It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tatoos a good idea yes or no?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey tats are the biggest craze these days.

Frankly I think they only belong on sailors and criminals.

But I see beautiful young people burning their flesh like this is some great idea, yeah wait till they get old and watch them sag!

So what do you think?

Tats are where it's at?

Or tats are for losers?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I almost got one a couple of years ago.... but in the end I decided against it.

Some of my friends have them but I decided its not for me.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm designing my own right now.

I want it perfect before I have it done.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Permanent reminders of temporary feelings.

I like mine.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It depends if you like them.

IT depends if you have a picture/sybol or something that you love so much, that you want it on your body.

I know i have a picture that i love and am going to get tha tattoo'ed on my back in between my shoulder blades this week.

Ever since i've seen it i've loved it, and i still love it, 4 years later. I'm never going to get sick of it.

I havn't got any other tattoo's yet. I'm really looking forward to this one ;P

emblems.utopiatemple.com...

Theres a link to the tattoo i'm getting...but without the writting at the bottom.

ANd it's not just the picture i love. YEs i do absolutely love it....but it also has meaning to me to. It has more than what i'm about to say but i dont feel like saying the rest....but this pic sorta has my sense of Humour wrapped up ;P

You have to open a new browser and post the link in.

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I've got a barcode so I can be identified.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
way cool

I like it! ( not enough to steal it though)

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Good. Noone take my tattoo. Dont you dare have that on oyur body...That's MY tattoo ;P

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm covered in so many scars that I've contemplated getting a gigantic black dragon tattoo that would wrap around my torso and cover all my ugliness.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is a little something I'd like to call psuedo vanity. THis is a knotwork representation of me....LOKI! I'm going to get it right up on my shoulderblade. Nice and stingy. This christmas, man. Here's the link...

My Tatoo

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by Loki]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Just...scroll down to loki, and have a look.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Loki--- now that is wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exceptionally cool, you win over DaRage's choice for that one

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thank you so very much. I do quite enjoy it myself.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ive been thinking about getting a tatt for a long time the only thing that stops me is the thought of Aids .remember you dont share the needel but the machine that oporates the needel just bare that in mind

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have one. I've had it since 1997. It's a small one and is in a location that it can only be seen when I'm wearing a bathing suit. It has to do with the meaing of my real name. I like it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people getting a tattoo, but what I'm concerned with is that the current trend seems to be toward self-mutilation versus expression or decoration. I can't help but have the opinion that bizarre piercings and almost full body tattooing is meant to desecrate the body instead of adorn it. There's something not right about all of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I've got a barcode so I can be identified.

dont take the piss, ive got my insurance number tatto'd on my left arm... as a statement to technological opression!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Ive been thinking about getting a tatt for a long time the only thing that stops me is the thought of Aids .remember you dont share the needel but the machine that oporates the needel just bare that in mind

Actually, in reputable shops, everything is fairly sterile and the motor is covered up with a plastic bag or some other protection.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nah Tatoos are just bad. First of all their perminent. Also think about it this way, 5 years ago, were you smarter then you are now? No, ofcourse not. So in 5 years from now ,when you look back at that gay little tatoo you may have gotten, you'll say "What was I thinking, this is a terrible tatoo!"

Tatoos are just plain bad, don't bother with them.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My personal, mental block with tatoos is....

shudder...the Nazis fashioned decorative lampshades from the ornamented skins of human victims....

i really don't have a yea or nay...i just stay away!!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello,
I have over thirty tattoos, plus a full back piece that is in the process of being finished. I love my tattoos and will love them when I am 80. What I find troubling is that the new generation gets tattoos for the wrong reason. They get tattoos because their favorite musician has one, or their favorite sports star is inked. There is no thought behind the tattoo. All they do is copy what someone else has. A tattoo should mean something to the person getting it. It should be something thought out not just randomly getting something put on because everyone else has it. Having a tattoo should seperate you from the herd, make you unique. Wait a while and decide if it is for you. I personally did not get any tattoos until I was 26 years old. To the worries of AIDS and tattooing, this is just misinformation. The needle and the tube which hold the needle are both sterilized with an autoclave. Therefore there is no way of a bloodborne pathogen cross contamination. Bottom line do what feels right to you. Just take your time and think hard about it before getting one. It will be there the rest of your life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join