It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steyn On Demographics (or why the US will stay on top)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We are doing the same thing everybody else has. Oh and we're not te first ones to justify it with the cover of an idealistic goal by the way. As far as being proud of were I'm from and who I am well that would take an awful long time but either way I don't think you could possibly comprehend it.

After all were just gun shooting rednecks over here aren't we. Thats what you like to pretend at least. But thats fine. As far as Sept 11 being a good thing I think this shows what I've come to call the typical Euro mentality that I've noticed over my time on the net.

You seek to trivialize the death of thousands by calling it a good thing for america by giving the US an excuse to start a war. Just another thing the Euro's can feel good about I bet. Seeing thousands of people die on television and having a good laugh about it.

Oh and of course it was Bush that planted those bombs in Madrid wasn't he. You Euro's need to wake up.

On environmental issues I don't need to be lectured by you. Europeans wag their fingers at the rest of the world while ignoring the mess in your own back yard.

EU rivers

So you base your opinions on what peole say on the net. Probably after they've heard your ranting my friend and I would have to say us Yanks are pretty arrogant and even ignorant on many issues but I'd also have to say I don't see how you Euro's are any diiferent. I've seen the same things out of you that you accuse me of.

I never said that and if I did give that feeling I apologize. I don't believe that muslims in Britain are all terrorists. As far as Eurabia its mearly a way of fighting back when I hear the words Cowboy Land. But I won't use it if you don't use stereotypical terms about us.

The point I was trying to make was that while you Brits have been argueing with us yanks you have allowed a dangerous element to exist and grow in your own country. I don't think I have to tell you that. Abu Hamza has been preaching hate in your country for years. While you've been making excuses why you can't get rid of him his following has grown.

And as far as US peacekeeping missions here is some info. And as far as it being our responsibility. Why do you think that? Why is it our responsibilty to run around solving problems we didn't create? After all don't you euros think it be better the US not take an active role on the world stage. I certainly do.

US troops in Balkans

fine you Brits want to call yourselves the superpower go right ahead. I don't care I'd prefer that we pull all of our troops out of these hell holes around the globe and bring them home.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by danwild6]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Like usual Sminkey's right this is just a pissing contest. And we've both participated. I'm done with this thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I love how Euros lecture the US about war and violence; the hypocrisy is astounding. Europe has been the source of two thousand years of nearly uninterrupted conflict and the most murderous regimes and ideologies ever visited upon this planet.

Now it's a dead place full of nice paintings.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by ElTiante]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
exactly thats how far the US are behind

you are defiantly jealious of us though, maybe we have something you don't have?

maybe you don't like being american due to your poluted blood stream?

its okay though, don't cry its just the way things turn out!! - do you realise if we were dogs id be a pedigree you'd be a mongrel?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Originally posted by ElTiante
I love how Euros lecture the US about war and violence; the hypocrisy is astounding.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 22-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
We are doing the same thing everybody else has. Oh and we're not te first ones to justify it with the cover of an idealistic goal by the way. As far as being proud of were I'm from and who I am well that would take an awful long time but either way I don't think you could possibly comprehend it.

yeah but we live in 21st century though dude, isn't that what lifes all about 'LIVING AND LEARNING'?

After all were just gun shooting rednecks over here aren't we. Thats what you like to pretend at least. But thats fine. As far as Sept 11 being a good thing I think this shows what I've come to call the typical Euro mentality that I've noticed over my time on the net.

You seek to trivialize the death of thousands by calling it a good thing for america by giving the US an excuse to start a war. Just another thing the Euro's can feel good about I bet. Seeing thousands of people die on television and having a good laugh about it.

Oh and of course it was Bush that planted those bombs in Madrid wasn't he. You Euro's need to wake up.

think what you like about me, i don't care to be honest - i don't know you/you don't know me!!

but let me tell you something all the world sypthaised with you after 9/11 (as explained to you in previous threads) the same can't be said about the majority of americans when it was the other way round.

On environmental issues I don't need to be lectured by you. Europeans wag their fingers at the rest of the world while ignoring the mess in your own back yard.

EU rivers

dude why do you always give links to websites that are like '5 YEARS OLD'??
in any case at least we the ones who acknowledges theres problem are 'TRYING' to do something about it!!

the same can't be said about america, all they are doing is 'acknowledging' the problem

So you base your opinions on what peole say on the net. Probably after they've heard your ranting my friend and I would have to say us Yanks are pretty arrogant and even ignorant on many issues but I'd also have to say I don't see how you Euro's are any diiferent. I've seen the same things out of you that you accuse me of.

i do yes! - afterall isn't the internet just another form of communcation?, but as said you dont know me as a person, i'm not arrogant/ignorant as a person at all!! infact the majorty of americans ive met in REAL LIFE are brilliant people.

but when someone bad mouths me/my country/my background (like you have been) your not going to be exactly ^my best friend^ are you?

so if you can't beat them join em
and it seems you don't like the medicine thrown back in your own direction.

I never said that and if I did give that feeling I apologize. I don't believe that muslims in Britain are all terrorists. As far as Eurabia its mearly a way of fighting back when I hear the words Cowboy Land. But I won't use it if you don't use stereotypical terms about us.

dude i like the way you throw all this back onto me like 'its my fault!!'

is this not the 'euro polictics forum?' what are you doing here in the first place? - what mission are you on?

ACTUALLY - if you read back you'll see that YOU was the one giving the insults saying 'eurabia' (from more or less the 1st post).

i said 'cowboy land' ONCE - but again i will put that down to:-

you can give it,
but you can't take it!!

The point I was trying to make was that while you Brits have been argueing with us yanks you have allowed a dangerous element to exist and grow in your own country. I don't think I have to tell you that. Abu Hamza has been preaching hate in your country for years. While you've been making excuses why you can't get rid of him his following has grown.

you know something i ACTUALLY agree with you!!
- hes in prison now for 7 years, but i agree it should have been done sooner

but without looking on the net, i REFUSE to believe no american muslim as been charged/or tryed to promote radical behavior in YOUR country.

And as far as US peacekeeping missions here is some info. And as far as it being our responsibility. Why do you think that? Why is it our responsibilty to run around solving problems we didn't create? After all don't you euros think it be better the US not take an active role on the world stage. I certainly do.

you didn't create that trouble in iraq (why are you involved in that?),

you never created trouble in iran (why are you involved in that?),

you never created the trouble in vietnam (why did you get involved in that?)

(and thats just combat issues)!!

but theres nothing wrong in countrys sending out forces on peacekeeping dutys to unstable countrys THAT NEED THEM (thats the point i was getting at)!!

to be honest before iraq, i never knew US forces got involved in peacekeeping dutys, so thanks for the link
you proved me wrong.

I'd prefer that we pull all of our troops out of these hell holes around the globe and bring them home.

once again i agree

Like usual Sminkey's right this is just a pissing contest. And we've both participated. I'm done with this thread.

later
- ive wasted too much time on this thread also.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by st3ve_o]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join