It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam talking with his advisors about hitting Washington with WMD, hiding weapons, etc...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Just like a Soldier interviewed from Baghdad said,

" He knows why they are in Iraq" is all about Capitalism, Globalization, Markets control and the middle east, the US wants to control the markets and Iraq was the best way to start in the middle east.

At least he knew what he was talking about.

MWDs my butt.
even our soldiers in Iraq knows very well why they are in that country for.

holy sweet mother of Jesus, this brings tears to my eyes! Could it be true that there are some brains left in USA? Apparently so! Im going to cry the tears of joy now....more power to you!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The WMD travesty continues, and the loyal Bush puppies lap it up when it supports them, and then are strangely silent when it proves them wrong again.

Any takers?

Still nothing? Aw come on.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm opposed to the war, and personally wouldn't feel it was justified even if WMDs could be proved; that's just the way I think. I also don't think this story will pan out. Nonetheless, I believe there were WMDs or, at the very least, WMD research and development personnel, equipment, knowledge, and facilities. I believe this for a reason I can't prove, so I don't expect anyone to accept it at face value (nor should you, if you're smart, because I could easily be lying, even though I'm not). That reason is my father is in a limited position to hear the general outlines or the "shape" of things due to some former professional acquaintances, he has never steered me wrong, and anything he's told me about these sorts of issues has always - eventually - without fail, been borne out by fact in the news or elsewhere.

I’ve said this before in another thread, as well. He told me that, "Whatever existed" (i.e. not necessarily functional weaponry or even particularly advanced facilities and equipment for that matter) in Iraq as far as WMDs go, was indeed transported to Syria in the very early days of the war. He was quick to point out (he made it a point to say this actually) that this doesn't necessarily mean Iraq "gave" it to Syria, or that it was handed over to any official entity within Syria; only that it was transported for some reason, by some means, into Syria in the opening days of the conflict. He also pointed out that this doesn't mean they're still there, whatever "they" are. He indicated suspicion that elements of it/them found their way into the hands of a group or groups in Libya, indirectly (again, such a group/groups are not necessarily official as far as the Libyan government or military goes; he doesn't have any way of knowing that, obviously) .

He didn't elaborate at all, but I believe him. Take that as you will. Keep in mind I'm opposed to the war, and am saying this anyway. Take that as you will, too. Note: None of the information he heard was classified in any way, but may have been more than is "common knowlege" or "encouraged." Neither he nor his acquaintances would ever do anything to compromise secure information, even if they did somehow come into it (which they would never seek to do intentionally, nor are they in a position to).

[edit on 16-2-2006 by AceWombat04]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Funny how you guys just dismiss this.

Hussein Kamel, a son-in-law of Saddam's, who was then in charge of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction efforts, explained how Iraq held back information from the U.N. inspectors.

"We did not reveal all that we have," he said. "We did not reveal the volume of chemical weapons we had produced."
Kamel said Iraq had not revealed "the type of weapons, not the volume of the materials we imported."

Charles Duelfer, who led the official U.S. search for weapons of mass destruction, told ABC News the tapes show extensive deception but don't prove that weapons were still hidden in Iraq at the time of the U.S.-led war in 2003.

So the regime was lying to the UN about not only the types of weapons they had the volume of chemical weapons they had produced and the materials they imported. EXTENSIVE DECEPTION by the regime, but go ahead and just blow that off…. I wonder where all that material they lied about went?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

The WMD travesty continues, and the loyal Bush puppies lap it up when it supports them, and then are strangely silent when it proves them wrong again.

Any takers?

Still nothing? Aw come on.

I strongly suggest you read Springers post here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see what you are asking people to do is not allowed.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Cogito:

Funny how you guys just dismiss this.
External Source

Hussein Kamel, a son-in-law of Saddam's, who was then in charge of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction efforts, explained how Iraq held back information from the U.N. inspectors.

"We did not reveal all that we have," he said. "We did not reveal the volume of chemical weapons we had produced."
Kamel said Iraq had not revealed "the type of weapons, not the volume of the materials we imported."

Charles Duelfer, who led the official U.S. search for weapons of mass destruction, told ABC News the tapes show extensive deception but don't prove that weapons were still hidden in Iraq at the time of the U.S.-led war in 2003.

Actually, if you read more about it, they already interviewed Kamel and he was the most strident advocate that Iraq HAD NO MORE LEFT.

middleeastreference.org.uk...

(this is the transcript from the Newsweek interview)

In the transcript of the interview, Kamel states categorically:

"I ordered destruction of all chemical weapons. All weapons - biological, chemical, missile, nuclear were destroyed"
(p. 13).

Kamel specifically discussed the significance of anthrax, which he portrayed as the "main focus" of the biological programme (pp.7-8). Smidovich asked Kamel: "were weapons and agents destroyed?"

Kamel replied: "nothing remained".

He confirmed that destruction took place "after visits of inspection teams. You have important role in Iraq with this. You should not underestimate yourself. You are very effective in Iraq." (p.7)

Kamel added: "I made the decision to disclose everything so that Iraq could return to normal." (p.8)

Furthermore, Kamel describes the elimination of prohibited missiles: "not a single missile left but they had blueprints and molds for production. All missiles were destroyed." (p.8)

On VX, Kamel claimed: "they put it in bombs during last days of the Iran-Iraq war. They were not used and the programme was terminated." (p.12).

Ekeus asked Kamel: "did you restart VX production after the Iran-Iraq war?"

Kamel replied: "we changed the factory into pesticide production. Part of the establishment started to produce medicine [...] We gave insturctions [sic] not to produce chemical weapons." (p.13).

This interview took place after these tapes were made. Kamel was probably telling Saddam what he wanted to hear while the tapes were being made. Good eye though.

They just neglected to mention that in the original linked article.

shots: I am baiting no one. Look at all the people screaming and yelling that THIS WAS THE SMOKING GUN. That everyone knew this was the truth all along and finally now it is coming out.

And then, bam, nothing. No corroboration of anything. Not even a whiff of a hint that Saddam had WMDs. And yet now the pro-Bushies are pretty much 100% silent again. Until the next time a media report mistakenly reports "news" on the WMD fiasco, upon which time they will be back beating their chests and justifying the Iraqi bloodbath.

Then once that report is shot full of holes they will be silent again.

Actually, now that I've kind of made it clearer to myself, no response is actually necessary. I'll save it till the next round.

So, I guess I'm sorry if you perceive I've been baiting. Just desperate for a valid, concise arguing point here from the other side of the fence...

jako

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So basically we have a guy here who defected to Jordan to help the USA and UK overthrow Saddam…..why? And why when it wasn’t believed that the regime had destroyed or dismantled all its WMD’s did he go back to Iraq? Also, he states Iraq destroyed its entire chemical and biological weapons stocks and the missiles to deliver them. But where is the evidence of this?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If they can make a baby talk in Quizno's commercial, who's to say that can't digitally distort Saddam's mouth and add incriminating audio?

Somebody want to answer me that? Is that totally and completely out of the realm of possibility?

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join