It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Embassy Assaulted In Indonesia By Protestors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Uh, really? Speaking on behalf as a Christian, and on behalf of the Jews, and the Hundus, and Budhists, and......

I disagree.

Anti-religious people are dangerous too. They always want the majority to disappear. Even those of us who don't harm them. Even those who seem to be the ever-target.

Anyway, I disagree.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Anti-religious people are dangerous too. They always want the majority to disappear. Even those of us who don't harm them. Even those who seem to be the ever-target.

TC I thought that you would disagree.
The majority ? Where I live the majority of people dont take part in organized religion. Please dont take offense by this next sentence.
By taking part in organized religion you are a tool of someone elses agenda.

I do think that there is a double standard people seem to tolerate Islam while taking on christanty. I apply the same standard to all religions to me there all the same book with differnt covers. The problem with people taking part in organized religion is that its leads to a buch of wackos attemtping to hijack society.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I apply the same standard to all religions.

So do I, but it's not a negative thing. A religion is just a set of beliefs and we all have a set of beliefs, whether religious or not.

The problem with people taking part in organized religion is that its leads to a buch of wackos attemtping to hijack society.

Again, you're blaming a religion (A set of beliefs) instead of individuals. There are whacko Muslims, whacko Christians, whacko atheists. But the majority in all groups are good people.

Those who claim Muslims are bad but Christians are good (or the other way around) are just being hypocritical. You can't group people like that. Well, you can, but it's called bigotry.

And the sooner we all understand that, the sooner we'll get to solution about this. Otherwise, yeah, there's going to be a religious war.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

TC I thought that you would disagree.
The majority ? Where I live the majority of people dont take part in organized religion. Please dont take offense by this next sentence.
By taking part in organized religion you are a tool of someone elses agenda.

And by being part of atheism, you are also a tool for someone elses agenda, which is to get rid of all religions

I do think that there is a double standard people seem to tolerate Islam while taking on christanty. I apply the same standard to all religions to me there all the same book with differnt covers. The problem with people taking part in organized religion is that its leads to a buch of wackos attemtping to hijack society.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by xpert11]

Aren't Atheists also a bunch of wackos trying to hijack society to fulfill their own agenda of getting rid of religion?

Atheism in itself is a sect, and it can be as dangerous as religions.

Definition of sect

A body of persons distinguished by peculiarities of faith and practice from other bodies adhering to the same general system

Excerpted from.
www.innvista.com...

Religions, or being atheist in itself is not bad, what is bad is "having an agenda of trying to submit the world to believe in one religion or not believe in any religion".

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Again, you're blaming a religion (A set of beliefs) instead of individuals. There are whacko Muslims, whacko Christians, whacko atheists. But the majority in all groups are good people.

Those who claim Muslims are bad but Christians are good (or the other way around) are just being hypocritical. You can't group people like that. Well, you can, but it's called bigotry.

And the sooner we all understand that, the sooner we'll get to solution about this. Otherwise, yeah, there's going to be a religious war.

Yes, there are wackos in all religions, and even there are atheist who are also wackos.

There is a problem with Islam though. There has not been any Islamic prophet after Mohammed who has appeared to say that "the old ways are done and over with".

Mohammed was a man who raided caravans, took women and children as wife/slaves from raided caravans, and beheaded people even after they surrendered. He himself has been known to have said that he broke many of the laws that the Archangel Gabriel gave him.

Of course there are many Muslims in the world that would continue the work of Mohammed, which main goal was to spread Islam to the world by the sword.

This does not mean that there are no good Muslim people who will not think of doing the things that extremists do, but these good Muslims are not doing these acts because the Q'uran, or Mohammed, does not tell them to do this. They do it because they are good people.

If you don't think that Islamic extremism, or the way Islam originally existed, is not a problem, show me another religion whose main prophet went around the world trying to spread his religion by the sword.

When people realize this, and when a majority of Muslim clerics declare fatwas that the old ways of Islam do not belong to these times, then we will see things changing for the better.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yes, there are wackos in all religions, and even there are atheist who are also wackos.

There is a problem with Islam though. There has not been any Islamic prophet after Mohammed who has appeared to say that "the old ways are done and over with".

Well, who's telling the atheists to be whacko? Whose prophet are they following?

If you don't think that Islamic extremism, or the way Islam originally existed, is not a problem, show me another religion whose main prophet went around the world trying to spread his religion by the sword.

I think extremist are the problem, but it has nothing to do with Islam. They're just using the religion to justify their actions. It doesn't matter what the prophet did! What matters is what's going on right now. The prophet is dead. Many Muslims that follow the prophet are peaceful and loving. How do you explain that? IT'S THE PEOPLE!

When people realize this, and when a majority of Muslim clerics declare fatwas that the old ways of Islam do not belong to these times, then we will see things changing for the better.

Don't count on it. The PEOPLE with this extremist agenda will find another reason or 'hang onto the old ways' or the religion will split into factions to justify their extremism. It's already happening! It's the PEOPLE, not the entire religion.

Where's that head banging emoticon?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And by being part of atheism, you are also a tool for someone elses agenda, which is to get rid of all religions

I cant speake for other Athiests but I dont go out of my to remove religion from society. I dont like religion but if I attempted to force my beliefs down the throat of the likes of TC it would only harden there beliefs.

Aren't Atheists also a bunch of wackos trying to hijack society to fulfill their own agenda of getting rid of religion?

There may be athiests that want crosses taken down from war memorials e.t.c . There just as bad as the regliouse wack jobs.

People have to decide for themselvs. I can only hope that mankind can fight off the threats that will hold civilization back.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think extremist are the problem, but it has nothing to do with Islam. They're just using the religion to justify their actions. It doesn't matter what the prophet did! What matters is what's going on right now. The prophet is dead. Many Muslims that follow the prophet are peaceful and loving. How do you explain that? IT'S THE PEOPLE!

Where's that head banging emoticon?

Well then. If that's the case, then tell us why the 'good' people of the religion are staying so quiet, whilst the extremists are so vocal?

If it is only a small fraction of the religion who make up the 'radical extremists', why don't we see the 'good' ones becoming more vocal against those who paint such an ugly picture in the name of their prophet and religion?

How are we to know who is radical and who isn't? Especially when those who 'aren't radical' don't seperate themselves from those who (very clearly) are.

Isn't it better for them to clean up their own back yard before someone else is forced to? Denial is enabling.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Local police chief Akbar Arian said the riot was not sparked by the cartoons but by allegations that a local Christian had burned pages of Islam's holy book, the Quran — another sign of the heightened sectarian tensions in this overwhelmingly Muslim nation.

Akbar Arian?
Great Arian?

Arian

Arianism was a Christological view held by followers of Arius, a Christian priest who lived and taught in Alexandria, Egypt, in the early 4th century. Arius taught that God the Father and the Son were not co-eternal, seeing the pre-incarnate Jesus as a divine being but nonetheless created by (and consequently inferior to) the Father at some point, before which the Son did not exist. In English-language works, it is sometimes said that Arians believe that Jesus is or was a "creature"; in this context, the word is being used in its original sense of "created being."

Hmmm. Interesting.

Meditate on this I will.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Well then. If that's the case, then tell us why the 'good' people of the religion are staying so quiet, whilst the extremists are so vocal?

Why should they speak out? They are under no obligation to show that they are good Muslims as compared to the violent extremists. The only people who expect them to show their separation are those who lump all people of a particular color, creed, religion or sexual orientation together and judge them based on the actions of an infinitesimal percentage.

If you're going to judge the whole religion, why do you judge the whole based on the minority? Why don't you judge the whole based on the majority?

Having said that, the truth is, there are PLENTY of Muslims speaking out against terrorism and extremism. They're not coming and knocking on your door, but they out there, organized and are very vocal. All you have to do is look. Of course that might mess up all your preconceived judgments (prejudices) but it's the truth, nonetheless.

It's there. You just don't want to see it.

Muslims take bigger role in terror fight

New Southland group will aim to deepen ties to law enforcement and raise awareness of Islamic efforts to curb extremist beliefs.

Muslims against Terrorism and Extremism

Free Muslims was created to eliminate broad base support for Islamic extremism and terrorism and to strengthen secular democratic institutions in the Middle East and the Muslim World by supporting Islamic reformation efforts.

Muslims March

The Free Muslims Against Terrorism are proud to announce that on May 14, 2005, Muslims and Middle Easterners of all backgrounds will converge on our nation�s Capital for a rally against terrorism and to support freedom and democracy in the Middle East and the Muslim world. This will be the first rally of its kind in Washington, D.C., that is led by Muslims and Middle Easterners.

Join us in sending a message to radical Muslims and supporters of terrorism that we reject them and that we will do all we can to defeat them.

Muslims against Terrorism

"It is time that we Muslims acknowledge that the freedoms we enjoy in the US are more desirable to us than superficial solidarity with the Muslim World. If you disagree, then prove it by packing your bags and going to whichever Muslim country you identify with."
Dr. M. A. Muqtedar Khan

Consider it brought to your doorstep. There are TONS of similar websites. All you have to do is look. You know how to Google, right?

Or you can continue your blind tirade against all Muslims. Your choice.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think the basis of the problem is that most of the world's human inhabitants are basically like the "angry villagers" in a Frankenstein movie. They have had their fear aroused, and are looking for blood. Anyones.

This is like the witchcraft hysteria in Africa, where "witches" were accused of stealing men's penises in their sleep!.

When people are filled with fear, they just lash out.

A much milder version is taking place in america right now, where a Dubaian company that leases port-space for loading and shipping portable containers is harrassed by the US congress for the crime of wanting to do business in the land of opportunity. And this when 95% of the worker bees at the port, including inspectors would be the same US workers that have been doing the shipping for a british company that did the work till now.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
many countries want an excuse to get mad with u.s with cartoons and now the selling of its ports.u.s needs to take a more peaceful image on the world scene.oh well it will be better when bushes term is over and they can fix all the problems created by washington.now on the other hand the danish and the media who wanted to insight this b.s in the first place shame on them.china is now banning cartoons.come on cartoons whats next smiling lol......

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
The way this has progressed, if Westerners continue to offend the Muslim cultures it may grow from mass global protests to mass global conflicts.

I don't think you're paying close enough attention. There is already mass global conflicts. These are not mere protests. These are acts of violence and mayhem. What will it take to wake people up to this situation. Islam is at war with Western Civilization. Islam is at war with Western Civilization.

[edit on 2006/2/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Aha Grady your last opinion is pretty funny. I think if you added the even several million people who participate in violent confrontations in the supposed name of their religion, there are close to one billion Muslims on this planet! One percent of the entire planets Muslim population is ten million people. I think we can all agree that 1% does not anywhere nearly qualify to be considered as the majority. If there were 10 million people attacking another religion violently, the damage and casualties would be quite a sum larger.

So obviously if we are only experiencing the wrath of only 1% of a religions war, haha I would love to see how it is going to be when the majority of that religion actually does go to war against another. You think World war two, the only thing many of you can actually compare to being as the worst event in human history, and you dream of the day you would be able to experience that versus what will happen once we reach the point mentioned.

You can argue and defend your beliefs and use the media or current events as your defense, but the easy math will not lie to you.

This is not 1984. 2+2 does not equal five. The real math has just been shown to you. You are no longer allowed to accept your current beliefs, or else you must also accept that math solution. Continuing to accept those beliefs makes you an accessory to spreading false information.

[edit on 2/24/2006 by DYepes]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join