seriously though, anyone can can be taught that it is right and noble to die for vitrually any cause.

Militaries around the world have done this very thing for millenia.

"My only regret is that I have but one life to give for my Country!"

Edit: Gotta leern to spell and type!

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Bhadhidar]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
most likely more exagerated crap comming from news media to make a news story seem more exciting.

nowadays for some reason its perfectly fine for western news media to print stories about iran even if its questionable or unconfirmed.

and im sure the iranian government meant thats its okay to use a nuke to attack the enemy if the enemy atatcks them first with nukes conviently that part was left out by the story.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Are you going to sit on your ass posting online things like that, or are you willing to lead the assualt?

Either put up or shut up when it comes to crap like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Not to sure if this is just more propaganda coming out of Iran or not, but CNN mentioned it and I did a search only to find one source which is from Iran.

Here are a couple more sources:

Suicide
Bombers

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just because you took something in college doesn't mean it actually becomes your life work. While in a community college I got certificates in basic small engine repair and then advanced small engine repair. They were easy classes and I can now tune up my lawn mower, but it wasn't something I wanted to spend my life doing.

In a paranoid, deeply religious society that is controlled by the religious elite, this would be a serious badge of honor. Yes, this would look good on a job application in Iran.

That doesn't mean they will go thru with it, only that they are trying to advance in the society that was dealt to them.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And some of you actually trust these people with nuclear weapons? A nuclear-armed Iran is far more scary than a nuclear-armed North Korea, in my book. At least Kim Jong Il isn't suicidal. At least I hope he isn't...

I'm not some neo-conservative who is calling for Iran to be wiped off the map or anything. I'm all for the diplomatic road. But that road can only be travelled so far, and I think we're nearing that point. Something has to be done with Iran before they become the serious threat which they have the potential of becoming. I already find some of the Russian weapons systems which they posess to be deeply troubling. I can't imagine how it will be if and when they have the mother of all weapons.

I guess the only bright side is that it'd be next to impossible for Iran to produce a nuclear bomb suicide vest anytime in the next decade...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
All we have to say is that if they use their suicide bombers we will use our bigger B52 "suicide" bombers.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
thats the stupididist thing ive ever read about iran. training its own people to blow them selves up. i dont know whats stupider, russians killing other russians on bloddy sunday or this. the middle east is so screwed up.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes, America must be #1 in everything. That SOB Stalin holds the all time record for mass murder. We aren't going to let no stinkin communist beat us!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Yes, America must be #1 in everything. That SOB Stalin holds the all time record for mass murder. We aren't going to let no stinkin communist beat us!

Isn't Mao numero uno? I mean, didn't he murder like 80-100 million Chinese?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

What an enlightened post. Either you left off the [sarcasm] tags or public schools need a serious overhaul.

So, Mr Doomsday, how does this make you any different than the terrorists?

[edit on 2/19/06 by FredT]

We would be the one left alive to debate the "humanity" of the issue rather than the terrorist................That's how it is different!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i dont see a problem with miltary sucide bomber they are willing 2 die for there country
isnt evry soldier willing 2 die for his country? only soldiers use guns
these people blow themselfes up
i dont see anything wrong with that unless they do it against citizins just like in iraq.
My point is lett them train sucidels no problem with that as long as they do it against the people who are fighting them as like soldiers not citizins

[edit on 20-2-2006 by BaCk2thereallife]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well I hope they have a live-fire exercise as a prerequisite for graduation.

Seriously though. I am kind of taken back by some of the posts on this subject. If the information at the heart of this thread is true, Iran is sponsering terrorism. Or are they? Is it terrorism when the person comitting the act is acting as an agent of their government? Or is it an act of war? From where I sit, the first time one of these "graduates" detonates himself the country that he attacks would be within their rights to wipe Iran off of the face of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Back2thereallife.

A soldier with the proper attitude makes sure the other guy dies for his country, not dies for his own.

A live fire graduation exercise! Great line

[edit on 20-2-2006 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Well I hope they have a live-fire exercise as a prerequisite for graduation.

Seriously though. I am kind of taken back by some of the posts on this subject. If the information at the heart of this thread is true, Iran is sponsering terrorism. Or are they? Is it terrorism when the person comitting the act is acting as an agent of their government? Or is it an act of war? From where I sit, the first time one of these "graduates" detonates himself the country that he attacks would be within their rights to wipe Iran off of the face of the Earth.

I don't think it's a question of "would it be within our rights."

The answere for me is a definitive yes.

The thing is, I think that is a bit over kill. Yes we would be within our right to do it if they attacked us first, but I don't think that would be the right thing to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join