It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Feminists Plan to Rewrite Bible Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Blimey, how far wil some bitches go........these ultra feminists have to be stopped!

German Feminists are currently writing a Bible that does not include such terms as "Our Father, Our Lord" and to always make sure that Jesus's disciples are reffered to as "Disciples and Disciplesses". *sigh*.......I'm all for Womans rights, but it's a different story to rewrite a religious text just because you believe you are under represented. There is also plans to do a "Jewish Bible" to more fairly represent "Diverse Cultures". This is just more beauracratic bull#. You pick your Religion, you pick your Religious text, if any. We don't need to mix and match all religious texts just so that everyone is "Fairly Represented", we can make up our own minds about what to follow. Bah!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ha, thats just ludicrus...it shows that religion is a farce...

anyway anybody with inteligence knows that men and women deserve completely equal rights...

sure women might not be as pysically strong as men.. but they can be if they want (plently of time in the gym and a course of steroids)...and mentally i think they can be just as inteligent as men..

nothing can stop women doing what they want...apart from men... sorry joking.....

no seriously i consider men and women... completely equal...i dont see how anybody would think otherwise unless they were a complete dimwit

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's historically documented already how various factions of The Church have already *altered* the content, context & basic *meaning* away from the Original Scriptures.

So why *shouldn't* the German Feminists have an opportunity to re-write the Bible; Everyone else has already.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Why do they care anyways?

I thought they were all atheists or wicca or satanists anyways?

Or is it Gaia they pray to?

This is just some other example of their desire to destroy what exists and then to take control over what remains.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
you sound like no one to me...
get it no one...
meaning not in the oneness of all that is...

and the word should not be raped and pillaged for the sake of ones un selfhappiness...

god bless...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
bigsage,

uh what? u talkin' to me? yeah you, talkin' to me...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
It's historically documented already how various factions of The Church have already *altered* the content, context & basic *meaning* away from the Original Scriptures.

So why *shouldn't* the German Feminists have an opportunity to re-write the Bible; Everyone else has already.

pretty much. at this point in time, it's darn near impossible to tell what the bible was originally supposed to be. everybody and their grandma's had their crack at the bible; why shouldn't the feminists?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When do the Atheists get their crack at rewriting it to make sure we're fairly and accurately represented in it? and the Quran? and the Torah? and the Necronimicron? sorry, bad attempt at a bad joke. At any rate, why are they so interested in re-writing a 2000 year old book that should be interpreted as it was written (if they're christians?)?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ks,

good points.

how about feminists write their own bible to gaia or wicca or whatever.

why don't they make up their own holidays too like they created kwanza out of nothing.

if you are going to be Politically Correct why not go all the way and make a total fool out of yourself and then reveal to everyone else the stupidity of what you are doing.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Saying "Its been done so why not do it again" is a ridiculous statement. When killers get that in their minds, they become serial killers. It's a baseless argument.

And besides, if these people DO believe in the Bible, I assume they believe in God. If they believe in the Bible, and believe in God, I would expect them to believe the Gods word. Which includes a request to NOT CHANGE THE BIBLE OR THE WORD OF GOD. So they are basically showing their distate for christianity and "abusing" the religious text to satisfy their own desires. They want to feel "needed", so they try and change history. Idiots

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
ha, thats just ludicrus...it shows that religion is a farce...

Blade Runner, I believe you could have stopped right there. That statement in and of itself is the number one BEST interpretation of religion I have EVER HEARD.

Thank you and good night.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
pretty much. at this point in time, it's darn near impossible to tell what the bible was originally supposed to be.

Old Testament...Look for literal-word translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It won't be easy because age has rendered a lot of the Scrolls unreadable & there's always something lost in translations...However, resource various websites that discuss the history of the Bible (in its various versions) & the history of the Church's treatment of the Scriptures.
For the New Testament, you pretty much have to look into Roman history, at the formation of the Roman Catholic Church & periods just shortly before that.
Some historical background on the Hebrews, Greeks & Romans (socio-political conditions) of those times as well, so you can get an idea on some of the motivations for the changes to Scripture.
Of course, if you want to go far enough, you can also follow the migration of Abraham...And how Islam got started...

Originally posted by chebob
Saying "Its been done so why not do it again" is a ridiculous statement. When killers get that in their minds, they become serial killers. It's a baseless argument.

You're right about that...But just because someone*else* gets it in their minds to write a new version of the Bible, it doesn't mean that I'm going to actually read it! If you don't like the idea that they're going to be expressing "Freedom of Speech" & so on & so forth, get activist & spread the word around about how it's such a bad idea for *anyone* to read it.
I'll simply be content to continue researching the history of the *current* Bible versions, thank you. Let them choose to change it more...I choose to ignore their rantings & ravings.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My religion( Sikhism) fully believes in the equality of women amongst men.
They are our equals if not superiors.

I think these women should get laid a bit more here and thier.
It might help them.
Sex is a great antidote to a many whims of their whiny lives.
Ladies.................PLEASE, save the false bravado for the Kitchen.
Deep

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It seems that everyone wants to re-write whatever they see fit to suit themselves!
The Bible has been Translated and some words have been changed, but the true meaning of the original words can be found if one wishes to look for them!

I dont see WHY the Bible needs any changes......God has not changed,and will not change with the times....

'''For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life,and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in trhis book.''''(Revelation 22:18,19 )
Already there have been majour changes made within the World Council of Churches.....and I guess why should they stop there.......Those people that do know the truth should not be worried, but those that do know and change scipture to suit their lifestyle and their Modern thinking have to answer to God....
helen.....

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You mean man has changed what was written in the bible?! This is unbelievable for it can't be true, our good fellow christian would never do such a thing!!!!!

/sarcasm off

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What are they going to call it?

the bitcble?

just guessing,

or how about femble?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Why not just start their own religion and with their own messiah? it seems to be the trend these days.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Lgic,

agreed why not start all over, I would have more respect for that.

not that I will join them anytime soon mind you...

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
They already have one.
Led by the infamous Dr.Phil.

You women are not that hard to understand, its just you expect so much and give so little.
Deep

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am just gonna go off the topic title and say this...stupid #ing bitches get a #ing life.

Dear me...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join